Sign in to follow this  
groshnak

How to stop tickets bleeding?

I have sector control modules placed on my mission but i want to control the amount of tickets manually without the bleed system.

No matter what i do with the bleed module or even if i remove it completely, the losing side is bleeding tickets. How can i stop this..?

Need more information.

Are you using a respawnTemplate? Tickets?

Need more information.

Are you using a respawnTemplate? Tickets?

Yeah, but removed that afterwards because i dont want the mission to stop when tickets reach 0, just prevent respawn until more tickets are available.

Yeah, but removed that afterwards because i dont want the mission to stop when tickets reach 0, just prevent respawn until more tickets are available.

Which didn't seem to work either.

So now i have 2 problems:

My tickets bleed when other side has more sectors AND the mission ends when tickets reach 0 regardless if i have "tickets" template and/or bleed modules on the mission. I don't want either of these happening.

Any help? :)

Well you still didnt provide any more information than answering my question.

How do you have the sectors setup? What other modules are you using? Can we see your init to see what else your doing? etc

Are you using a Gameplay Modes -> Sector Control ?. This will do as your explaining and is basically the same as placing sectors and tying them to a Bleed Tickets. It will also automatically end the game @ 0 tickets.

Sounds like all you want it plain old sectos setup then handle everything else yourself.

Well you still didnt provide any more information than answering my question.

How do you have the sectors setup? What other modules are you using? Can we see your init to see what else your doing? etc

Are you using a Gameplay Modes -> Sector Control ?. This will do as your explaining and is basically the same as placing sectors and tying them to a Bleed Tickets. It will also automatically end the game @ 0 tickets.

Sounds like all you want it plain old sectos setup then handle everything else yourself.

Sorry, i wasn't quite sure what exactly you wanted to know. I was under the wrong assumption that there is only 1 way to make a sector control map with the modules.

That is correct, easy way to make capturable areas to trigger things.

I have a sector control (game mode) module synced to sector module to area logic to a trigger to a respawn module.

These work well. I tried putting a bleed module and setting the rules so that it would never bleed, but that did not work either.

I havent done anything for the sectors in my inits except change their markers (like "bis_fnc_modulesector_iconTextCity1sector" setMarkerText "";)

So you mean that i can delete the sector control (game mode) module to stop the bleeding and game ending from happening and just use the lone sector modules by themselves? How did i not think of that, i was thinking you MUST have the sector control module synced to sectors.

Edited by Groshnak

So you mean that i can delete the sector control module to stop bleeding and game ending and just use the sector modules by themselves?
Yes. You dont need a control module. The control module is a all in one module for adding a game play mode that uses the sectors. Sectors by themselves work quite happily, then its down to you to script the functionality you want.

Yes. You dont need a control module. The control module is a all in one module for adding a game play mode that uses the sectors. Sectors by themselves work quite happily, then its down to you to script the functionality you want.

Tyvm, how stupid of me not to try that out!

So if I use this module, how would I make it so that it resets the tickets after the mission ends? Currently everything works great, until one team wins, then the server ends the mission, but it loads back up just the way it was. How do I make it reset the mission, or reset the tickets, after the round? Any help would go a long way, thanks.