fabio_chavez

Bohemia Interactive please comment on whats hindering you to introduce Ponds to Arma3

Why are you complaining to BI when a mod you are using isn't working?

BIS relies on people using mods, that's why.

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

This certainly would not be a BIS fault, you are using a mod to get an Arma2 island to work in Arma3. I would consult the appropriate mods documentation, before you start throwing around accusations.

Are you completely unaware of the ponds problems we've been discussing here?

I hope the devs come around after the Helos DLC is out and give us an explanation, or even better a date when all these issues get fixed properly.

Imho, pond/river support will only be fixed if BI intends to introduce them in their expansion terrain.

If not, I guess we will keep playing in a dried world... :(

I hope the devs come around after the Helos DLC is out and give us an explanation, or even better a date when all these issues get fixed properly.

They already gave us an explanation: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183119-Bohemia-Interactive-please-comment-on-whats-hindering-you-to-introduce-Ponds-to-Arma3&p=2790634&viewfull=1#post2790634

We will probably have to wait. They will fix it, seeing from the explanation, it's just that other things have far more priority over this at the moment. But if one of their maps includes water systems like such, than obviously, the priority would be thrown into full. Until then, we wait, and enjoy what their priority is currently going into. Helicopters DLC, the Marksman DLC, and then we may see ponds when the Expansion goes into effect.

No, they'll probably do Superbikes DLC before getting the island to work properly.

Regarding that, where are the motorcycles? Or Motocrosses. OFP had them, so did Arma 1 and 2 IIRC.

It was my preferred way of transportation. Felt more "ghetto" =).

I feel the disappointment largely comes from the fact that Arma 3 was advertising a lot more water-based activity, submarines, divers etc than previous games yet it fell short. Few missions use much of anything water-related.

Even rain is just a highly cosmetic thing (lines across the screen). There's no puddles, no buildings shiny from water landing on them. Rain does not affect soldiers.

Or cars handling etc etc.

Regarding that, where are the motorcycles? Or Motocrosses. OFP had them, so did Arma 1 and 2 IIRC.

It was my preferred way of transportation. Felt more "ghetto" =).

I feel the disappointment largely comes from the fact that Arma 3 was advertising a lot more water-based activity, submarines, divers etc than previous games yet it fell short. Few missions use much of anything water-related.

Even rain is just a highly cosmetic thing (lines across the screen). There's no puddles, no buildings shiny from water landing on them. Rain does not affect soldiers.

Or cars handling etc etc.

My thoughts on this, would simply be to request the missing things Arma needs. Myself would like to see a classic mountain bike in game for traveling purposes. But for the Military Factions, it would be better off using ULCV's over moto's, because teu are starting to use ULCV's (Ultra Light Combat Vehicle) more often now IRL, and truthfully, having ridden in one at full speed, they're quite fast, rugged, and far better suitable/reliable than a moto or an ATV. Water craft, in relation to ponds, not much can be said there, but for waterways as a whole, wouldn't it be nice to see some kind of Waterborne Artillery vehicle? That would make a lot of sense seeing as Water play is limited. But having to send out a patrol to find an enemy Arty threat from the water...

They have their own agenda. Their top priority list, are the things that are flashy and easy. Whatever would require drastic changes gets pushed back. I wouldn't give much for the lack of ponds, but for what they represent. Ponds would bring the whole issue of AI into the equation, so instead of working on the AI, they take the ponds out. They will keep avoinding complicated things, for as long as they find easier things to release for more money. And I'm not saying that's wrong, but that's not what we would prefer as players.

They have their own agenda. Their top priority list, are the things that are flashy and easy. Whatever would require drastic changes gets pushed back. I wouldn't give much for the lack of ponds, but for what they represent. Ponds would bring the whole issue of AI into the equation, so instead of working on the AI, they take the ponds out. They will keep avoinding complicated things, for as long as they find easier things to release for more money. And I'm not saying that's wrong, but that's not what we would prefer as players.

True, but as already stated, it can be fixed, it's just not set as priority yet. AI surely can be fixed with ponds as well, they worked fine in Arma 2.

BI, you got to let the frogmen come out and play in their natural environment!

"Drought strikes Altis like never before..." :D

"Thank you, Chip. As you can see, this drought, which has been going on since 2012, has now dried up the lake at the Xirolimni dam. The FIA were reportedly going to attempt to flood altis, by blowing it up but apparently that won't happen anytime soon. Back to you, Chip."

offtopic joke: but we know what would happen instantly when that pool was full of water ... "but where are the women" would be next complaint

So no bikini babes until ponds are introduced so we can have cool pool parties in Arma 3 :D

offtopic joke: but we know what would happen instantly when that pool was full of water ... "but where are the women" would be next complaint

Dammit Dwarden, we just want our sexy party missions!

Next DLC will be the Dan Bilzerian expansion, with hot bikini girls, swimming pools and fast roping from little birds.

lawl

Because weapon inertia, firing from vehicles, slingloading and vortex ring state are flashy and easy.

But slapping some shitty water square on a ditch in the ground, now that's hardcore in-depth game design right there.

"Drought strikes Altis like never before..." :D

First the furniture disappears, now this! Oh the humanity!

its your job to please us. but yes. :D

I would actually laugh at that if both of them would not have been in Arma 2