fabio_chavez

Bohemia Interactive please comment on whats hindering you to introduce Ponds to Arma3

Why would they willingly remove a feature from a sandbox game?

Because they don't work correctly?

Because they don't work correctly?

That's circular logic at its best.

just thinking it it all through without going all drama queen, the real life Altis probably has citizens also, maybe we need to 'demand answers' for that absence also.. but tbh i no longer care whats a priority in this title.

Oh those. They were abducted by aliens, together with the furniture. You can find that info somewhere around here and on newspapers scattered around on Stratis (no shit)

Absolutely +1000,000 !

My personal pet peeve - about this game is why they haven't seen the $ signs and properly released / or allowed people to release WITH a support structure the Previous content or Content created by the community. It's like learning a new language without a Rosetta stone...

New Signature applied !

SJ

8 pages and not a single comment from BI about this issue. Please keep on writing here, hope dies last.

I will try to get your some answers but atm. busy with MP issues

Ponds, rivers and puddles confirmed!

Agree, no other way to interpret that :p :)

Seriously it will be very interesting to know. I have always liked when BIS explains about the engine, no matter if it's about features or limitations/problems.

Agree, no other way to interpret that :p :)

Seriously it will be very interesting to know. I have always liked when BIS explains about the engine, no matter if it's about features or limitations/problems.

If you look at BI's other products that run on the RV engine, you'd realize that this is an engine with no limits apart from what you set on it.

I agree with this, especially if the dev team wanted (or the community wanted) to create maps more realistically with a pond/river/waterfall system! Imagine the possibilities.

I don't want to be the type to jump on the bandwagon "just because", but I must agree with the vast majority here. Why does something that existed in one iteration not exist in another?

I will try to get your some answers but atm. busy with MP issues

your efforts are very appreciated!

P.s. I saw that Sig on Neodammerung's profile - It's not mine, I assumed it was the "official" protest sig.... Numrollen I hope you don't mind me using it ?

SJ

Edited - got the name wrong sorry - oh and the Infraction was for having two Sigs on by mistake.. Sorry all.

Edited by serjames

Didn't saw there was a signature rule, also got a warning for that, sorry , I reduced the size of the signature, feel free to update :)

[url=http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183119-Bohemia-Interactive-please-comment-on-whats-hindering-you-to-introduc-Ponds-to-Arma3][img=http://i.imgur.com/spEZnBC.jpg][/url]
[url=http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149905-Terrain-Improvement-(dev-branch)&p=2571150&viewfull=1#post2571150][img=http://i.imgur.com/rxgBaz9.jpg][/url]

I don't want ponds the way ArmA 2 had ponds. Sure, fix it for backwards compatibility's sake, but that's not the way to go. I want to see them implement a real solution, like the one they use in VBS which works wonderfully. It's an engine level change so it's more involved, sure, but it opens up many more possibilities instead of having to place a bunch of water objects on the map. I made a ticket about it a while back here. I feel it's the proper solution.

I'm not asking them to give us the LandBuilder features that automatically change the base terrain heightmap and produce a second water heightmap for you. I'm sure we in the community can work that part out. Just give us the ability to add an optional 'water = /my/path/my_water_heightmap.asc' line to our terrain's config and have the water generated at those points. I know that it's not as simple as I'm making it sound. I'm a software engineer myself and can fully appreciate the time and resources that would go into making an engine level change like this for something that sounds easy, but it's very doable. It's been 13 years since OFP came out, and ever since then, we've been stuck with (virtually) no water above sea level. C'mon, guys. You do the work on the back end, and we'll give you all the splendid ponds, splendid rivers, and splendid lakes ArmA maps deserve. :D

I think there are also legal limitations for using VBS technology in Arma, it's not just about coding it.

thb id rather not have any bit of code that is related to any military or arms industry dollar... keep the VBS stuff in VBS

thb id rather not have any bit of code that is related to any military or arms industry dollar... keep the VBS stuff in VBS

Haha I hear the flower children calling. Make love not orphans. You do realise its more likely when you bought that can of coke ,mac Donalds use internet or what ever you're smoking , that tax dollar is paying for those real war arms.

I don't see a fix for ponds coming till the new arrow head type dlc drops. As lame as that is.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

That said keep this tread alive. As bis don't deserve to get off that lightly. Considering they have purposely ignored this tread.

^^good thing is that it's not necessary (yet) to pay for US wars (to use US dollar), but the bad thing is that you would then end up in a "bad guy club" - which isn't exactly elitist if you dont have S-300s or S-400s.

Oh, and me too wants some ponds, lakes and rivers, Poppa!

feel free to ridicule the notion of not beeing willfully ignorant toward connections between armsindustry (death) and videogames (entertainment)...

also your implyed verdicts of hypocracy regarding McDonalds misses the point but lets stay on topic :)