Sign in to follow this  
COMMANDOBLACK

Needing a hand PLZ. setVectorDirAndUp / attatchTo incompetents.

Can anyone help out with finding the correct variables, so that the subs movement in travel is in par with the SDV forward movement.

Yes, I've read almost EVERYTHING KK has writen on this. I've researched this for hours, trying to do it my self. I just can't get the numbers game to line up correctly. z and y, z and y :mad:

I think I might be too burned out to get it also.

submarine = "Submarine_01_F" createVehicle position this; deleteVehicle this;

Submarine AttachTo [sDV_1,[0,10,-6]];

Submarine_1_1 setVectorDirAndUp [[1,0,0],[0,0,1]];

I have only gotten a wii gain from doing it on my own. So I now come to the alter of ARMA.

Submarine AttachTo [sDV_1,[0,10,-6]];

Submarine_1_1 setVectorDirAndUp [[1,0,0],[0,0,1]];

Three command lines and three different "submarine", "Submarine", "Submarine_1_1"... As KK already asked, why's that?

Sorry about the old script men. I did not happen to notice that I had posted old information. Some of which that came from my earlier trial and error sessions. (I was using two subs at the time, trying to figure this out.) I coppied the script that was not properly set up. I told you I was tired. This is what I was using.

Submarine AttachTo [sDV,[0,10,-6]];

Submarine setVectorDirAndUp [[1,0,0],[0,0,1]];

To explain my situation again. The larger sub is connecting to the SDV pointing towards the tail end of the vessel. I would like to have it connected, and positioned in the same nose direction as of the SDV. I've seen this done, but I could not replicate it.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Why are you attaching Submarine but are trying to rotate Submarine_1_1?

Yeah, I posted the wrong script I was using. That one, came from the trial and error session. I was using two subs for test purposes. =)

Edited by COMMANDOBLACK

Aren't variables case-sensitive? You should also change your object definition to "Submarine" instead of "submarine"

You want it face opposite way? setVectorDirAndUp [[0,-1,0],[0,0,1]]

Wow, just like that and it is done. I was at this for hours. I was on the wrong axis all along. Now I have a working moving Submarine. Thanks a million.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Wow, just like that and it is done. I was at this for hours. I was on the wrong axis all along. Now I have a working moving Submarine. Thanks a million.

this setDir 180; submarine = "Submarine_01_F" createVehicle position this; deleteVehicle this; Submarine AttachTo [sDV,[0,-10,-3]]; Submarine setVectorDirAndUp [[0,-1,0],[0,0,1]]; = working.