Sign in to follow this  
blackpixxel

UTS-15 Tactical Shotgun

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

You should look into ambient shadow maps for the gun's model. The UTS can sometimes look wonky in first person because the gun doesn't cast shadows on itself. This is one of the qualities that help the vanilla weapons look so good, and I think the UTS model could benefit from it greatly.

When dropping mags on the ground:

Warning Message: Cannot load texture c:\users\benedikt\desktop\everything regauding my weapon\bpx_uts15\ui\ammobuck_ca.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture c:\users\benedikt\desktop\everything regauding my weapon\bpx_uts15\ui\ammoslug_ca.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture c:\users\benedikt\desktop\everything regauding my weapon\bpx_uts15\ui\ammohe_ca.paa.

You should fix the path on the p3ds to be relative not absolute.

kthxbye

I believe its from this mod didn't notice it till after i loaded it, but my pistol cartridges (RH Pistols) are shotgun shells for some reason, anyone else having this issue at all?

I believe its from this mod didn't notice it till after i loaded it, but my pistol cartridges (RH Pistols) are shotgun shells for some reason, anyone else having this issue at all?

I'm having that issue too. It's rather absurd seeing the micro Uzi spewing out 12ga shells. That said, does need a fix.

Oh, I forgot to change that. I used Robert Hammer's PhysX Cartiges, but I didn't changed the classname. I am sure that this is causing the issue.

I will try to do the shadowmaps, and then I will make a new update that hopefully fixes this.

that thing is awesome, can we have a "what if" version with a integrated assault rifle or something, please?

like a m4 masterkey.

Very nicely done and a lot of fun. Thanks for making this :)

It's awesome to switch from buckshot and backup sight to slug/HE and optic, and finally we have a shotgun with pump-action and the proper sound too.

Just had my first mission using this. Works pretty well.

It looks really good in game. I thought it was well balanced as well, I couldn't really hurt anyone that was 100 meters away (Without using all my ammo) but if an enemy was within that range I could kill them. Loving the HE rounds in it as well. Those are just disastrous for who ever is on the receiving end.

Kind of wish it had side rails so you could put stuff on the sides, but since its got an included light the only thing would be a laser. You have done a really great job with this. Thank you!

There is a spot for a laser on the top rail, he just rotated the proxy so it mounts like that. Just don't use TOP designated lasers or it'll look funky.

There is a spot for a laser on the top rail, he just rotated the proxy so it mounts like that. Just don't use TOP designated lasers or it'll look funky.

Yea, when I first got into the virtual arsenal I was like OH YEA! I need a flashlight for night time! I forgot it had the built in light, tried it and couldn't see through my sight at all.I just tried the laser pointer on the top rail, I wouldn't put anything on that top rail just because its sort of in the way. I like to use the vanilla ACO (Red) sights and the laser pointer sits just a bit too much in its view for my personal taste.

But I also think this adds something nice to the weapon. You cant just slap every accessory on it and go. Makes you think about whats really going to be important during the mission.

http://i.imgur.com/6CPMIaU.jpg LRPS Shotgun!

Edit:

The Laser pointer actually works really well with the MK17 Holosight, which is included in UTS-15 the ammo box. <Just in case anyone was wondering.

Edited by Night

I'm oddly just not a shotgun fan in games and in real life. It's cool to shoot clay pigeons with but I'm more of a rifle person myself, but if I do need a shotty this is the one I'd use though.

@EricJ there are some things that need to be worked out in real life with this shotgun, its sorta unreliable with feeding shells into the chamber and since its made of a TON of plastic bits, tiny plastic bits, it has a lot of issues with things breaking and rendering the gun a massive useless piece of plastic. though i will not claim to be an expert and i have not fired this shotgun irl, but this is what my good friends have told me.

---------- Post added at 04:37 ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 ----------

http://i.giftrunk.com/803xdw.gif (1855 kB) Please......

Nice one, personally I would have chosen a more "current" (590, 870 etc.) shotgun, but I get it and it looks really cool. Not only do I like this, but here's hoping this is the possible beginning of a slew of practical pump shotgun mods.

@EricJ there are some things that need to be worked out in real life with this shotgun, its sorta unreliable with feeding shells into the chamber and since its made of a TON of plastic bits, tiny plastic bits, it has a lot of issues with things breaking and rendering the gun a massive useless piece of plastic. though i will not claim to be an expert and i have not fired this shotgun irl, but this is what my good friends have told me.

---------- Post added at 04:37 ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 ----------

http://i.giftrunk.com/803xdw.gif (1855 kB) Please......

That's what I've heard (generally unreliable, not the reasons above) so it's a good thing A3 doesn't model reliability... :) But it's a good weapon to shoot in Virtual Arsenal though that's for sure, but I'll be sure to take it on a server and see how it goes.

Texture issues aside there`s some things that is keeping us from using this and it`s the scripting side.

When taking the weapon into hands and the script is sucking up the inventory and then refilling it it can duplicate stuff to fill the inventory completely.

When taking the weapon into hands it always consumes a mag to reload it, this is a real problem with a two main weapons loadout.

AIs acting on their own or remote controlled don`t seem to understand the weapon very well and just keep on reloading.

I know that fixing all of these might be quite a lot of work so I`m suggesting maybe to do a version of the shotgun that has only 1 magazine in the weapon that doesn`t rely on a script?

Thanks!

-eRazeri

Texture issues aside there`s some things that is keeping us from using this and it`s the scripting side.

When taking the weapon into hands and the script is sucking up the inventory and then refilling it it can duplicate stuff to fill the inventory completely.

When taking the weapon into hands it always consumes a mag to reload it, this is a real problem with a two main weapons loadout.

AIs acting on their own or remote controlled don`t seem to understand the weapon very well and just keep on reloading.

I know that fixing all of these might be quite a lot of work so I`m suggesting maybe to do a version of the shotgun that has only 1 magazine in the weapon that doesn`t rely on a script?

Thanks!

-eRazeri

My experience as well, cool concept but perhaps may not be easy to implement effectively.

Honestly a partially hamstrung version that operates with one tube might be a compromise for those who don't want to bother buggering around waiting for this to maybe work at some point in the future.

Very cool addon, just, very experimental, and not functional.

Hi, great addon, but can you make more amunition types?

In example:

-Flechette (better precision and penetration than buckshoot).

-Smaller pellet buckshoot.

-Sabot slug (more penetration than lead slug and some of them have less drag by making them aerodynamic shaped).

When the RH Pistol Pack combined with the UTS-15,

shotgun shell is ejected from the Pistol Pack Guns.

That's a known glitch dude, and is being worked on I believe... read the thread, it's only eight pages! :P

Yep, confirming the same issue. It's pretty annoying. :(

EDIT: ah, nevermind. I see it has been already discussed many times. However, it has been like 4 months since the first report. Or are there any fixes I am not aware of?

Just wanna report in, the shotgun is still severly broken after the Marksman Update. It still causes RobertHammer's pistol pack to eject shotgun shells and can't be rested (character puts the weapon on the back instead).

I'd really love if the author or someone could fix these issues because this is the only shotgun addon that would kinda fit into the Armaverse... sadly, it seems to be ignored. :(

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Cool mod and great work. Do you think we can add a threshold in ace to reflect how terrible this gun is in real life and how much it jams up, especially in cold weather? :)