Sign in to follow this  
blackpixxel

UTS-15 Tactical Shotgun

Thank you for the report.

The texture message should be fixed in the next update.

I now used AGM and it does not seem to cause the problem. Then I tried many different units, and some of them just dont seem to have the eventhandler that gets defined in CAManBase. FIA soldiers, CTRG & civilians dont run the scripts yet. I will see what I can do to solve this. Do you remember which type of unit you had?

The thing with the grenadelauncher/primary hotkey is because the right magazine behaves similar to a regular underbarrel grenade launcher.

I was just waiting for you to finish before I tried it. It looks so cool. XD

Thank you for the report.

The texture message should be fixed in the next update.

I now used AGM and it does not seem to cause the problem. Then I tried many different units, and some of them just dont seem to have the eventhandler that gets defined in CAManBase. FIA soldiers, CTRG & civilians dont run the scripts yet. I will see what I can do to solve this. Do you remember which type of unit you had?

The thing with the grenadelauncher/primary hotkey is because the right magazine behaves similar to a regular underbarrel grenade launcher.

You have now learnt why the default event handlers aren't very good - if you want to 'add' to an eventhandler via config you can't do it, whatever you set will be the one and only eventhandler of that type. FIA units for example override the INIT event handler with their randomized headgear script.

Might want to consider using CBA and it's extended event handlers as they work around this limitation. https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cca/wiki/Extended_Eventhandlers

Might want to consider using CBA and it's extended event handlers as they work around this limitation.

Thank you for the information. Bad Benson already recommended to use CBA, but at first I wanted to make this addon working without other required mods.

But since it now uses Joint Rails, there is no reason why I should not use CBA too. I hope that it will solve the problem.

On Armaholic someone wrote that the scripts won't work with CSE. I tried that a minute ago and can confirm it. I have no idea how CSE works, but I think that it also uses eventhandlers. Maybe CBA will solve that too.

First: I really enjoy playing with the UTS-15 ;).

But when a AI has the shotgun, he's reloading all the time and doesn't stop doing it :(.

Can you make it so it falls apart and jams constantly like it does in real life? lol JK. Looks awesome, can't wait to boot up ArmA and try it.

Damn, this is 20 years from now. The shotgun has been fixed !

And if not, let's just pretend this is armaverse - where UTS-15 is a reliable weapon :)

Hi,

I hope that some of the problems are fixed with this new update:

The addon now requires CBA, but this avoids problems where my eventhandlers got overwritten by some BI functions. CSE did the same, but thanks to CBA the UTS-15 is now CSE compatible.

In addition to that I added units equiped witht this shotgun to the editor. You will find them for each military faction under Men->Riflemen (UTS-15). They will spawn without a pistol to avoid trouble with AI (They switched to the pistol instead of waiting until the reload animation is finished). Their UTS-15 will be equiped with a Holosight and an IR-Laser. In their inventory are 7 magazines of buckshot and 3 of slugs. I also found out that AI where able to interupt the reload animation but still have a fully reloaded weapon. This is solved now!

Download Version 1.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5neus5xr5sbeuk/%40BPX_UTS15.rar?dl=0

I don't know whether the massive jamming is still a problem with the latest version of the real UTS-15 or not. I just read that the gun was improved alot. But it would be a nice "feature" for the mod :cool:

Edited by BlackPixxel

This shotgun is a lot of fun, having a blast with small CQB skirmish fights in the editor.

Just a tiny cosmetic error, but the magazine selector switch is reversed. When pointing to the left it should cut of the left tube and visa versa. Sorry for nitpicking ;)

Also, are you planning on adding the alternating firing mode?

Hi BlackPixxel,

congratulations for this great work - and the new update!

One issue on starting ArmA3:

I get the message: bpx_uts15 requires addon CBA_A3!

Thast impossible, because I have (and use) the last ver. of CBA_A3!!!

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

There are no further problems ingame!

It works great (only this message...)!

This shotgun is a lot of fun, having a blast with small CQB skirmish fights in the editor.

Just a tiny cosmetic error, but the magazine selector switch is reversed. When pointing to the left it should cut of the left tube and visa versa. Sorry for nitpicking ;)

Also, are you planning on adding the alternating firing mode?

Oh, thank you for the information, I didn't know that. But it will be easy to fix this.

I also didn't know that there is an alternating firing mode, but this may be harder to implement.

Edited by BlackPixxel

Hi,

I can use it, all works fine!

Proved my CBA_A3 - its the newest version...:confused:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

BTW it's not "CBA_A3", it's "CBA_MAIN" as a requirement as I do have CBA A3 running and everytime I start the game it's giving me the "requires CBA_A3".

And just got a hard stoppish with "No entry config.bin/CFGPatches.cba_a3."

Nah man you have to specify "CBA_MAIN", can't do shit with the current build. And this is going through the Editor to checkout your guns, it won't let me into the mission when your mod is running.

Edited by EricJ

Thank you, now I renamed it, and I also inversed the movement of the magazine selector switch. I don't get the error with this version.

Sorry for all the little updates, but I don't have a lot of experience in all those things...

Edited by BlackPixxel

Well don't feel bad man, my track record isn't error-free either :) But thanks man. I've messed with Purple's Benellis a bit doing clay pigeon shooting but this looks pretty cool.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Still got the error (worked fine in Arsenal...) but cracking your config:

class Disable_XEH_Logging

{

units[]={};

weapons[]={};

requiredVersion=0.1;

requiredAddons[]=

{

"CBA_A3"

};

};

Good work, the shotgun is awesome !!!

Edit : CBA error is gone :)

Edited by NikoTeen

Confirmed man, nice work and works like a charm :)

Nice Shotgun man, also love the trailer you made! :D

All you need is a Colonial Marines skin as well as the classic Xenomorph ;) (Hmm....I wonder if there could be a person making one, that'll be awesome)

Regards,

Ranwer135