Sign in to follow this  
blackpixxel

UTS-15 Tactical Shotgun

Hi everyone,

I am glad to have finally finished my first Arma 3 weapon mod. I tried to bring a shotgun into the game, since there aren't many available.

The UTS-15

s1_zps87db2c8e.jpg

The real UTS-15 is a very unique weapon made by Utas. It is basically a pump-action shotgun with two seperate ammunition chambers. Both can be filled with up to 7 12G-rounds. With an additional one in the chamber the gun can carry 15 rounds. The two magazine system allows the rifleman to switch quickly between to different kinds of ammunition, which makes the weapon very versatile.

Features

pump-action animation the players hand moves back after each shot, the part of the weapon as well

two magazine system with animated switch

custom reload animation when you had 3 rounds left and now have 5 after reloading, the animation only plays 2 times

reload interruption via changing the firemode (wait until the animation is finished until you switch the firemode back)

ammunition-pool when enough rounds are left in your inventory a reload will always fill your weapons magazine

Built-In Flashlight via Light-Button. It is more complicated but not impossible to switch between laser and integrated light

Now with ASDG Joint Rails support

Content

4 different color variants Black, CTRG, AAF & CSAT

3 different ammunition types Buckshot, Slugs & High Explosive

Silencer + Flashhider

Classnames

Basic weapons: BPX_UTS15 | BPX_UTS15_CTRG | BPX_UTS15_AAF | BPX_UTS15_CSAT

Weapon with Laser+Holosight: BPX_UTS15_CQB | BPX_UTS15_CTRG_CQB | BPX_UTS15_AAF_CQB | BPX_UTS15_CSAT_CQB

Ammunition: BPX_UTS15_Pellets | BPX_UTS15_Slug | BPX_UTS15_HE

Attachments: BPX_snds_UTS15 | BPX_mzls_UTS15

Download Version 1.4

Dropbox Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5neus5xr5sbeuk/%40BPX_UTS15.rar?dl=0

This mod requires CBA_A3:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

And ASDG Joint Rails:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23242

Changelog

14. September 2014 // 0:10

-no more CBA_A3 warning

-Fireselector is now inversed

13. September 2014 // 17:30

-The addon now requires CBA_A3

-> CSE compatible

-> Every unit should play the animations now

-Added: Editor classes for the 4 military factions ( Men-> Riflemen (UTS-15))

-New classnames for variants with Laser+Holosight

-AI does not cheat anymore (They were able to reload within a single animation)

-Minor Model/Material improvements

12. September 2014 // 00:40

-Reduced Filesize from 112 MB to 33 MB by more efficient UV mapping

-Added: ASDG Joint Rails Support

-Added: Key (I hope it works now)

-Icon & Website for Expansion-Menu

Known Issues

Please note that you have to reload both magazines each time when you spawn with this weapon because of the way Arma 3 handles multiple muzzles that uses the same magazine types. At the moment I simply cannot solve this.

I can only hope that everything else will work as expected.

If you find any bugs (I am sure you will :D), then please tell me about them. Thank you!

Edited by BlackPixxel
  • Like 1

Nice! But we already have a lot of addons where I play and i'm gonna get hanged high and tight if i install an addons that take 100megs on the server for just one gun. Do you have a lighter, maybe lower-res version?

Thanks.

Beautiful highly detailed and thank you for your hard work!!! cant wait to shoot'm up!!!!

EDIT:::

it has signatures but no Key...

Edited by Lordprimate

Finally A3 has its deserved shottie! Great job BlackPixxel, hope you add ASDG_Joint Rails compactibility soon, as this UTS-15 is craving for RH flashlights or iansky red dots =)

congrats and cheers!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you all for your feedback!

I am currently trying to lower the filesize, thank you for the hint!. Then I aim to make it Joint Rails compatible.

Sorry for the missing key, this is my first time doing this, so I did not know that I have to add it too.

All in all there will be an update very soon.

Absolut impressive work!:yay:

Hope you add ASDG_Joint Rails compactibility soon, too!

Just wow! First mod and you come up with this? Damn you have a bright future ahead.

Also, once again the video is top notch. :ok:

Hello,

Good job on the shotgun. For some reason, I have no animations at all (reload, pump, ...)

Nothing relevant on .RPT

Any idea ?

Hello,

Good job on the shotgun. For some reason, I have no animations at all (reload, pump, ...)

Nothing relevant on .RPT

Any idea ?

Which type of soldier did you use? I noticed that the scripts don't work for the bluefor story soldiers, maybe you used one of them.

Which type of soldier did you use? I noticed that the scripts don't work for the bluefor story soldiers, maybe you used one of them.

Right, Bluefor. I tried on a usermade showcase mission with VAS ammoboxes to load your shotgun. The default player model is a custom bluefor soldier.

Thank you so far for your feedback!

I now updated the download link with a new version. The new file is with ~33 MB a lot smaller than the original ~110 MB one. I noticed that I could reduce my ammount of textures by another UV layout, which safed memory.

In addition to that I added 5 lines to the config to make it ASDG Joint Rails compatible. That also means that Joint Rails is now a required mod to use the weapon.

I also added the Key and hope that I made it correct. So this should work in multiplayer.

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5neus5xr5sbeuk/%40BPX_UTS15.rar?dl=0

@NikoTeen:

I tried a mission with VAS, but it worked without problems, except for the fact that it only loads the black color variants. But I think this is related to the mechanism of the VAS script.

I just experienced that the eventhandlers don't work when I play with a NATO Story Soldier, like McKay. Maybe the usermade mission you played used one of them. All the regular Bluefor Units are working for me.

@BlackPixel, great weapon mod mate. really fits the A3 setting and looks cool. Well done as well, worked fine for me. Really well done for a first addon, I'll add you to my list of favourite "virtual arms dealers".

@NikoTeen:

I tried a mission with VAS, but it worked without problems, except for the fact that it only loads the black color variants. But I think this is related to the mechanism of the VAS script.

I just experienced that the eventhandlers don't work when I play with a NATO Story Soldier, like McKay. Maybe the usermade mission you played used one of them. All the regular Bluefor Units are working for me.

Ok, thanks.

Could you please then provide an ammobox for your different variants, maybe?

Even better, a new bluefor CQB soldier ! :)

Could you please then provide an ammobox for your different variants, maybe?

Even better, a new bluefor CQB soldier ! :)

Hehe, there is already one, it is called 'UTS15 Box'.

The idea with the soldier is great, I will do that soon!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Got into few errors, first:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34097587362924174/B86046BF6279E274E13F12BA0D7BCE4712C09048/

Second is no reload animation, I am using it with AGM, not tested without it yet. Funny thing is, AGM "Select Grenade Launcher" button switches to Right ammo slot, and "Select Rifle" selects Left ammo slot.