Sign in to follow this  
Macser

Adding new transition animations

Although I'm going to plough ahead and try it out myself,I'd like to know

if any of the more experienced members still here,have already tried this.

Specifically adding completely new transition animations.

For example,between a sprint and stop.At the moment default behaviour is

sprint to instantaneous stop.There's no transition.So there's no apparent momentum.

Simply defining an animation and including it in the connectto,connectfrom entries

doesn't seem to work.Even if the animation can be accessed via switch/playmove.

As I've said I'll be trying it out anyway.But it's good to have as much information

as possible from a variety of sources.

I managed to configure a crappy looking transition animation from sprint to full stop by adding a new entry under class CombatSprintFActions. You need to add stop="yourAnim" there to define what animation is played when the character stops sprinting. After that, you would need to add the connections and interpolations and whatnot in the animation entries themselves to make the transitions smooth, but I don't know much about configuring them. Sanctuary might be the only one who truly understands CfgMoves.

Thanks for the reply Rellikki.That's very useful info.And I've already

been tormenting Sanc on the subject. :)

Making those changes seems to work well enough when it's applied to a global config.

As in,the config that sits in the bin folder of a mod.But I would eventually like to restrict

the additions to a particular class/addon.

It's really simple. You would have to define your own separate animation set by copying the entire CfgMoves section from the main config with your changes in it into the addon's config, like so:

class CfgMovesMC {};

class yourAnimations : CfgMovesMC
<the entire CfgMoves section goes here>

You will also need to copy the class CfgVehicleActions and class CfgManActions into the addon's config too in their entirety before the animation set entry, or else there will be errors.

To enable the new animation set to your soldier class, simply add the following into their CfgVehicles entry:

moves="yourAnimations";

Thanks for the replies Rellikki.I hate having to restate entire classes.But after some initial tinkering,

it looks like that may be the only way to go.

The actual animations I'm not too bothered about.Although I'm no professional animator,

I can put a sequence together fairly quickly.It's always code that tends to hamper me. :)