Sign in to follow this  
edfathead

Radio Trigger deactivate or reset

Hi guys. It seems there are a few similar questions out there but no direct answers that work for me. I would have thought this would be fairly common?

I want to use a radio trigger to activate a slowed down time (Focus sate) for a limited time then reset time to normal & become unavailable for another set time.

I can achieve all of this with three triggers but the problem I am having is it only works once & it is due to the fact the radio triggers do not DEACTIVATE. is there away to reset or deactivate a radio trigger for a use again?

I realise there is a setting for "Once" & "Repeatedly" but this does not help.

I have a link to my basic test set up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6drog9yfb0isbuk/Test.VR.zip?dl=0

every trigger requires a condition before it fires, typically it is "this" which refers to the other parameters you have set, eg triggered by etc

You can add to these conditions and for your particular requirement i would use a boolean (True or false), which can be used for basic On or OFF switching

Also make sure the trigger is repeating, eg will fire more than once.

In the Init.sqf add the line

MyTag_TriggerActive = FALSE;

in the trigger condition field add to the condition so it looks like

this && Mytag_TriggerActive

In whatever scripts that this runs or whatever script you want to turn the trigger On or Off, simply redefine Mytag_TriggerActive to TRUE or FALSE to enable or disable the trigger

when MyTrigger is set to true, the trigger will be active

typically have the trigger exec a script such as

nul= [your passed values] execVM "MyTriggerScript.sqf"

and in that script

MyTag_TriggerActive = FALSE; // Turns the trigger off
// add your code for the script
[] spawn {sleep 300, MyTag_TriggerActive = TRUE};// this will re enable the trigger 5 minutes later

Take care to think about where the trigger needs to be active, or rather which machine needs to run the script, Server etc and maybe the use of

MyTag_TriggerActive = TRUE; Publicvariable "MyTag_TriggerActive";

If you want the trigger to be activated or deactivated on all nodes from 1 machine, eg the server

• Sad 1

MyTag_TriggerActive = FALSE;

in the trigger condition field add to the condition so it looks like

this && Mytag_TriggerActive

This do not work with radio trigger ... if you add something to the condition "this" it cease to work.