spirit6

Mission Template Stand Alone GAIA - Make missions FAST by using MCC GAIA engine

@ dreadpirate and @killick great call killick!!!  even though I did not have the standalone template Jebus pretty much had it within its folders as well as codelines in mission description and init calling for GAIA. So I am assuming as you stated the mod and the script files were in conflict causing the long delay 15 groups in 5 different zones using gaia  takes around 4 1/2  minutes now which is very acceptable consider I have a lot of stuff going on with in the mission including around another 20 groups spawning in with Jebus until certain events occur to stop the groups from respawning.  Thank you guys for the assist 👍👍 sincerely avibird.

The only downside is you can't tweak gaia parameters adjust AI behavior you need to stay with the mod setup but the positives outweigh the negatives with waypoint creation time and all the other stuff you can add using MCC4 mod to a mission. 

Test update information.

If I only have 15 groups using Jebus and gaia zone waypoints. Generation time is less than 2 minutes. 

If I have 35 groups in the mission

15 groups using Jebus and gaia.

10 groups using Jebus to respawn with editor waypoints.

10 groups with no Jebus (no respawns) and only editor waypoints or no waypoints at all 

It's taking about 6 1/2 minutes to generate all gaia zone waypoints. What I am seeing when observing through Zeus. The editor waypoints are the first to get spawned then gaia but it will spawn blufor then opfor and then independent group waypoints in that order. 

I had a few armor units with a shit load of editor waypoints circling around my AO over 20 waypoints for each of the 5 vehicles. The majority of units using gaia zones/waypoints was IND groups which is the last thing that gets spawned what I am observing.  

I had 45 groups initially in the mission but I am going to downsize and keep my total groups less then 40. I don't know if real issues was having Jebus gaia folder and the codelines in the mission init and description. I think it's based on how Jebus spawns in editor waypoints first and then gaia waypoints blu opfor and then ind groups in that order as well as this PC was built for Arma2 lol.

GPU I5-2500k @3.30ghz boosted 4.20 

Only 8 GB of memory 

Only a standard hard drive not SSD

GPS AMD Redeon HD 6900. AVIBIRD.

Is anyone using GAIA Know why GAIA after some time deletes editor created waypoints? Having that issue where all waypoint types dissapear after some time for AI or players.

In my scenario i have a transport unload,move,cycle waypoint in order for player to transport infantry via helo but waypoints are deleting themeselves after sometime so something is breaking them.

I know this script hasnt been updated in some time and i dont think Spirit is around but if anyone had this issue and has a fix id appreciate it,thanks

I happen to have downloaded this, back when it was available, but never used it.

After looking through the scripts quickly, with a program like FileLocator Lite (free)/Pro, you will find the function "fnc_RemoveWayPoints", and it being called in several other scripts.

Specifically, this function is called multiple times from "fnc_GAIA_Issue orders".

Not certain if your group was handed off to GAIA from the outset?

This is just a quick look to give you a starting point at least.  Again, I've never used this, but any help is better than none.

9 hours ago, panther42 said:

I happen to have downloaded this, back when it was available, but never used it.

After looking through the scripts quickly, with a program like FileLocator Lite (free)/Pro, you will find the function "fnc_RemoveWayPoints", and it being called in several other scripts.

Specifically, this function is called multiple times from "fnc_GAIA_Issue orders".

Not certain if your group was handed off to GAIA from the outset?

This is just a quick look to give you a starting point at least.  Again, I've never used this, but any help is better than none.

I did look through all the functions and i know this particular one and yes its issued to GAIA units as is normal.But the issue is that non GAIA units,editor placed,including player unit,are getting their waypoints deleted and they have nothing to do with GAIA at any point in time.

This was an issue years ago and at that time i thought it was MCC causing the issue but seems now its GAIA,as the standalone script causes this too.

Two ways i tested was to give units to GAIA via waypoint activation,noticed that GAIA wasnt getting initilaised on those units even though they reached their wp,and other units completely not,nor ever given to GAIA(in this case a gaurd wp) had their wp removed over a period of time,and lastly , player wp's get removed too.

All said wp's get removed at the same time it would seem so something in GAIA is causing it to happen.Tested purely with GAIA and nothing else.

Hello I know this thread has not be active for awhile but hoping there's still a few people out there that like to use GAIA as a random generated waypoint and overall command for the enemy AI.

I know the author of this script and the author of The MCC4 mod are no longer active. I was I have noticed with the standalone version script. AI control planes will randomly land at airports and then taxi back out complete one-way point and then land at an airport again. This does not happen while using mcc4 but mcc4 is accumulated a lot of corruptions and eats my FPS in my mission. The standalone everything works as the MCC4 except for fighter planes which has this bug about randomly landing at airports. 

Could any standalone version uses confirm this for me. Thanks avibird 

I can 99.9 % assure the standalone version of GAIA is not working for air units Jets and helicopters. The waypoints are generate located at the airports and dot in the GAIA zones the pilots of the planes will land taxi backup and land again.

I still like to use GAIA zones for my randomly points with VCom. The standalone version still works well with infantry and armor units. So I simple fix was to use UPSMON for my air units  UPSMON works very well for Jets and helicopters with randomly points within the zone and you can use the zone GAIA zones for both scripts.

Hello the MCC4 mod is no longer being updated and very buggy laggy and a lot of the functions do not work at this point. One of the the best features of this mod is  GAIA.  The standalone still works except with air units. Infantry and armor units are good but with armor units there can be a significant weight period to generate new waypoints once a unit reaches its final destination and sometimes a waypoint is located on a terrain that the vehicle cannot get to.

Does anyone know where the the folders is located so I can adjust the issues of waypoints.  Waypoints in the standalone version Areca little broken out and needs to be adjusted. Unfortunately the author of The standalone version is no longer active with Arma. 

Avibird