spirit6

Mission Template Stand Alone GAIA - Make missions FAST by using MCC GAIA engine

Personally I would keep the name the same so there is no confusion.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, delta99 said:

Personally I would keep the name the same so there is no confusion.

It'll still be Gaia, which is what I think everyone knows it as. 

Just in case others are struggling with the logo (I was for a bit till my wife pointed it out ^^).

The capital 'G' in the Greek alphabet is: 'Γ' (Gama)

The capital 'A' in the Greek alphabet is: 'A' (Alpha)

The capital 'I' in the Greek alphabet is: 'I' (Iota)

You really needed to know that ; )

Here is my take on the GAIA icon:

pCDPHre.png

• Like 2

@doc. caliban do you have a demo with your new updates? Can you please provide a link or demo. Does the AI vehicles still attempt to move to waypoints that are not available for vehicles. 

On 8/11/2020 at 4:27 AM, strider42 said:

Just in case others are struggling with the logo (I was for a bit till my wife pointed it out ^^).

The capital 'G' in the Greek alphabet is: 'Γ' (Gama)

The capital 'A' in the Greek alphabet is: 'A' (Alpha)

The capital 'I' in the Greek alphabet is: 'I' (Iota)

You really needed to know that ; )

Here is my take on the GAIA icon:

pCDPHre.png

I like it!  Is it ok if I incorporate that?  I'll give credit, of course.  Thanks!

11 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

@doc. caliban do you have a demo with your new updates? Can you please provide a link or demo. Does the AI vehicles still attempt to move to waypoints that are not available for vehicles. 

Hey there.  I am super behind on this still with work being busy and being in the middle of a protracted move.  As of right now I don't have a link to a beta but I only need a day to get to that point... (He says as he's getting ready for a Saturday work shift.)  I can certainly include a demo.

As for AI waypoints and vehicles, can you give me a good description of the issue?  I have not touched that part of the code yet as I've been mainly focused on the garrison issues. 

Off to bed... 5 am comes quickly.

• Like 1

Well when gaia generates waypoints for foot units all is good but with vehicles it's all over the place sometime in deep Forest foliage on top of unattainable mountain peaks ect.the waypoints for vehicles should be roads or first area on minimal elevations. Vehicles will get stuck a lot

On 8/22/2020 at 3:17 PM, avibird 1 said:

Well when gaia generates waypoints for foot units all is good but with vehicles it's all over the place sometime in deep Forest foliage on top of unattainable mountain peaks ect.the waypoints for vehicles should be roads or first area on minimal elevations. Vehicles will get stuck a lot

Are you using addons? GAIA uses a dynamic way to figure out what unit type it is using. If the addon creator "improved" the config file, GAIA has no clue what the unit is.

• Thanks 1

Spirits that has been an issues for a while with GAIA is great with infantry units on any map but vehicles on heavy forest or mountain maps waypoints get populated for unattainable locations. sometimes the vehicle will hold position and a waypoint will get delete it and move on to the next sometimes the vehicle gets stuck. This has been an issue with GAIA and most of the random generated scripts and mods with armor vehicles. Upmons when it worked had a function to set vehicle waypoints only on roads. It worked great but upmons has not been updated for a while. 

@spirit6 I use both MCC4 gaia and your gaia together in the same mission. I always have MCC4 running for all the other stuff besides use of gaia. I always use Jebus respawning script that has MCC4 gaia Incorporated into the spawn of units/groups including editor waypoints.

Your commands line does not work with Jebus. His code needs to go into the group leader init and then the group gets delete it and respawns on mission start I think your code does not carry over like MCC4 gaia code is build into the responding parameters but I use a work around.  Jebus keeps editor place waypoints and your gaia command code can be initiate it from waypoints not just the group leader init. Having a an option when gaia takes over gives you more flexibility with mission design especially using waypoints like sentry with that said your updates have nothing to do we the MCC4 gaia ? I am curious to see what the difference is between the two gaia or is there no difference. I never run your standalone because I always have MCC4 enable. Is there a difference between the two at this point. 

Also upmons had a function that made armor vehicles only get generated waypoints on roads but upmons has not been updated and does not work properly anymore armor vehicles can still be difficult to use with your script especially with islands with heavy Forest and steep mountains. Avibird 

@sprite or anyone else may know this. Is there a group limit when using GAIA. I am having an issues with groups getting waypoints when I have to many groups using GAIA > then 20 groups and 5-7 minutes to initiate waypoint movements within the zones. Has anyone else experienced this.

On 9/13/2020 at 2:27 PM, avibird 1 said:

Is there a group limit when using GAIA

Not that I have ever encountered @avibird 1 I have used it with high group counts. But when you say "issues with groups getting way points" - in what circumstances? I've never seen issues with groups getting patrol waypoint or fortify when they are just 'doing their thing'. I have often seen Gaia not giving orders to groups that I had expected would react to an enemy presence, but Gaia didn't issue them any order to attack or move.

However, I have put that down to the Gaia decision making about how to respond to a detected threat, and not down to a bug. Some groups do respond, others not. 

@killick the initiation of waypoints when the mission starts sometimes I have to wait 7-12 minutes until all the groups have their initial waypoints. Once they get their initial way points no issues with the groups getting additional waypoints. This s us with around 15-20 group using GAIA but I have MCC4 install I don't just use the standalone template.

Heyw many seconds or minutes after you start the mission do you see random generated waypoints within zones. What I am saying it takes 7-10 minutes at times to see all the groups moving around their assigned zones. 

3 hours ago, kremator said:

That seems like a VERY long time for units to get orders.

100%  agree with you. The only othe mod's I have is VcomAI and MCC4 with GAIA. If I take out Vcom is pretty much the same time plus Vcom does not influence AI units  until combat mode is triggered

On 9/16/2020 at 2:41 AM, avibird 1 said:

Heyw many seconds or minutes after you start the mission do you see random generated waypoints within zones. What I am saying it takes 7-10 minutes at times to see all the groups moving around their assigned zones

Hi @avibird 1 - Short answer - nowhere near that long.

Long answer -  first the differences: I use GAIA as scripts and not as a mod, and so without MCC as well. I don't start my missions with editor placed groups under the control of GAIA, I dynamically spawn all GAIA groups into their zones and give them an attack, defend, fortify order according to the mission set up. I don't use VcomAI.

Outcome - when a group is spawned and 'given to GAIA' they tend to respond within 30 to 60 seconds and start moving, patrolling, fortifying etc. 

Have you tried without Vcom, as I think you might have two mods fighting each other to decide which is going to boss the units around the map?

• Thanks 1

Vcom AI only kicks in if the groups have contact and go into combat mode. If not in combat mode no waypoints ordered they just sit around and wait for a call for help. It's like having groups with the guard waypoints with so much more. I use jebus to respawn the groups which has gaia build in to the script. I need to see if that is the issues. It all works but a long wait time.

I was looking at JEBUS today, and saw that it comes with a full copy of the GAIA scripts. So if you are using that and MCC you might have an issue with two versions of GAIA running? Just guessing. 

Sorry - there are so many variables to test for I'd need to set up a mission and run it a few times to offer more assistance. And 'real-life demands' are keeping me from ARMA just now.

• Like 1

No Jebus was design purposely to use MCC and GAIA. I have spoke with dreadpirate. He checked his demo mission for me last night and groups get their way points 20 to 40 seconds that's with him using gaia parameters in his code. What I was thinking that I need to uninstall mcc4 and reinstall it. Perhaps something got messed up in one of the files. I took out Vcom but still having the same issue with groups get there waypoints 7 to 10 minutes.  

7 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

No Jebus was design purposely to use MCC and GAIA. I have spoke with dreadpirate. He checked his demo mission for me last night and groups get their way points 20 to 40 seconds that's with him using gaia parameters in his code. What I was thinking that I need to uninstall mcc4 and reinstall it. Perhaps something got messed up in one of the files. I took out Vcom but still having the same issue with groups get there waypoints 7 to 10 minutes.  

Not so fast, @killick might be onto something. I've always just run the script version of GAIA, never GAIA and MCC at the same time. That might be your problem, two instances of GAIA competing for control of units.....

@dreadpirate I never used thev standalone template template of gaia always have the MCC4 mod and never had an issue with waypoints taking this long to beb generated in the zones. I do not set up the zones on the fly using the MCC4 interface they are always zones drop down through the editor

1 hour ago, avibird 1 said:

@dreadpirate I never used thev standalone template template of gaia always have the MCC4 mod and never had an issue with waypoints taking this long to beb generated in the zones. I do not set up the zones on the fly using the MCC4 interface they are always zones drop down through the editor

Then I'm really confused. I've tried to recreate your situation, but I just don't have the same problems.....

Hey dreadpirate I just DL the demo mission of gaia stand alone it has 6 groups three bluefor  and three opfor. I added 6 more on both sides for total of 18 groups less then 90 seconds all opfor groups got waypoints and after 3 minutes all 18 groups moving towards the zone. Maybe there's an issue actually with MCC4 itself. I just uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now to test play to see. Thank you guys for attempting to help me out on this.

OK the issue is Jebus has the GAIA folder inside the jebus folder so if I take out the jebus which I will never that is my respawn go to script for all my mission then I don't know how to setup the GAIA zones and give control to the groups from the editor? I like to use MCC4 for a lot of things extra the new fire module IED random mission armed civilians air drops air transport CAS food ect. How can I use the MCC4 mod but still make most of my mission using editor placed groups.

39 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

OK the issue is Jebus has the GAIA folder inside the jebus folder so if I take out the jebus which I will never that is my respawn go to script for all my mission then I don't know how to setup the GAIA zones and give control to the groups from the editor? I like to use MCC4 for a lot of things extra the new fire module IED random mission armed civilians air drops air transport CAS food ect. How can I use the MCC4 mod but still make most of my mission using editor placed groups.

Delete the GAIA folder

Open description.ext

Delete the line that says: #include "gaia\cfgFunctions.hpp"

Unless they've changed the way units are allocated to GAIA, all your JEBUS units should still work.....