spirit6

Mission Template Stand Alone GAIA - Make missions FAST by using MCC GAIA engine

Hi Spirit6 or someone else who can help(?),

I'm getting this annoying error, which just fills my .rpt and drops fraps a lot. I don't quite understand what I've done differently :confused: I'm not 100%, but fairly certain this is gaia related.

Some help would be great, thanks.

The error:

Error in expression <_units = _units + [b Alpha 1-3:1]>
Error position: <Alpha 1-3:1]>
Error Missing ]
Error in expression <_units = _units + [b Alpha 1-3:1]>
Error position: <Alpha 1-3:1]>
Error Missing ]
Error in expression <_units = _units + [b Alpha 1-3:2]>
Error position: <Alpha 1-3:2]>
Error Missing ]
Error in expression <_units = _units + [b Alpha 1-3:2]>
Error position: <Alpha 1-3:2]>
Error Missing ]
Error in expression <_units = _units + [b Alpha 2-1:1]>
Error position: <Alpha 2-1:1]>
Error Missing ]
Error in expression <_units = _units + [b Alpha 2-1:1]>
Error position: <Alpha 2-1:1]>
Error Missing ]
Error in expression <_units = _units + [b Alpha 2-2:1]>
Error position: <Alpha 2-2:1]>
Error Missing ]
Error in expression <_units = _units + [b Alpha 2-2:1]>
Error position: <Alpha 2-2:1]>
Error Missing ]

This just then goes back to the very first line and then keeps repeating. Any ideas ?

@pathfinder

I do not hold enough information on what it is you do. If I download the template version from the link on the first page, I do not hold RPT issues like this. In order to do any support you need to narrow the issue and/or tell me what you got running there ;)

@pathfinder

I do not hold enough information on what it is you do. If I download the template version from the link on the first page, I do not hold RPT issues like this. In order to do any support you need to narrow the issue and/or tell me what you got running there ;)

Thanks for reply. So sorry, I forgot I made a post here :o I have resolved the issue and it turned out it had nothing to do with gaia at all. My apologies for not letting you know.

@ Spirit6 or anyone else who may know way I get double and triple units in a zone When I am using the CACHE function.

I have one zone inside the zone I have four grps

2 with this in the grp leader init

(group this) setVariable ["mcc_gaia_cache",true, true]; (group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["1", "NOFOLLOW"], false]; SQUAD OF 8 =16

(group this) setVariable ["mcc_gaia_cache",true, true]; (group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["1","FORTIFY"], false];

SQUAD OF 4 = 8

When I first go < 2000 and < 1000 I get 24 units in four grps all good but after I move out of the zone 2000 meters I am getting more grps that spawn in the zone over 12- 16 grps and over 100 units.

I don't thing the zone has a repeat section in the script only CACHE function. Has anyone had this issues and how can I fix it. Avibird.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

After some more testing the CACHE function is not working it doubles and triples the units when you go and come back into the zone < 2000 meters/1000 meters. Maybe after the last game update it got a new bug but that is the story of BOHEIMA one step forward with the core game content but two steps backwards with community made content ): I could be wrong on this but can someone else confirm the bug now!

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

@ Spirit6 or anyone else who may know way I get double and triple units in a zone When I am using the CACHE function.

I have one zone inside the zone I have four grps

(group this) setVariable ["mcc_gaia_cache",true, true]; (group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["1", "NOFOLLOW"], false]; SQUAD OF 8 =16

(group this) setVariable ["mcc_gaia_cache",true, true]; (group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["1","FORTIFY"], false];

SQUAD OF 4 = 8

When I first go < 2000 and < 1000 I get 24 units in four grps all good but after I move out of the zone 2000 meters I am getting more grps that spawn in the zone over 12- 16 grps and over 100 units.

I don't thing the zone has a repeat section in the script only CACHE function. Has anyone had this issues and how can I fix it. Avibird.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

After some more testing the CACHE function is not working it doubles and triples the units when you go and come back into the zone < 2000 meters/1000 meters. Maybe after the last game update it got a new bug but that is the story of BOHEIMA one step forward with the core game content but two steps backwards with community made content ): I could be wrong on this but can someone else confirm the bug now!

Heya! Thanks for posting and notifying. I currently dont hold much time to get a decent test/report. Does this problem also occur playing with no mods and using only the example template provided? You are not using MCC and the template together? This might result in double output.

Hi! I like this template alot/ Great work!

But i have a question. How to make units RESPAWN DELAY?

I have a plane on a map with this "(group this) setVariable ["MCC_GAIA_RESPAWN",20, true]; " in init line. It have 20 respawns. If this unit gets destroyed, it will respawn in a second.

Help plz. Maybe need of use some "sleep" command in some scripted file?

Hello,

is there a way to activate a debug mode that display on the map the different waypoints (and their type) associated with each group ?

Thx.

Hi Spirit,

I have a question regarding GAIA's point system,as in how what she deems is a decent size response to a threat.Does GAIA count groups,or amount within a group?

Gaia trys to send three times the amount to deal with a threat correct?

Well lets say the threat is an 8man squad,and in the region Gaia has three groups comprising of 24 in each group,does that mean Gaia will send one group(24 men. 3x8=24) or will Gaia respond with three groups regardless of how many men are in said group?

Can someone tell me how to set delay on units respawn?

There is no functionality for respawn delay in the template itself. YOu can ofcourse go to the code and implement your own delay in there.

It is in the init.sqf and should be somewhere in this code:

//===============Delete Groups ====================
if (isServer ) then 
{
[] spawn 
{
	_gaia_respawn = [];
	while {true} do
	{
		//player globalchat "Deleting started..............";

{
			_gaia_respawn = (missionNamespace getVariable [ "GAIA_RESPAWN_" + str(_x),[] ]);
			//Store ALL original group setups
			if (count(_gaia_respawn)==0) then {[(_x)] call fn_cache_original_group;};

if ((({alive _x} count units _x) == 0) ) then 
			{
				//Before we send him to heaven check if he should be reincarnated
				if (count(_gaia_respawn)==2) then {	[_gaia_respawn,(_x getVariable  ["MCC_GAIA_RESPAWN",-1]),(_x getVariable  ["MCC_GAIA_CACHE",false]),(_x getVariable  ["GAIA_zone_intend",[]])] call fn_uncache_original_group;};					

//Remove the respawn group content before the group is re-used
				missionNamespace setVariable ["GAIA_RESPAWN_" + str(_x), nil];

deleteGroup _x;
			};

sleep .1;

} foreach allGroups;			

sleep 2; 
	};
};
};

Spirit im back to bother you again because this,if possible is out of my scope of how to do.

Im attempting to give a few groups to Gaia on a trigger,but i then want to remove them from that zone via another trigger,and then give them a new zone.I cant have them able to leave zone for this mission,i need them to act under gaia in zone A,then be "reasigned" to zone B.

Does that make sense and is it doable?

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

EDIT: This is all pre made in 2D editor,i cannot/would prefer not to manually move zone markers as you and shay demonstrate in tutorials

Spirit im back to bother you again because this,if possible is out of my scope of how to do.

Im attempting to give a few groups to Gaia on a trigger,but i then want to remove them from that zone via another trigger,and then give them a new zone.I cant have them able to leave zone for this mission,i need them to act under gaia in zone A,then be "reasigned" to zone B.

Does that make sense and is it doable?

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

EDIT: This is all pre made in 2D editor,i cannot/would prefer not to manually move zone markers as you and shay demonstrate in tutorials

Yes, this is very well possible. Just do the command to change them.

Example

<group> < setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<ZONE NUMBER>", "MOVE"], false]; -> Agressive.

Simply update zone number on the <group> you want to change. Can be done by triggers, scripts, what ever. Be sure to know what the last boolean is all about :)

If you change the variable on client side, set the boolean on true so that it is publicly announced and the server knows the change. If you already change it on the server side there is no need to broadcast to all clients so leave it false.

Edited by spirit6

Yes, this is very well possible. Just do the command to change them.

Example

<group> < setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<ZONE NUMBER>", "MOVE"], false]; -> Agressive.

Simply update zone number on the <group> you want to change. Can be done by triggers, scripts, what ever. Be sure to know what the last boolean is all about :)

If you change the variable on client side, set the boolean on true so that it is publicly announced and the server knows the change. If you already change it on the server side there is no need to broadcast to all clients so leave it false.

Excellent! I didnt realise its just as easy as updating zone and setting to false(im assuming thats boolean you refer to as to make them not leave zone b).

Sweet as a nut,gonna try now,cheers.

Excellent! I didnt realise its just as easy as updating zone and setting to false(im assuming thats boolean you refer to as to make them not leave zone b).

Sweet as a nut,gonna try now,cheers.

No, no the boolean is default stuff. It has nothing to do with the zones itself :)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVariable

The boolean means private or public broadcasting to all clients/server.

Over my head haha thanks for the link.

Iv gotten an issue with giving to gaia via trigger that i never had before,just now when trying it.Can you confirm im entering things correctly?

Now this should be basic but its working in a funny way.

Ok,so i give my group a name.In this case "red" In the leaders init box i write this setgroupId ["red","groupcolor2"]

All good so far,check the map,group has the name "red" displayed proving thats now its ID.

On an activation trigger with radio Alpha i type: (group red) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["5", "NOFOLLOW"], false]; (to get the ball rolling for them to patrol 1st zone) However they dont start patrolling,anything wrong up to this point? There wasnt a few months ago doing this this way i recall.

Now if i name the group LEADER "red" it works.Theres the problem for me,if leader "red" dies before trigger is triggered for the group to patrol,they do not patrol.

Group this in the leaders init works fine,just wont work from a trigger.Iv tried using "red setvariable ....." instead of group red,no difference.And im positive i had this working a few months ago when i tested it.

Over my head haha thanks for the link.

Iv gotten an issue with giving to gaia via trigger that i never had before,just now when trying it.Can you confirm im entering things correctly?

Now this should be basic but its working in a funny way.

Ok,so i give my group a name.In this case "red" In the leaders init box i write this setgroupId ["red","groupcolor2"]

All good so far,check the map,group has the name "red" displayed proving thats now its ID.

On an activation trigger with radio Alpha i type: (group red) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["5", "NOFOLLOW"], false]; (to get the ball rolling for them to patrol 1st zone) However they dont start patrolling,anything wrong up to this point? There wasnt a few months ago doing this this way i recall.

Now if i name the group LEADER "red" it works.Theres the problem for me,if leader "red" dies before trigger is triggered for the group to patrol,they do not patrol.

Group this in the leaders init works fine,just wont work from a trigger.Iv tried using "red setvariable ....." instead of group red,no difference.And im positive i had this working a few months ago when i tested it.

I am typing you from my mobile phone in a traffic jam. So dont hold it against me if it fails :)

Try putting this in the leaders init box: GRP1 = group this;

then : GRP1 setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["5", "NOFOLLOW"], false]

SetgroupID requires the group variable (the THIS) and does not alter it, itself except appearance; I thought (without checkng syntax :P ).

You can then update GRP1 any time you like. Change its beahvior, its zone, what ever. Even respawns and even make it fortify.

Edited by spirit6

I am typing you from my mobile phone in a traffic jam. So dont hold it against me if it fails :)

Try putting this in the leaders init box: GRP1 = group this;

then : GRP1 setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["5", "NOFOLLOW"], false]

SetgroupID requires the group variable (the THIS) and does not alter it, itself except appearance; I thought (without checkng syntax :P ).

You can then update GRP1 any time you like. Change its beahvior, its zone, what ever. Even respawns and even make it fortify.

Trying "group name = group this;" didnt register the group name for me(on map picture via mcc console anyway) leading me to think "group this" was not working anymore.

But i will try later when get time and test again.

But i see what you mean with the need for "This" i will attempt next time,thanks

Thanks spirit that instruction did the trick.

=Group this doesent actually show the group name in mission but i can just add set group id afterwards for visual aspect.But yeah,group is now updating its zone and all is a little less safe in cherno;)

Thanks spirit that instruction did the trick.

=Group this doesent actually show the group name in mission but i can just add set group id afterwards for visual aspect.But yeah,group is now updating its zone and all is a little less safe in cherno;)

Red, you happen to have an example mission that I can put on the front page? I am planning to do some work on the gaia system soon, so a misison file that I can work on would be cool. Or any other reader ofcourse :)

Hi Spirit,

I am messing around with having a unit(s) patrol all zones...the idea having empty/unoccupied zones on the map (which blufor may or may not enter, etc)...helicopters already do this of course, but I thought why not infantry as well? Is it possible now? i.e. have I missed something? But I don't think I have (?).

I tried this:

(group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<1", "MOVE"], false]; 

But it didn't work. It would be great to have this feature. As I understand it GAIA will only send units with "MOVE" into a zone, when it's aware of an enemy presence in that zone. Hence the reason for a group(s) to be able to patrol all zones- make sense?

Any help with this would be great.

Incidentally, I don't have any missions without add-ons or where I have mixed it with other spawning units, etc. Otherwise I'd be happy to share. If time is your issue, I could probably knock up a mission using the vanilla on Altis or something, as a demo mission for GAIA?

P.S.

Great that you're considering to update this- great news :)

Hey Path,

Yeah, a vanilla mission would be highly appreciated! If you can do that, many thanks! Time is an issue indeed.

Units in MOVE means only that they will respond to threat outside their zone if within acceptable range. They will always return to their own zone when the threat is eliminated or simple lost. Yeah, I have been thinking about adding something like that. I was thinking of simple passing an array of zone's to the unit. so ["[1,2,3]", "MOVE] would lead to the unit patrolling zone 1, 2 and 3 in agressive mode.

Would that hold your interest?