aluc4rd

Sling Loading Feedback

SAR helicopter harness would be awesome for picking up pilots who ejected and parachuted into the sea or some other difficult terrain.

Sling loading limits are based on mix of reality and ingame flight model - Huron can lift up to 10 tons, Taru can lift 12 tons. For example, weight of Marid is 18,6 tons. For Slammer it's 65 tons. Transporting heavier cargo is topic we are definitely aware of, but at this moment I can't promise you anything.

Btw. you can change weight of cargo via setMass command and lift tanks, but be aware that mass influences driving model and some other things so we can't guarantee that there won't be strange behavior.

And where aare these weights/masses shown? im struggling to find within the Config, without having to open them up to find it. Im looking to store the weights of the vehicles in an array.. presume by using

_loadweight = getNumber(configFile/"CfgVehicles"/(typeOf _vehicle)/"weight"); last entry isnt correct.. can you fill the blank please :)

And where aare these weights/masses shown? im struggling to find within the Config, without having to open them up to find it. Im looking to store the weights of the vehicles in an array.. presume by using

_loadweight = getNumber(configFile/"CfgVehicles"/(typeOf _vehicle)/"weight"); last entry isnt correct.. can you fill the blank please :)

It's defined only in models - you can use scripting command "getMass" to get the value.

Are you aware of the bug that in a multiplayer scenario you can only lift vehicles that are local to the client? So you need to actually get in the vehicle then get in the heli and lift it in order to make it liftable?

3DBJORy.jpg

This must happen,i read on internet and found that LB mass is 1,591 pounds and converter said that is 721 KG,so under 1 tonn Huron should be able to lift this baby with no problem so why not? :D

Second thing that i would love that devs notice is,what ever little damage you do to helicopter it is imidiately damaging slings from helicopter if i shoot in front of helicopter or side of helicopter(Huron,Taru dont mind) it will damage slings,and yea BTW Mohawk is missing that nice glass destroyed texture

Is there anywhere a documentation about the sling loading?

Can we set what can lift what or not?

Can we lift any object?

Edited by Giallustio

Is there anywhere a documentation about the sling loading?

Can we set what can lift what or not?

Can we lift any object?

Ask Varanon on the CUP chat, he had it figured out :)

If anyone is still looking at this forum I could use some help. I noticed that now when the sling loading what finally brought to the normal build of Arma 3 that "vehname setMass [10,0.5]" does not seem to work anymore and I remember it was working back when slingloading was on the development build. I am working on a mission where I would like to be able to have a Ch-67 Huron able to lift a tempest truck for part of a mission and I and I am wondering if there is any way for me to get this done since that setMass command no longer seems to work.

If anyone is still looking at this forum I could use some help. I noticed that now when the sling loading what finally brought to the normal build of Arma 3 that "vehname setMass [10,0.5]" does not seem to work anymore and I remember it was working back when slingloading was on the development build. I am working on a mission where I would like to be able to have a Ch-67 Huron able to lift a tempest truck for part of a mission and I and I am wondering if there is any way for me to get this done since that setMass command no longer seems to work.

Have you made the mission into a multiplayer mission? Because if you have, the chances are locality has foxed you.

setmass has to be run where it is local to the vehicle you want to lift. Here's some code to fix you up.

In init.sqf, put this.

tky_setmass = compileFinal "(_this select 0) setMass (_this select 1);";

then when you want to change the mass of the vehicle you want to lift, put this,

[[_lifted, 8000], "tky_setmass"] call BIS_fnc_MP;

where _lifted is the vehicle you want to lift. This will setmass it to 8000 which the Huron can lift.

Don't forget though, to set it back to it's original weight after you finished moving it to stop any weird stuff happening.

Well, it seems that when you sling load an object, that object will become local to your client. If you set the mass after you create the rope, you don't need to broadcast the command. I need to test it a bit more by the way

I read that too but often got unreliable results so to be on the safe side, I always do it on the server too.

Have you made the mission into a multiplayer mission? Because if you have, the chances are locality has foxed you.

setmass has to be run where it is local to the vehicle you want to lift. Here's some code to fix you up.

In init.sqf, put this.

tky_setmass = compileFinal "(_this select 0) setMass (_this select 1);";

then when you want to change the mass of the vehicle you want to lift, put this,

[[_lifted, 8000], "tky_setmass"] call BIS_fnc_MP;

where _lifted is the vehicle you want to lift. This will setmass it to 8000 which the Huron can lift.

Don't forget though, to set it back to it's original weight after you finished moving it to stop any weird stuff happening.

I've put the first code that you gave me in my missions init.sqf file, but where exactly am I suppose to put the second code you gave me? On the init field of the vehicle or in the init.sqf script as well?

And when you say where _lifted is the vehicle, do you mean the vehicle name I have assigned it or what?

, but where exactly am I suppose to put the second code you gave me? On the init field of the vehicle or in the init.sqf script as well?

The second bit of code you need to run just as you want to start lifting the vehicle. Run it on the client machine, best to run it on the player piloting the lift helicopter.

But you'll need to manually makes the ropes and attach them using ropeCreate.

---------- Post added at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

IAnd when you say where _lifted is the vehicle, do you mean the vehicle name I have assigned it or what?

Yes. The name you gave it the vehicle you want to lift.

The second bit of code you need to run just as you want to start lifting the vehicle. Run it on the client machine, best to run it on the player piloting the lift helicopter.

But you'll need to manually makes the ropes and attach them using ropeCreate.

---------- Post added at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

Yes. The name you gave it the vehicle you want to lift.

You know how you are saying that I will have to manually make the rope and attach them using ropeCreate will I still be able to do that with an AI pilot? Because the ending part of my mission is where a CH-67 Huron is calling to pick up the truck while the player is just a soldier on the ground? I was hope that there would have been a way to make it so the AI piloting the Huron was able to automatically lift it if I would just bring it to a trigger or something.

I've been trying to get sling loading working for a while now and I think it might not be a problem on my side. I'm not fully sure but I believe sling loading does not work when the aircraft inherits from "class Plane". I've created a ticket to try and coax the devs into fixing this issue as I feel it could be holding back some cool possibilities.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21623

You know how you are saying that I will have to manually make the rope and attach them using ropeCreate will I still be able to do that with an AI pilot? Because the ending part of my mission is where a CH-67 Huron is calling to pick up the truck while the player is just a soldier on the ground? I was hope that there would have been a way to make it so the AI piloting the Huron was able to automatically lift it if I would just bring it to a trigger or something.

Ewww . AI pilots are bad. The theory is the same with the rope and the mass, but how the ai would cope with hovering in the way you'd need to get the rope on and how they would fly with the extra weight is unknown.

If you place sling loading memory points to model and in config of cargo, it will work even with AI (command menu, waypoints). In config it looks like this:

slingLoadCargoMemoryPoints[] =

{

SlingLoadCargo1

SlingLoadCargo2

SlingLoadCargo3

SlingLoadCargo4

};

Number of memory points coresponds with number of deployed ropes.

You still have to use setMass command to change the weight of cargo if it is heavier than heli limit (for Huron it is 10 tons).

If you place sling loading memory points to model and in config of cargo, it will work even with AI (command menu, waypoints). In config it looks like this:

slingLoadCargoMemoryPoints[] =

{

SlingLoadCargo1

SlingLoadCargo2

SlingLoadCargo3

SlingLoadCargo4

};

Number of memory points coresponds with number of deployed ropes.

You still have to use setMass command to change the weight of cargo if it is heavier than heli limit (for Huron it is 10 tons).

Which vehicles have those memory points?

Which vehicles have those memory points?

Quadbike, UAV (Ababil, Greyhawk), UGV, rubber boats, armed boats, SDV, CSAT and IND planes, MRAPs, offroad, SUV, hatchback, kart, van - almost everything which is lighter than 12 tons.