aluc4rd

Sling Loading Feedback

attachTo isnt working :( When i attach a ammo box to hunter for example, the rope just stretches and breaks.

I don't understand why you guys are trying to carry the MRAPs now - we'll have the heavy lift choppers soon enough and all will be solved?

If you want to carry an ammo crate, place it in editor, and place a helicopter as well. Than name the Helicopter heli1, name the crate cargo1. Than i thinkt he script is something like...

ropecreate heli1[#,#,#]cargo1,[#,#,#]Length of rope

Can't quite remember right now. Anyhow, excited for the new heli's this week, hopefully Tuesday or later today.

The command is ropename = ropecreate [heli1,[0,0,0],cargo1,[0,0,0],10] for example.

But you should attach the MRAP to a sling loadable object, not the other way around.

The command is ropename = ropecreate [heli1,[0,0,0],cargo1,[0,0,0],10] for example.

But you should attach the MRAP to a sling loadable object, not the other way around.

Ahh thanks guys.

Are the Helis really being released PRE DLC? I thought it was NOV 1st?

---------- Post added at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

I don't understand why you guys are trying to carry the MRAPs now - we'll have the heavy lift choppers soon enough and all will be solved?

Impatient and i want to play now with this feature :)

Ahh thanks guys.

Are the Helis really being released PRE DLC? I thought it was NOV 1st?

---------- Post added at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Impatient and i want to play now with this feature :)

Haha yeah I understand.

Well, as with the features, I think we might be able to expect a brief appearance of the DLC helos before Release just so that they can make sure they've ironed out all the bugs.

Well in that case, don't lower the weight of the MRAP's. Just use the Kajman. It works, but you'll have to fight with the center of mass a bit.

The commands have finally been updated by BIS on wiki as of last night.

I gave up with this however. The create rope worked but then snapped because of the weight of the vehicles. I guess i'll have to wait for further dev and/or the new Helis. Wondering how long it might take for the modding community to update their addons for this :)

Has anyone had any luck using the Lift Cargo Waypoint?

The chopper lowers as if it's about to attach the car at that point I use a radio command to attach it.

The chopper rises into the air but does not continue to the next waypoints.

Also if I place a hint in the on act of the Lift Cargo WP it never activates.

Has anyone had any luck using the Lift Cargo Waypoint?

The chopper lowers as if it's about to attach the car at that point I use a radio command to attach it.

The chopper rises into the air but does not continue to the next waypoints.

Also if I place a hint in the on act of the Lift Cargo WP it never activates.

Heli will lift only cargo which is able to lift - so for example if you place Lift Cargo waypoint on Hummingbird and Hunter, heli won't be able to lift the car. I'll try to check the issue with hints.

By the looks of this thread the new ropes will only lift a limited amount of vehicles...that's dissapointing guess I'll be stuck with my attachto commands for airlifting bigger vehicles. :(

By the looks of this thread the new ropes will only lift a limited amount of vehicles...that's dissapointing guess I'll be stuck with my attachto commands for airlifting bigger vehicles. :(

Well, i wouldn't mind not being able to life full blown Tanks and certain APC's with the Helicopters we have, as it would be realistic, and i'd rather have a limatation as so i don't have to deal with some guy flying at me with someone under slung in a T-100 lighting me up with the main cannon. Though, attachto would be fine in terms of loading up into a Large fixed wing craft, but plain silly to attach to a heli that realistically cannot carry it. But that's just me.

Also, still patiently waiting for more rope commands, such as setting elasticity, and defining a point on a set rope, rope length being 20, and being able to select a point on that rope from say, starting point, to the end of that rope.

Well, i wouldn't mind not being able to life full blown Tanks and certain APC's with the Helicopters we have, as it would be realistic, and i'd rather have a limatation as so i don't have to deal with some guy flying at me with someone under slung in a T-100 lighting me up with the main cannon. Though, attachto would be fine in terms of loading up into a Large fixed wing craft, but plain silly to attach to a heli that realistically cannot carry it. But that's just me.

Also, still patiently waiting for more rope commands, such as setting elasticity, and defining a point on a set rope, rope length being 20, and being able to select a point on that rope from say, starting point, to the end of that rope.

Well a Chinook can lift jets

http://media.defenceindustrydaily.com/images/AIR_CH-47_Dutch_Carrying_F-16_lg.jpg

and also a chinook can lift a chinook....

http://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.144265.1306055707!/image/3786706291.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_804/3786706291.jpg

so i say make APC lifting at least possible for only heavylifts like Chinook and Taru and Mohawk

Edit: But maybe find a way to lock the main gun so it cant move

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

Like the new sling load assistant (as well as the new icons in upper left) but is anyone else having the crosshar missaligned from the circles? I'm still running at "old school" 4:3 ratio so maybe it's that ;)

PS: This was on yesterdays build since I haven't had a chance to test todays build.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Lifting a jet isn't much of a problem, where as jets can be emptied of fuel and weapons for lift. This alone makes an aircraft drastically lighter than a ready to fly jet. Tanks/APC's for the most part is a different story. However, something like the Marid, Gorgon, are acceptable lift able exceptions in my opinion. I may be utterly wrong, and they way a shit ton, but i'm not an expert.

Well, the Patria AMV which is the real life counterpart of the ingame Marshall weights 16,000 to 27,000 kg depending on configuration. An empty F-16 Block 50 is "just" 8,570 kg.

CH-47 can take up to 12,700 kg of cargo, but sling loading might be much less.

Edit: Found a number for sling loading capacity. 26,000lb which is about 11,800kg. http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/allhazardresponse/Aviation_Mgmt/documents/Helo_FixedWing_Capabiliites.pdf

Edited by Brisse

I apologize in advance if this has already been suggested, but having the sling loader assistant map be oriented according to the direction of the helicopter instead of north would be useful. It's easier to understand how to adjust your hover if the nose/direction of the helicopter is dictating the orientation of the assistant map.

Thank you BIS for an awesome addition to the game! My brother and I have REALLY been enjoying doing nothing but airlifting equipment and troops over the past few weeks, and getting the new heavy lift choppers is only going to increase that fun!

The slingload capacity is just the weight the hook is rated to carry. The aircraft may or may not be able to carry that much. I'm not a hooker, so I couldn't tell you exactly how much one could carry.

b00ce, in this case the cargo capacity rating (12,700kg) is higher than the sling loading rating (11,800kg). If there is no internal cargo, then it should be able to lift off with the max rated sling loading capacity, right?

If carrying internal cargo it would be different though. Let's say there's 2,700kg onboard cargo. Then there only 10,000kg of cargo capacity left which is less than the sling loading capacity. That would limit the sling loading capacity from 11,800 to 10,000kg I guess.

Agreed. I appreciate and understand the concerns of some when they say it's neither realistic or authentic to have a helicopter lifting an MBT, mission makers should be given the choice in script to do this if we want.

We are a broad church - I hope even the stitch counters will accept that some of us could would really like this.

Have you made a feedback ticket on this subject?

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Also, has anyone tested to see how AI pilots get on with attaching and detaching slung loads?

Agreed. I appreciate and understand the concerns of some when they say it's neither realistic or authentic to have a helicopter lifting an MBT, mission makers should be given the choice in script to do this if we want.

We are a broad church - I hope even the stitch counters will accept that some of us could would really like this.

Have you made a feedback ticket on this subject?

I can imagine the minds of devs when they're battling these kind of situations :p

Realistic: Need to script ways to lift bigger things.

All lifting way: Need to script ways to restrict lifting bigger things.

I'd hate to be the guy to go against realism, but there's a lot of cases (especially in the gamemodes like Domination and Invade and Annex) in which the player, taking a ground vehicle, would arrive too late to assist at all in taking an objective (Example: As a former NATOJO Crewman, i always am in a Marshall or a Slammer. by the time i reach half the AOs, even if moving there as soon as the objective is given, i'd arrive right as the objective ended). It'd be beneficial to make it possible just burden the heli more.

I'd hate to be the guy to go against realism, but there's a lot of cases (especially in the gamemodes like Domination and Invade and Annex) in which the player, taking a ground vehicle, would arrive too late to assist at all in taking an objective (Example: As a former NATOJO Crewman, i always am in a Marshall or a Slammer. by the time i reach half the AOs, even if moving there as soon as the objective is given, i'd arrive right as the objective ended). It'd be beneficial to make it possible just burden the heli more.

Then this should be made by a mod and not the vanilla game!

Is it a hard coded restriction that means you can't lift some objects or is it just a question of mass? I think the ideal would be you can attach the ropes to anything, including an MBT but when you attempt to lift you're obviously not going anywhere. I think I saw mention of an onSlingLoaded event handler, using that you could use setMass to set the object to just below the maximum load of the helicopter (meaning that it still feels like you're carrying a weight) and there you go, problem kind of solved. That seems like the best compromise to me anyway meaning that the mission maker can enable or disable that behaviour.

Then this should be made by a mod and not the vanilla game!

Why? Because you don't agree?