aluc4rd

Sling Loading Feedback

I've recorded and uploaded some videos of Sling Load Feature:

I'm impressed. This turned out to be better than the expectations.

On sling load assistant screen you should see only cargo which can your helicopter lift - it's marked with white squares. Too heavy cargo isn't shown at all.

I figured that out soon enough. I absolutely love it. This far exceeded my expectations in terms of usability, and implementation. Bravo.

One question though, what about the possibilities of lifting/Sling Loading wrecks? Would that be considered? For example, a Hunter goes down, and all that's left is it's wreck, would the possibility of lifting that wreck back to a location be considered?

Also, if anyone want's, i'm in the Annex server on Dev, gonna see if this works on Multiplayer smoothly.

So just dropped a supply crate into the back of a truck and lifted it. Too bad it fell out and flipped the truck :D

EDIT: OK you can lift a vehicle with crates. http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/537374389723361366/A65C8A413209A4166F539B53BC1F6A78D9C6CE0A/

But any sharp turns and say goodbye to the ammo

Edited by Slatts

Usability - is sling loading understandable enough? Yes but it is not easy to guess that the white squares on the load assistant screen are the vehicles you can lift.

Maybe the "hook" option in the mouse wheel menu should turn red when the vehicle under is too heavy and if you hit "hook", you should get an error message "this vehicle is too heavy" or something like that.

Difficulty - Ok for me

Multiplayer - no issues so far

Really great work on this, appears to be a solid implementation.

I actually like that it's hard coded to a key bind as opposed to being activated through the action menu.

Might I suggest:

The addition of a 'MAX WEIGHT' notification to the Sling load Assistant GUI, indicating each helicopters max lift capability.

EDIT: Sometimes if there are multiple 'lift capable' objects right next to each other, it's a gamble as to which one you are going to latch on to. Some clarity here would help; possibly changing the colour of the icon on the Sling Assistant GUI to a GREEN to highlight which object you are due to lift or something?

E

Edited by Electricleash

In multiplayer, the rope of another person loading, is invisible. Can this be fixed? I see a a quad bike following a ghost hawk, but no rope in between.

is it possible start a mission with the weight already attached to helicopter?

i think that is less boring with a divers insert mission for example

don't work with static stuff

so meh, no UGV. Let's hope there'll be a chopper in the Helo DLC that can do it.

Need a Chinook. 13 tons sling load capacity

BIS Devs, could you make it possible for mission devs to alter the max weights aircraft can sling load?

_this.

EDIT: Sometimes if there are multiple 'lift capable' objects right next to each other, it's a gamble as to which one you are going to latch on to. Some clarity here would help; possibly changing the colour of the icon on the Sling Assistant GUI to a GREEN to highlight which object you are due to lift or something?

Second this, not sure how hard it would be to do, but a simple change of colour would make it so much easier. Even more so in 1st person view only.

I'm running a Zeus AAF on Altis if anyone wants to join. I'll add bunch of heli's and vehicles.

Server name? And is sign check on?

Ok so I've messed with this for a bit and over all i love it it works great, Well done.

As for improvements.

I think it has been said enough that sling load waight is hard to figure.

Personally allowing the player to hook anything and when the player is trying to lift the vehicle with not move if over the limit and maybe a HMD over weight message with display, and maybe a warning on the UI.

The Loading assist would probably do better with a camera view point like the UAV with a overlay marking center and hight, (cross and circle maybe) turning green when the axis is ok.

I hope this improves massively and can sprout into more stuff (fast ropes and towing :D)

Edit: Large Issue Cables don't seem to collide with stuff, I can fly over a hanger with my cargo going though the hanger.

Edited by john681611

Anyone figured out how the slingLoadCargo command works yet? :cool:

The game crashes when you drop off a SDV at 200km/h directly into the water (only for the host).

Edited by Carbon

When the lifted object blow up the heli blow up too. Is it normal or it is a bug?

The targeted (closest) cargo is already circled:

NzP6zVw.jpg

A splendid coastal deployment: http://gfycat.com/OddballAlertJohndory :D

When the lifted object blow up the heli blow up too. Is it normal or it is a bug?

It seems "normal"; exploding vehicles are dangerous in Arma.

Ok, so another confirmed glitch, is only the host of server can lift objects. Anyone else attempting to lift an object is un able to. The roeps hook apparently, but the vehicle on ground will not move, the ropes snap when lifting. Also the ropes are not visible for other players.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Server name? And is sign check on?

It's a dedicated server.

Tested in MP dev brach no mods.Worked as should have.There was exchange in pilot/driver (I was carrying

quadbike with host in it, and I was a rider of quadbike while host piloted heli) so it works as intended here.

I would like to emphasize again that sling loading in MP should contain freely floating rope with option of

players on ground to attach it on vehicle.It should be much more satisfying

Edited by enex

It's not granted that the heli explodes too, I smashed an ATV into a hospital at some 200km/h, sure enough the ATV stopped right there and exploded as I flew into the sunset unharmed.

Loving it so far. WOuld be great to customize what it can load in the future. I'm trying to test lifting a military device (bomb?) and it wont work on the mohawk.

Will this work for towing vehicles too, potentially? Armor vehicle recovery and stuff like that would be nice too have.