lato1982

[SP Campaign] Hunter Six: Special Operations Unit

@Gerhart

I've heard literally once about a similar situation with the base explosion, but I have no idea what can cause this. Probably a helicopter damage, it goes off and triggers the other ones.

As for the video, it would be really great to watch you playthrough, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

Also thanks for the tip with the messages. It might be a bit frustrating when you know how skill up works, but I think it's a valuable information at start, so everyone knows, each kill equals gaining a skill point.

Just a thought: How about having an update, say every 10 mins of game-time that informs you that X character has attained X skill points in the last 10 minutes, thus removing the immediate notification and reducing the number of messages over all.

Just dePBOed mission and quickly added Civilian Occupation System script (posted link before) and played a little, no issues so far and it populated towns very nicely. Looks like live world now.

Used default settings except:

blackListTowns = []

showTownLabel = false

COScars=false;// Spawn Cars

COSparked=false;// Spawn parked cars

Just generate pedestrians as cars and parked cars will break your mission design. Some tweaking maybe required and Hello handler needs to be populated. Also maybe handler if you kill pedestrians your reputation go down with each kill.

Definitely worth of try I think. Just thinking "aloud"... :)

Cool, but I can't use this stuff anyway right now. Also, it's a bit strange that you can only interview the civilians in blue circles, while all the other are speechless. The story is designed, that not many civis are still left on Altis, as many have abandoned their homes.

Anyways I still understand that having more civilians, just walking around, making the background is also cool ;)

Ahh its restriction of that Contest? so you cant use scripts from other ppl?

Well you can handle get info from generated civs in their Hello handler. Yeah you are right, I will try tune down number of generated civs and make code so no civs are enerated during night time. At least I have something to play with :)

I progressed in misson so I found weapon cache and got intel on Anti-Aircraft position. Need go back to base to resupply and plan another progress. Man, how I loved Manhattan and how I love this mission...

Edited by ataribaby

Yup its fun fun fun if someone make this wonderful framework to play with in editor :) Thanks a lot. I will try reduce civs to some small numbers and also try blackout street lamps in red perimeter. It makes sense to me.

I'm having great fun doing this, next mission is to make a house call (who needs a doorbell when you've got frag grenades :D). A couple of things though.

1. This is a handy bit of code to be placed in the debug console (this is as a user, not aimed at you Lato) which shows you how fatigued your group is, values are from 0-1 so if you see 0.8, take a break.

[] spawn {{_x groupChat format ["%1",getFatigue _x];} forEach units group player};

2. At times it feels like I'm the only active unit on Altis, it would be cool if there was a bit more life, e.g. every now and then a supply convoy goes from the airbase to FOB Spartan or if other helicopters flew around between the bases randomly.

3. After a while it seems that there is a bug with the virtual crate that is accessed when you click rearm on the squad selection menu. It was working fine but I find myself unable to move any items, when using a real world crate it is fine. This is mostly a problem as it means all the magazines, FAKs etc. aren't selectable. I can work around that with the debug console and adding magazines to the other crate but that feels a bit weird.

4. Another general tip for people, since Steam updating the game will make your saves incompatible I think I've found a method that will prevent it updating, namely allow auto-updating only during hours that you can guarantee your computer will be off for (so between 1 and 2 in the morning for me) and then use Play With Six to launch the game. It's not ideal but might work.

Part from those things (2 of which are inbuilt ARMA things anyway) this is a really great mission that I've sunk more than a couple of hours into already. I also marvel at the connection you feel, I was genuinely pissed off when my blackfoot was shot down but quite helpless as it was over a kilometre away and there were only two of us. When I reached the site I had to eliminate a couple of enemies to get to the site and when I rounded the wreck I saw an impressive sight. The pilots had clearly survived and made a last stand, one lay by the side of his aircraft and the other 10 feet away. Approximately 10 enemy lay dead around them, some only feet from their bodies.

This is really awesome! Nice job. Keep up the good work. I can see me playing this tonight :o

Hello great mission ,but for some reason my unit is NOT following commands....like they will not regroup,move in a convoy,or follow me.Just letting you know...oh and how do i revert back to my orignal mission i keep restarting the whole mission cause it says it cant find the FILE?

I got a good feeling about this... :) Seriously, seems very ambitious and fun!

I cannot load a saved mission though. The mission is installed and run locally, not via Workshop. I get an error message "Missing addons detected: cabuildings, utes" as the resume fails, don't know if it's on you but I can't see why it should complain about Utes as I do not even have AiA Islands or anything in my modset (which uses ASR AI, Midrange terrain textures, CBA, ST_mods, and VTS Weapon resting)

Edit: scratch that - when I added AiA Islands it resumed well enough, so it somehow must have been included against my better knowledge (I blame PWS interface... :)

Sorry for being stupid!!

Edited by tvamvarg

I get the problem, that i cant start the Squad select. pick up etc.

At the very beginning? You need to walk into the circle of guys and press 0-0-1, click on their names and press Join, make sure you're clicking on their names rather than anything further along the row.

EDIT: Also I've occasionally had a problem where resting AI team mates wander off somewhere. The furthest anyone got is Gravia but it means using MCC to locate them and then go fetch them. The only mod that could affect that is MCC I guess but I've never seen it break anything before,

Edited by Jona33

This may be a stupid question, but how do you stop the mission from updating automatically?

This may be a stupid question, but how do you stop the mission from updating automatically?

See here

Maybe you should add that to first post Lato?

And I must revise my earlier statement about the potential - this IS a freaking great way to play Arma for SP! Hat off!

One question; I was unable to rearm my Hunter, I saw that it was on a to-do list? But isn't the rearm thing standard stuff in Arma? Or is it because Zamak Ammo is not compatible with Hunter, but it had to be a HEMMT?

@tvamvarg

Thanks!

@lato1982

Thank you. The last time i tried to get it from there, it sent me to the steam workshop, so thank you! Absolutely love your campaign!

Just tried this for the first time, very cool mission. Didn't play for very long though before it was nighttime so decided to rest me and the rest of the team. But how do I tell my team to rest? I can rest myself no problem. Do they rest at the same time? I tried making them enter the Rest housing unit but did not seem to work ....

And I found out that there is no option to "pick us up at current location". In stead, you have to first command the heli to show up. Then board it and then tell it where you need to go, hehe, took me a few tries. And there was the Arma feature, where it hovers above us, and does not touch down until you ask your men to Get In

But got in my first fight, where they had some heavy weaponry, mortars or perhaps just GLs. Took out our HMG while I was instructed to arrest some guy who had papers. Really hairy and very entertaining!

-OP

@Old_Painless, to get your team to rest press 0-0-1 to bring up the list of men again. From there select the members you have with you and from there you should see a button named "rest". That will make them leave your current squad but that's what you want. After that go and rest and/or save for 8 hours. After you rest in the building you can then have those men rejoin your squad.

Thanks!

To make the guys rest, open the squad selection window, and press the "REST" button, where you previously clicked "JOIN". They will have a free time to chill until next day.

EDIT:

Gerhart was faster ;)

Okay thanks I'll try that tonight. Feeling sleepy already!

-OP

Hey guys,

Small update tonight to 1.04:

FIXED:

- Base AI freezes after load game

- few small fixes

ADDED:

- AID truck has been painted white

- Lights added to Olympus Base and all FOB's

- Helicopter GPS markers

for now only on Steam Workshop, later this week also on Armaholic.

Hey Lato,

Cool mission! I played through it for a couple hours and I have a couple points of feedback/questions:

-The humanitarian aid vehicle - which vehicle is it? It's not very clear. I took the civilian off-road truck but that wasn't the correct vehicle. Perhaps some clarification in-mission as to exactly which vehicle it is(or if it's already clarified in-game tell me that I'm a moron and where to look).

-Intel - I gathered enough intel to discover that the rebel leader was somewhere near Panachori(far outside the conflict zone) and I went to Panachori and searched for around an hour. I searched all the way from the northern hills down to the coast before giving up. Do I have to gather more intel to get a more specific location kind of like in insurgency where the more briefcases you pick up the closer you get to the cache location? I don't know if you already do this, but maybe a vehicle or two outside with some defenses or a patrol defending the guy? I never found him so I don't actually know if he's in a building by himself hiding or you already have something like this in place, and I just didn't see it.

Overall the mission is really cool. I absolutely LOVE the transport system. It's MUCH better and intuitive than a lot that I've seen in ArmA in the past, and the helo actually lands near to where you tell him to land, even if he's under fire!

edit: I see in your above post that you already took care of the aid truck issue with your update 2 days ago!

Hey,

Thanks again for uploading the video:

Great work and it was very fun to watch. I have few tips though, if you decide to carry on with the scenario:

As you have noticed in the latest updated the humanitarian truck with a white texture and it is in FOB SPARTAN. The task marker points the exact location, but somehow everyone is missing that ;)

I also noticed you went easy on the first interrogations, that's why you didn't get any proper Intel at first, but the reputation you gained, helped you and you were able to do some special interrogations.

The first tip about the location of the rebel leader is very imprecise, so you can search the big area, or get some more precise Intel about the location.

Don't forget to search the bodies. If O'Connor is in squad he will help you locate all the bodies ;) as all operators have some special perks, mentioned under their photos.

I saw you got some rest, but you also need to let the teammates rest, because their stats drops when they are tired. I think you also missed the Personal Data screen where you have some biographies about the operators etc. Just some extra stuff.

Anyway, thanks again for the video! It was very cool to watch, I also think the mod combination worked really well together!

Hi Lato, would it be possible to state something in-game of what intel you get if you get, say, 20 intel points. Is that good? For instance, do you need 100 intel points to get some useful intel on the location of someone? If something materialises, perhaps enter something new in the text in the mission description (map menu) .

Thanks for a great mission

OP