Sign in to follow this  
tansvanio

Insignia configuration, how?

Greetings everyone! So I am having some trouble adding an insignia to the configuration of a unit and I wonder if anyone over here might be able to help me, so to the point.

According to the wiki, you can define an insignia class like this:

class CfgUnitInsignia
{
class 111thID
{
	displayName = "111th Infantry Division"; // Name displayed in Arsenal
	author = "Bohemia Interactive"; // Author displayed in Arsenal
	texture = "\a3\UI_F_Bootcamp\Data\CfgUnitInsignia\B_111thID_texture_ca.paa"; // Image path
	textureVehicle = ""; // Does nothing currently, reserved for future use
};
};

Wich I did the correct way. Now, you can use the script via sqf script like this:

[[ player, "111thID"], "BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia", nil, true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Wich I did, and it allowed me to test that my insignia was working properly.

Now thing is, how do I add an insignia to a unit on the configuration file? Not using a sqf script at all?

I suspect it might be a hiddenSelection of the uniform, but I really have no idea. Can anyone help me with this?

I thank you all, for your time.

Greetings everyone! So I am having some trouble adding an insignia to the configuration of a unit and I wonder if anyone over here might be able to help me, so to the point.

According to the wiki, you can define an insignia class like this:

class CfgUnitInsignia
{
class 111thID
{
	displayName = "111th Infantry Division"; // Name displayed in Arsenal
	author = "Bohemia Interactive"; // Author displayed in Arsenal
	texture = "\a3\UI_F_Bootcamp\Data\CfgUnitInsignia\B_111thID_texture_ca.paa"; // Image path
	textureVehicle = ""; // Does nothing currently, reserved for future use
};
};

Wich I did the correct way. Now, you can use the script via sqf script like this:

[[ player, "111thID"], "BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia", nil, true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Wich I did, and it allowed me to test that my insignia was working properly.

Now thing is, how do I add an insignia to a unit on the configuration file? Not using a sqf script at all?

I suspect it might be a hiddenSelection of the uniform, but I really have no idea. Can anyone help me with this?

I thank you all, for your time.

Did you try it :

hiddenSelections[] = {"Insignia"};
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\a3\UI_F_Bootcamp\Data\CfgUnitInsignia\B_111thID_texture_ca.paa"};

?

I think I already seen something like that in a config but can't say where exactly.

Edit :

Found it in "characters_f_bootcamp" but there si no path for the insignia.

class I_G_Soldier_LAT_F: I_G_Soldier_base_F {
	model = "\A3\Characters_F_Bootcamp\Guerrilla\ig_guerrilla_6_1.p3d";
	uniformClass = "U_IG_Guerrilla_6_1";
	hiddenSelections = {"camo", "insignia"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures = {"\A3\Characters_F_Bootcamp\Guerrilla\Data\ig_guerrilla_6_1_co.paa"};
	headgearProbability = 100;
	allowedHeadgear = {"H_Bandanna_gry", "H_Bandanna_blu", "H_Bandanna_cbr", "H_Bandanna_khk_hs", "H_Bandanna_khk", "H_Bandanna_sgg", "H_Bandanna_sand", "H_Bandanna_surfer", "H_Bandanna_surfer_blk", "H_Bandanna_surfer_grn", "H_Bandanna_camo", "H_Watchcap_blk", "H_Watchcap_cbr", "H_Watchcap_camo", "H_Watchcap_khk", "H_Booniehat_khk_hs", "H_Booniehat_khk", "H_Booniehat_oli", "H_Booniehat_tan", "H_Booniehat_dgtl", "H_Cap_blk", "H_Cap_grn", "H_Cap_oli", "H_Cap_oli_hs", "H_Cap_tan", "H_Cap_blk_Raven", "H_Shemag_olive", "H_Shemag_olive_hs", "H_ShemagOpen_tan", "H_ShemagOpen_khk"};
};

So, I tried to add one by myself but I didn't find insignia's .paa pictures in the game files. Does Anyone know where they are ?

That path seems to be wrong :

"\a3\UI_F_Bootcamp\Data\CfgUnitInsignia\B_111thID_texture_ca.paa"

Source