Sign in to follow this  
Raytesh

Creating Custom Faction Config

Hello guys,

I'm pretty new to the whole config thing but I am trying to create a custom faction out of a few mod packs(SP and US PACK) for use on my server. For the most part I have figured out how to configure the units to wear custom uniforms and use custom weapons custom gear etc... My goal now is to figure out a way to create custom armor, mechanized, motorized, and aerial groups, using a few different mods that are out there all under the same faction name. Main reason is I do not want have to hunt through MCC/Zues to spawn units and groups. There are so many great mods out there but no unifying way to tie them all together to make a US ARMY faction. Some are under this faction and some are under that faction.

So that is the main goal to spawn units under the same faction driving MRAPs and HMMWVs, that my infantry units do, so i don't have to keep switching factions in MCC to find what I'm looking for. (Also helps to create groups that currently do not exist in the editors and sometimes groups that you can not physically do mid mission. *Special forces soldiers using MRAPs to extract friendly forces.**Special forces soldiers getting dropped off by UH60.* Things like that groups that don't actually exist.) (Another goal is to create custom enemy units the same way with specific armor. A lot like Drongo's Middle Eastern Conflict pack.)

So that's my predicament and any help you guys can provide would be great. Bonus would be if anyone could help me understand clearly what all I'm actually looking at when I'm editing configs and how far can I push the boundaries of the configs.

Thanks in advance guys!

Edit- More descriptive title.

Thanks this is a step in the right direction. I will PM you a little later with some kind of idea of what I'm doing.