cifordayzserver

[Tutorial] Introduction to Modding in Arma Video/Text Tutorial Series

10 minutes ago, Savage_Donkey said:

I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject, but I guess you could.  But how would you know they were in that location without opening the file?

Not quite sure, hence why I am asking :D

Someone mentioned being able to see values like those in an editor of some sort.

You can use the config editor to view the configs.

Open the eden editor, go to the tools tab, and the config editor should be in there.  From that, you can look up the config files of anything, and that's how you'd find that, probably.  You could try referencing the location and see if that works, I can't think of why it wouldn't.

anyway, /offtopic

21 hours ago, Savage_Donkey said:

You can use the config editor to view the configs.

Open the eden editor, go to the tools tab, and the config editor should be in there.  From that, you can look up the config files of anything, and that's how you'd find that, probably.  You could try referencing the location and see if that works, I can't think of why it wouldn't.

anyway, /offtopic

Thanks! I'll give that a shot, and if it works I'll let you know. I appreciate the help :3

Unfortunately I'm not having much luck trying to use the Apex asset path, when I try to pack the config.cpp into a pbo using pboProject it just gives me "missing file(s)" and then reference the Apex content, any ideas?

Sorry for the late reply. If the unit has hidden selections (most likely does) you can just make a "config mod" where you just have a different unit defined. You create a "new" unit by copy/pasting the config you want, then modify the bits you want, and change the unit name, this is also how you make the unit independent for use in MP by anyone as a "skin".

Packing that config mod with MIkero's tools might give you problems, but you should be able to pack it with the BI tools fine, OR if it does then you can create "dummy" files although that gets a bit more complicated.

Hi,

I know this dates, but for some reason when I try to register on OFPEC to get a tag, it says registering isn't allowed. 4e5235f29ba45666a1b9995902012e8d.png
https://gyazo.com/4e5235f29ba45666a1b9995902012e8d

What can I do for this? Should I use the tag I was looking for (checked, it isn't used as of now) while do personal tests with the software? Ultimately, what is the solution here?

Thanks

Since you've fixed links within the past year (i.e.: keeping the thread relevant), this is a friendly reminder that Mikero's Tools have a new host at Maverick Applications.

• Like 1

That's my point, main problem is to find something somewhere, i wanted spectator locations, so i can quickly switch between places and observer action and effects. But there was no info on official arma 3 wiki. So i found out command  how to do it finally, but there were so many paramaters to fil in, but no description whatsoever. Even searching commands when i wanted to do other stuff, gave little to no description and nothing useful about what i needed.  SDK's usually have little documentation and no support. So all work and tutorials is thanks to community modders. Arma 3 at least has forums, but still you can ask about everything everytime. Or you get error google doesn't even find word about it... Maybe if you have like 2kwpm and super memory you can figure it out, but same main problem is find information, it is just google fest, i tried multiple keywords and very often find almost nothing, or it doesn't even work. Like where i am supposed to find it... And if you learn like everything you can get  your hands on than there is small chance you will learn how to do what you want to do eventually, but still, it kinda sucks. It is better to go learn c++ or something it at least has material to learn from and well documented. Still modding is kinda pointless, if you don't gonna do it in team, because it takes from weeks to months and than after couple minutes fun is over, or hours in case of big project and still many mods are crappy...