Marve_XT

The Iraqi Warfare Mod [Alpha]

Been enjoying playing with these on our public as Zeus. I have noticed that the insurgents faction is very poorly armed i.e. they have 1 mag each ? That can't be right surely

SJ

Been enjoying playing with these on our public as Zeus. I have noticed that the insurgents faction is very poorly armed i.e. they have 1 mag each ? That can't be right surely

SJ

I've noted same thing. They don't have enough ammo, granades, smoke granades, nothing.

Not Tow, it's a Chinese copy, has a different flight profile and Internals as far as I can tell.. Looks similar but not.

You are talking about HJ-8,that's the PLA's static AT.HJ stands for Hong Jian,which means RED ARROW in Chinese.

Looks great. I can't figure out though how to play it.

It's enabled, but can't see an option to play it. Also, I tried hosting it over the internet and installed the *.pbo files into Arma 3 MPmissions folder but I can't see it when creating new multiplayer game. Where to find help to play this mod?

I'm new to Arma 3, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Thank you

Any news on this? The Vote to make it based on RHS seems to be pretty clear.

While the IS infantry is poorly equipped when it comes to ammo, I noticed that their Offroad cars have a lot of ammo and other things in their cargo. They usually have magazines, grenades, weapons and most of all a static titan and a mortar. This can cause some balance issues when players realize this and start using those statics.

hi everyone thx for your feedback & support , it really means a lot :)

i am very sorry though to announce that the whole project is gonna be halted for unknown date due to "traveling" outside the country millions of KMs far away from my PC & my Arma3 raw data .

best regards :)

Why are the extra configs not included in 3.0? And their no where to be found on the first post or anywhere else either.

hello, i really like your mod but i would like to use the iraqi or kurdish forces together with the tpw skirmish mod ,but the unit strings i found didnt work.could you tell me the right ones? Tpw is a mod who spawns enemys or reinforcement troops in the whole map. sorry for my very bad english. :)

didnt work:

"iraqi"

"Marv_IR"

"marv_ir"

thanks. i hope you can understand me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2937641/ISIS-fighters-distributing-video-game-allows-players-play-role-Islamist-kill-Westerners.html

http://www.vocativ.com/world/isis-2/isis-video-games/

hi everyone thx for your feedback & support , it really means a lot :)

i am very sorry though to announce that the whole project is gonna be halted for unknown date due to "traveling" outside the country millions of KMs far away from my PC & my Arma3 raw data .

best regards :)

with the whole " im traveling millions of KMs from my home " and now this article, your definitely raising a few questions about this mod... on the other hand you can probably sue them for defamation :)

Edited by ryanbeckey0

Hello everyone,

At the beginning I would like to thank everyone who have contacted me regarding what the news reporters such as DailyMail , Le Monde have wrote about the Iraqi warfare mod .

Now .. any member of the Arma's community who have read those reports -specially the Dailymail report -can simply see the huge misunderstood the writers of the articles have had, the French press "Le Monde" have even went further harassing , naming & shaming & whats even worse "Accusation of Terrorism" towards me , according to google's English Translated version of there French website , the "Le Monde" writer believes that he have uncovered a great mystery when he searched my posts for the past months , while all it actually takes is a few clicks on my "public" profile to find out simply that none of them were promoting or encouraging terrorism in anyway !

the news reporters claim that my mod is being used currently in promoting terrorism & of course something like that is not permitted nor welcomed neither by me or any of the great community of Arma 3 (who btw I would like to thank for speaking in behalf of me during my absence in the dailymail page )& its not & 'll never be my intention to support terrorism in anyhow .

I haven’t hijacked the game as the"Dailymail" claims , nor released it & escaped away as the "Le Monde" claims , I have released this mod months ago & kept updating it since then with the permission of the Community Moderators of Bohemia Interactive all the time .

We Arma fans know that Arma 3 is a Mil-sim game & even it's producer Bohemia Interactive had there share of legal troubles during developing the game , and they paid the cost of creativity higher then they expected when one of Bohemia Interactive team was arrested by greek authority .

I do not like to see neither myself nor any of Bohemia Interactive Team nor the great community members who have helped me developing this mod going through same problem again because of me or because of some Media misunderstood .

Therefore I Decided to Shut Down the whole Iraqi warfare mod completely & starting from today I'll not be responsible for anything related to this mod .

i sincerely ask the Community moderators of Bohemia Interactive to Remove the Mod Links as its suspected to be used in illegal activities like promoting hate & terrorism & I urge the other networks that publishing my Mod to follow the same .

My deep apologies to anyone who have misunderstood my intentions , as this mod was made ONLY for gaming purposes & to reach the maximum quality of details & simulation not to encourage or promote terrorism or hate in anyway .

A special apology for Bohemia Interactive Team for any disturbance My mod might have accidently brought to there name .

Again thx to the great community of Arma , I am currently busy in a new country with a new carrier , gaming is my passion & will always be , but till I settle in I might be far for a while , I was planning to Team up with Drongo & other modders to bring a bigger, better version of the Iraqi warfare mod , but seems that wont be possible anymore due to my travel & above all the claims of miss-use by the press .

it was a hard decision for me to shut all my hard efforts down , but I wont hesitate taking it when it comes to ppl's safety & security , which at the end matters the most .

best regards , stay safe .

Marve appreciate your post, and thank you for your work in the community but your a modder like many of the modders here, plus

your mod isn't the only mod with ISIS units in it. Maybe Drongo should stop working on his mod too because these ISIS crack sniffers may use his units too,

theres also Leights mod as well, and another mod I forget the name

for arma2CO that is nothing but IS.

Why these ISIS Fags chose yours among the many, personally I wouldn't stop because these guys are using yours, does that

mean you are supporting them, of course not.

Has anyone accused you? I doubt it, and realistically I dont think so, if you were in real life why would you even come to the forums here to release a mod publicly for the game,

makes no sense, so imo your innocent of anything anyone can come up with, just being here in this community especially with the moderators here that dont tolerate

crap, and anything illegal, ect,. should be enough for them to do something if there was anything of the sort even happening, if there was any intent of supporting or promoting

if you will support for the group, you probably would have been banned months ago.

Anyone in the world has access to what the community builds, so your mod, my mod, someone else's mod could be used by another terrorist group in Africa, or in Asia,

or in South America for all we know, just because these Jerry Fucks (excuse my lang) decided to use yours and get news on it, only gives these douche bags more attention.

I dont want to turn this into an ISIS thread as we already have one, but I'm just saying, stopping on the account of some other person or people because of their actions,

either here on the forum, some other website or even out in the world should not make you stop.

Not like someone is taking your mod and releasing it under their name, imo fuck them!

Dont feel guilty or obligated to prove yourself because of this news, big deal so their using your mod, for all I know my WarMods are being used for something.

I support the modders in the community, and I think you did a wonderful job with your work Marve, I hope you at least stay in the community and maybe create something

else that the community can enjoy!

While i respect your decision, all you're really doing is giving these idiots with their falls claims even more power by bowing down to them.

Yet another one bites the dust...

A special apology for Bohemia Interactive Team for any disturbance My mod might have accidently brought to there name .

I believe Daily Mail and Le Monde owe you an apologie - those newspapers deserve nothing but contempt for publishing such wild guesses and trying to pass them as actual "journalism".

It is truly frightening to see irresponsible people such as those "writters" with so much power in their hands, throwing terrible accusations for the sake of sensationalism...

Best of luck to you.

Marve_XT, sorry to see you leaving.

FYI, nowhere in the linked article of Le monde I see them accusing you of terrorism. You trusted too much google translate.

Marve_XT, sorry to see you leaving.

FYI, nowhere in the linked article of Le monde I see them accusing you of terrorism. You trusted too much google translate.

The end of the article (well, the whole thing, actually) does imply something - of course it is not explicitly written, everything is between the lines, but William Audureau & Madjid Zerrouky (Le Monde Reporters) do perpetuate doubts.

And on what basis? Mainly the fact that the author was missing for a few weeks...

Le Monde :

L'auteur ne condamne pas : et pour cause, depuis trois semaines, il a disparu de la circulation.

Wich is an easy (and cowardly) accusation.

Nobody asked Rockstar to step up when those GTA4 videos appeared (but of course they have better lawyers than you or I).

By the way, what are they waiting to update the article with Marve's reaction?

Edited by Pepe Hal

Marve_XT you ahve nothing to aplogise for, you have done nothing wrong.

All we want to do is play games and have fun, and the media are giving more power to the terrorists when people who are completely innocent are harrased for no reason.

thx to all of you guys ,

i really appreciate your feelings & opinions & i wont be laying if i said that i share most of it with you .

in a "perfect world" may be things would be different ,none of us would have to worry about lots of things.

but in this times , i do .

EA have stepped down when there money was in risk [link] .

to me i have far more then my money on risk , & i wont risk lifes (mine or others) for the sake of the mod .

i know that there is a lot of mods out there about isis & al Queda, & mine is not the first or gonna be the last , but since i was the "lucky" one to be picked by isis sympathizers ,then press wont rest till they blame someone .

even if i made a video trailer that have no single gun shot or death scene , i'll always be accused of promoting them , just like EA with taliban case, its the same situation , same words ... different times may be .

thx to all of you guys ,

i really appreciate your feelings & opinions & i wont be laying if i said that i share most of it with you .

in a "perfect world" may be things would be different ,none of us would have to worry about lots of things.

but in this times , i do .

EA have stepped down when there money was in risk [link] .

to me i have far more then my money on risk , & i wont risk lifes (mine or others) for the sake of the mod .

i know that there is a lot of mods out there about isis & al Queda, & mine is not the first or gonna be the last , but since i was the "lucky" one to be picked by isis sympathizers ,then press wont rest till they blame someone .

even if i made a video trailer that have no single gun shot or death scene , i'll always be accused of promoting them , just like EA with taliban case, its the same situation , same words ... different times may be .

I understand where you are coming from. I've been helping to make Middle East addons since OFP (the original) in 2001 and have done units such as Hamas and Hezbollah as opponents to our Israeli units. I would like to take over your mod, but I assume that you don't want it continued and I can respect that. I actually already had an ISIS mod for ArmA2 ready for release but decided to port it over to ArmA3 instead so I will continue making this along with a Kurdish forces pack (and eventually Iraqi forces). At the same time I'm also working on getting my Israeli units done as well. I have a background in counter-terrorism research (and I'm ex-U.S. Army) and know that the media articles against your mod are completely unfounded given that groups like ISIS could easily learn to make their own mods (they have a ton of savvy computer/multimedia experts) or use any number of generic Middle East insurgent addons for their purposes, not to mention any number of different games other than ArmA3. So I don't think your addons will get anyone killed any more likely then any other Middle East related FPS game or addon. So if you change your mind about letting my mod team continue your work, please let me know as it would be a shame for your hard work to go to waste. It would also save us a lot of time in development and I've already gotten threats and accusations before so I'm ok with taking that kind of heat.

Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers-Isaac & Ishmael- A Middle East Conflict Mod

• Like 1

- Does anyone know how to delete comments? I went off on a crazy rant I feel like I said some pretty bad stuff and as such removed it -