HorribleGoat

Lost Dragons - Total Modification Alpha

Improved entry animation for WK-209 gunner position. This version is good enough for testing it out in game to see how it works there and what needs to be improved.

• Like 9

damn dude! very nice animation. nice shifting of weight and stuff. and that mech. oh boy. i can't wait. the first person view gives me star citizen vibes.

keep it up!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bad benson said:

first person view gives me star citizen vibes

Yes mate  :)   But hopefully without having to pay $40 "pledge" for each mech!  ;)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, das attorney said:

Yes mate  :)   But hopefully without having to pay $40 "pledge" for each mech!  ;)

Oooh now that you mentioned not a bad Idea! Besides isn't $40 cheap compared to starcitizen ships! ;D

6 hours ago, bad benson said:

damn dude! very nice animation. nice shifting of weight and stuff. and that mech. oh boy. i can't wait. the first person view gives me star citizen vibes.

keep it up!

Thanks man! Coincidentally Youtube automagic did label that video as Star Citizen related and not Arma 3 as all our other videos! xD

• Like 4

Aaand ACTION! This time presenting you with a view on how the climb in animation looks in game!

Seems that the "get in/out" animations dont play as smoothly for some reason, but other than the little choppyness it is mighty fine step forward again!

Debug update:

I narrowed down the choppy animation to AI units that get in to a vehicle (the torso) that is attached to man class unit (the legs). So it unfortunately seems to be a engine thing.

• Like 8

May I ask what tool you use to make these fine animations?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

May I ask what tool you use to make these fine animations?

You may good sir and the answer is Blender. The previous demo video couple of post up is straight from blender 3D views!

• Like 2

Nice to see free stuff like Blender able to produce such good results (with the right people pressing the right buttons ofc)  :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, das attorney said:

Nice to see free stuff like Blender able to produce such good results (with the right people pressing the right buttons ofc)  :)

Blender is pretty powerful tool and some say in par with the commercial ones. Im just scratching the surface.

• Like 3

I narrowed down the choppy animation to AI units that get in to a vehicle (the torso) that is attached to man class unit (the legs). So it unfortunately seems to be a engine thing.

• Like 3

On 30.1.2017 at 3:38 PM, HorribleGoat said:

yea i had this issue in the early prototyping phase of enhanced movement. back then i used to attach teh unit to the object it climbed. looked real choppy in MP. i think the engine is updating the visuals of attached units less frequently for performance reasons or something.

i'm wondering though why you attach stuff. can't this be achieved with normal get in animations?

Just now, bad benson said:

yea i had this issue in the early prototyping phase of enhanced movement. back then i used to attach teh unit to the object it climbed. looked real choppy in MP. i think the engine is updating the visuals of attached units less frequently for performance reasons or something.

i'm wondering though why you attach stuff. can't this be achieved with normal get in animations?

Its normal get in animation, but the Torso is attached to the legs (2 separate units, a tank [torso] and a man [legs]) and when the tank class is attached to the man class the get in animation gets choppy.

I did try attaching a not man vehicle to another not man vehicle and there the animation played smoothly, so its only in this very special and hacky attachto situtation that the animation choppiness seems to apply. Also player animation played smoothly so its choppy only on AI.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HorribleGoat said:

Also player animation played smoothly so its choppy only on AI.

will most likely look choppy for others in MP though. it's too bad since attchto plus animations can be quite powerful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bad benson said:

will most likely look choppy for others in MP though. it's too bad since attchto plus animations can be quite powerful.

It is however minor cosmetic issue in my opinion and there are also possible workarounds like making a separate static leg model the torso is attached to when powered down. But I'll explore those if it becomes too bothersome.

• Like 3

Some more residential concepting. Single wall slot would house 12 comfortable sized housing units each with approximately 140m2 floorspace.

Built with modular components each house unit can be modified to suit the inhabitants tastes and needs.

House_WIP_02.png

• Like 11

Looks nice, but in terms of performance/complexity this looks very expensive - if you intent to deploy those in larger quantities.

39 minutes ago, x3kj said:

Looks nice, but in terms of performance/complexity this looks very expensive - if you intent to deploy those in larger quantities.

This is more like a semi high poly build version where I experiment with all the bits and fiddles to make sure theres room for everything and etc. From these we'll build a few different variants to use in game.

• Like 1

Improved layout for the house unit. 

This latest one we've given quite a bit of thought already to make it comfortable for the inhabitants and also to use the space efficiently. Some walls were moved around and rooms redistributed so that the left side has a big open space for a livingroom / dining space / kitchen, the 2 middle rooms at the top are for shower and wc and the rooms on the right are for bedrooms.

The middle room has some room for closets and such for storage and the front room has also special purpose as an airlock in case of gas emergency. The houses are located in quite close vicinity of all kinds of industrial facilities and citizens safety is a prime concern! ;D

House_WIP_04.png
http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-dragons/images/house-wip-04#mediaform

• Like 2

Nice attention to detail and "realism/plausability" of stuff!

Are you considering any single-room sub-compact layouts (like those asian ones) since it would "play" well with the whole pre-fabricated modular housing thing :f:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bars91 said:

Nice attention to detail and "realism/plausability" of stuff!

Are you considering any single-room sub-compact layouts (like those asian ones) since it would "play" well with the whole pre-fabricated modular housing thing 

We do have considered that but there is really no need for making tiny housing. There is just that much room in there and the utopian government is not run by the same kind of principles as we are maybe used to. The goal of the industrial complex city was to keep its inhabitants on 100% working capacity by keeping them happy and healthy and whatnot. (Idealistic right ;9) Part of that is providing spacious and inspiring housing.

One "family" unit could be halved or max split to 3 but that would still leave quite spacious single person house units. 

• Like 2

Some new Battle Armor sneakpeeks! I have redone the hands and got around rigging the whole body and it looks pretty damn majestic! :D 

The fingers need little adjusting to work properly but other than that it seems to work surprisingly well!

WIP_BattleArmor_03.png  WIP_BattleArmor_02.png

• Like 7