HorribleGoat

Lost Dragons - Total Modification Alpha

How cow thats really impressive man! Looking awesome. Love the flowers opening at night! Didn't even know that was possible.

3 minutes ago, mindstorm said:

How cow thats really impressive man! Looking awesome. Love the flowers opening at night! Didn't even know that was possible.

Thanks!  :D

Its pretty simple really. The flowers have animated parts set up and there is a script that collects all flowers into arrays and checks time every few minutes and runs the opening and closing animations depending on time of the day.

• Like 2

Redesigned some of the extra armor and added few details here and there. Contemplating if its ready or does it need something else before I texture it.

All the moving pieces are there, hatches open, the ladder functions, got the extra armor pieces for some variation, different guns, internals are there for trying out some special damage handling. Just not sure if Im missing something. 

WK-209_V5_ExtraArmor_02.png 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, sharkster1 said:

I came to check on this from a year back and holy shit has this progressed!

Slowly going forward! :D 

• Like 5

Almost done with UV mapping. All pieces laid out for final inspection. Some little hicups fixed here and there which is always nice. :D

WK-209_V5_Structure_01.png

• Like 5

god damn. oozing creativity. inspiring.

here's a suggestion for the flower animation. you should try and see if you can use the animation sources the ingame watch uses to animate them so you don't have to waste performance on scripting it.

• Like 3

hi just curious are the units usable in Zeus?

3 hours ago, yatol said:

hi just curious are the units usable in Zeus?

Hello!

Zeus compatibility is untested and probably does not work yet. It is also quite low priority feature right now, but we intent to look into it in the future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, haleks said:

Pilot insertion à la Titanfall? :D

Well maybe not quite like Titanfall. Its maybe a bit too fast and close range for our style. But humanoid walkers has been a goal for as long as we've been experimenting with the system. :D

• Like 1

Speaking of humanoid walkers... Those things are going to happen for real...

Goes without saying, I prefer the Lost Dragons version! ^^

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, haleks said:

Speaking of humanoid walkers... Those things are going to happen for real...

*VIDEO*

Goes without saying, I prefer the Lost Dragons version! ^^

I've seen that! Its awesome! Also it was very cool to see that what we've visioned is actually pretty close to what seems to be working in their concept. I mean how the joints go and stuff like that. :D 

• Like 2

I read that one of the designers (Vitaly Bulgarov) has been working on robot concepts for the Transformers movies.

Fiction is often closer to reality than we think (for the best and the worst)!

• Like 1

Just now, haleks said:

I read that one of the designers (Vitaly Bulgarov) has been working on robot concepts for the Transformers movies.

Fiction is often closer to reality than we think (for the best and the worst)!

I read too that he has background in movie/game concept design. Which is very cool indeed!

pretty close to what seems to be working in their concept.

It seems really wobbly to me. It doesnt even have any external load on it apart from gravity, and even then it seems incredibly wobbly and sluggish. I cant imagine this design to be particulary effective.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, x3kj said:

It seems really wobbly to me. It doesnt even have any external load on it apart from gravity, and even then it seems incredibly wobbly and sluggish. I cant imagine this design to be particulary effective.

Didn't make it, can't speak for them, maybe its due it being early development, maybe because it might not be really feasible irl. Nevertheless its still awesome to see it take the few first wobbly steps since haven't seen such a big robot walk like that before!

DARPA managed to pull walking robots off quite well. Granted, they are no where near that size, but it seems like we will see fairly natural looking walking robots in the short to midterm that are actually useful. Quite exciting really ... also DARPA´s Robo Dog is cute

i agree that you got to start somewhere. However, i have seen a hand full of those "wobbly shuffle machine" (as i would call them - seeing as that is their only ability) on youtube - this one is propably at the largest scale. But it speaks volumes that nobody sits in it while its walking... I also imagine, if one would/could sit in it, theyd have problems with sea sickness.

DARPA managed to pull walking robots off quite well.

Those where actually alot better attempts. To me this "shuffle type" machine to house a human just seems like an amateurish attempt to upscale some of those little walking toys... we'll see if that will improve over time.

21 minutes ago, x3kj said:

i agree that you got to start somewhere. However, i have seen a hand full of those "wobbly shuffle machine" (as i would call them - seeing as that is their only ability) on youtube - this one is propably at the largest scale. But it speaks volumes that nobody sits in it while its walking... I also imagine, if one would/could sit in it, theyd have problems with sea sickness.

Those where actually alot better attempts. To me this "shuffle type" machine to house a human just seems like an amateurish attempt to upscale some of those little walking toys... we'll see if that will improve over time.

Yeah, also quite important to put an emphasis on the fact that DARPA is not going for mech type robots but robot "helpers" that act independently to some degree, I mean after all that is the point of developing a robot in most cases: Freeing humans from doing tough and annoying tasks.

59 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

Yeah, also quite important to put an emphasis on the fact that DARPA is not going for mech type robots but robot "helpers" that act independently to some degree, I mean after all that is the point of developing a robot in most cases: Freeing humans from doing tough and annoying tasks.

Arma3 being set in 2035, I wished we had some sort of small mechanical units other than drones in the vanilla game - especially since fatigue is simulated (to some extend).

Imagine that DARPA "dog" acting as an ammo bearer, or a mobile turret... <3

...but we're going a bit off-topic.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, haleks said:

Arma3 being set in 2035, I wished we had some sort of small mechanical units other than drones in the vanilla game - especially since fatigue is simulated (to some extend).

Imagine that DARPA "dog" acting as an ammo bearer, or a mobile turret... <3

...but we're going a bit off-topic.

Yeah, I am thinking the same ^^ Maybe a nice idea for lost dragons, just don´t know how hard it would be to pull it off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lumnuon said:

Yeah, I am thinking the same ^^ Maybe a nice idea for lost dragons, just don´t know how hard it would be to pull it off.

Not too hard I think but timeconsuming. We have considered such units possible addition, but got no plans for them yet.

Also put together a render of the arm movement! 

The current dimensions of the torso would make it about 10 meters tall, but the initial idea on paper was to make it maybe 4-6 meters tall, so some scaling might happen.

• Like 3

humanoid robot units would actually be kinda simple to do, even simpler than real humans since the weightpainting is very straight forward (only rigid pieces)