HorribleGoat

Lost Dragons - Total Modification Alpha

Now that I got some of the creative urges vented out I continued work on the walls. 

Wrestling with the snap point system was quite challenging and Im not sure if something has changed with them or was it just my irregular pieces that caused trouble, but in the end I emerged victorious and the smaller circle hubs got their right places.

49 pieces still to go, before all the walls are up and I can update the map properly. Then its whole lot of work to build up proper collision geometries for them before actual release, but again we are couple of steps closer to it!

LoDR_MAP_WIP_Progress_01.png  

• Like 2

Well the Corporate protective suits are not that tough as they are more like armored enviromental suits to protect the salvagers from elements and such. They shield from incoming fire to certain degree for sure, but they are not meant for actual combat but for exploration and salvage retrieval from dangerous environments. Im quite sure the 6mm would be effective enought against them if necessary.

Military battle armors like the green one on the other hand can resist "small arms" fire much better, but their availability in our scenario is sparse and there are heavier weapons that are dangerous even for them. That said there will be quite noticeable difference between corporate suits and the military suits. (and with whatever heavier we can put together...)   

The way the mission will play pits the two (un)fortunate salvage companies against each in the brutal race to claim their pirze. And while not totally uncommon, it is not the normal way the salvagers operate in the more civilized space. But here deep in the wild space and with such a incredible price at hand things can get rough. But as said its not the normal way and thus the salvagers are no equipped with combat in mind.

But all calibers/armorsvalues/etc may change by time if deemed necessary. But right now the 6mm just felt right.

Could make the military arms hypersonic while the corporate arms remain supersonic. Not sure what speeds are possible on small arms as this would be around 5632 feet per second or faster. Would give the military arms a lot more punch and would cause them to shoot with a flatter trajectory.

Could make the military arms hypersonic while the corporate arms remain supersonic. Not sure what speeds are possible on small arms as this would be around 5632 feet per second or faster. Would give the military arms a lot more punch and would cause them to shoot with a flatter trajectory.

Possibly possibly, thats a good idea.

We will have to experiment with that and how it works with man damage and vehicle damage and how it affects the range of weapons. It could be that too much speed could make the bullet have too high penetration regarding vehicle armor, but Im sure we can find a good balance.

Yeat another shot of the new walls. This time on the actual map! Next up fixing the terrain to accommodate the new slightly larger complex as the new wall design also meant I was able to easily increase the size of some areas.

LoDR_MAP_WIP_Progress_03.png

I now miss dearly the few seconds loading time on buldozer on a simple and smaller testmap I used to test the snappoints on the pieces. It was so much nicer than the over 15 minutes I got on the actual map.. But cant help it. 

Anyways, next up terrain mesh tweaks, re generation of the sat, mask and normal maps and regenarting the trees. And then it might be close to a proper test run. 

• Like 6

Got my computer unpacked and set up after a few days of moving to a new place! 

Started to pick up pace with the project and noticed Eden update had fallen upon us and to celebrate it I made a video of our upcoming map in Eden!

• Like 1

Nice!

I'm still amazed by the scope of this project; I've been working on a super secret sci-fi mission ever since Eden was released, wich will feature some of your units/vehicles - man I'm having a blast!

Good luck with the project, and feel free to PM me if you need help with scripts or configs (although my knowledge with configs is not the best)! ;)

• Like 1

Thought to take a couple of shots how the map progress looks like in game! 

It is still very bare and missing a lot of details it needs, but I'm very pleased how it is starting to look. The terracing of the center area was a great idea and even in this state proves the extra work was worth it.

2016-02-24_00003.jpg  2016-02-24_00004.jpg

• Like 7

Can soon cross off AR-42 update from 0.2.0 to-do list. Got it finally uv-mapped and threw quick textures on it. 

When its ingame and shoots, I'll move on the the next item on the list. Going to add more details on reload animations to it later, it is in good enough state for an alpha release.

AR-42_V4_WIP_03.png

• Like 5

Can soon cross off AR-42 update from 0.2.0 to-do list. Got it finally uv-mapped and threw quick textures on it. 

When its ingame and shoots, I'll move on the the next item on the list. Going to add more details on reload animations to it later, it is in good enough state for an alpha release.

AR-42_V4_WIP_03.png

Looks sweet! Is that a grenade launcher above the barrel? Hence the two triggers?

Looks sweet! Is that a grenade launcher above the barrel? Hence the two triggers?

You are correct. This image shows it a little better!

AR-42_V4_WIP_02.png

• Like 3

AR-42 made its way in game! Going to adjust the hand positions, but reload animations will probably be left for later release. Gotta draw the line somewhere if we ever want a next version out. :D

Also gave the holosight some touchups and applied the new collimator shader for the reticle. 

2016-03-06_00002.jpg

2016-03-06_00003.jpg

2016-03-06_00004.jpg

• Like 3

Looks fantastic! I like the holo sight, the sight recticle looks fantastic. Any chance the black rim around the sight be reduced? If it is an intentional feature, disregard.

Looking forward to an updated release!

Been away for a year and still amazing. Its mods like this that keeps pulling me back to Arma. 

Looking forward to the next update.

Looks fantastic! I like the holo sight, the sight recticle looks fantastic. Any chance the black rim around the sight be reduced? If it is an intentional feature, disregard.

Looking forward to an updated release!

One step ahead my good sir! 

HoloscopeUpdate.jpg

Been away for a year and still amazing. Its mods like this that keeps pulling me back to Arma. 

Looking forward to the next update.

Thank you! And here's something from the WIP section!

WIP_GOAT_Helmet_09.png

• Like 5

That looks pretty cool! Will you light up the eyes? I just watch The World's End those replicants looks creepy chasing after the protagonists with their lit eyes and mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n__1Y-N5tQk#t=63

Haha! 

But no. We try to minimize all flashy lights. Makes no sense to have such in combat environment if they're not absolutely necessary. And the helmet will have visor too, just wanted to show how the head/ helmet fit together.

Progress and a group shot to celebrate it!

20160310000403_1.jpg    20160310001118_1.jpg

Have the new gun models quite well set up now with new hand grip stances and all that. Im planning on making proper reload animations for the rifles and then they would be ready for the next release.

The minigun will still need a lot of adjustment and its still missing the ammo backpack and other functionality, but its operational even without them.

Now the weapon stats are whole different thing and will go through a lot of changes, but for now everything is coming together nicely for a next alpha release.

• Like 5

Working on updating the WK-209 to more efficient design. While I really really liked the V2 and the profile of the design I decided that the hanging gun arms where too big a flaw efficiency vise. They looked cool and fit the walker very well imo, but their fire sector was way too low.

I've given this quite a lot of thought to come up with a design that would still have similar profile, but with guns higher up.

Here are couple of shots of my progress with that and Im quite pleased with the result. The pictures do not convey the whole mechanism in the turret mounts, but they are a lot higher now and have now much better fire arcs. Also I adjusted the torso position a bit so that it can be made to turn, instead of only facing front.

While you guys have not even tried them out yet, these changes will make WK-209 much more versatile fighting machine as we intend all our walkers to be.

Also as a bonus there's couple of different weapon system mockups for you to enjoy!

WK-209_Update2_WIP1.png   WK-209_Update2_WIP2.png

• Like 5

Wow. That is one of the mods I'm pretty much looking forward to.

It's really great to see something so different. One or two people tried science fiction projects for OFP, and without much fanfare. Personally I think anything that ventures beyond the norm should be applauded. The engines may be considered military simulators, but I believe that ignores the potential they have.

:)

• Like 2

Wow. That is one of the mods I'm pretty much looking forward to.

Excellent to hear! Thank you!

It's really great to see something so different. One or two people tried science fiction projects for OFP, and without much fanfare. Personally I think anything that ventures beyond the norm should be applauded. The engines may be considered military simulators, but I believe that ignores the potential they have.

:)

Arma does provide very versatile platform to build on and Its awesome that there are people excited about what we do. And what you said means alot since your work with 40k mods in Arma was really big inspiration for me to start with Arma modding!

Thank you!

Heh, seems I had a double post here with the video link that did not even work.

Anyhow, Ill just leave this here! Dont want waste space. :D Its a picture from the future, since this is actually updated version from the 360 render video below.

WK-209_V4_Camo_Test_X.png

• Like 1