HorribleGoat

Lost Dragons - Total Modification Alpha

Damn, I need me one of those , to get out of an obligated family Christmas dinner. 

Anyway, haha, that was great, keep up the great work!

Happy holidays to you too!

• Like 1

haha that was hillarious. Do you use a regular vehicle for this and play stompy animation loops, or do you go utilise RTM animation?

haha that was hillarious. Do you use a regular vehicle for this and play stompy animation loops, or do you go utilise RTM animation?

Our walkers are combination of 2 units, the legs are "man" unit with rtm animations and the torso is a "tank" unit that is attached on the legs and to move the whole shabang the driver of the torso remote controls the legs.

very nice. Why do i suddenly have images of some gruesome dystopian abomination in my head :D  the arma manmachine

• Like 1

very nice. Why do i suddenly have images of some gruesome dystopian abomination in my head :D  the arma manmachine

HAHA We've used the nickname ManTank. It is pretty much a Frankensteins monster hacked together with attachto. :D

Once this comes our I'll be throwing it on my dedicated server, shall be fun, open to anybody.... Just need the update :D

Once this comes our I'll be throwing it on my dedicated server, shall be fun, open to anybody.... Just need the update :D

Excellent! Though we dont have the gamemode yet ready for release, some new assets are coming out that you can experiment with! 

We would very much appreciate your feedback too when the time comes!

Also latest sneakpeek:

WIP_BattleArmorUndersuit_06.png

• Like 2

maybe it's just the perspective, but the upper body looks a bit too long compared to the legs. Maybe move the belt a little bit higher?

How does he move his head btw? :lol:

maybe it's just the perspective, but the upper body looks a bit too long compared to the legs. Maybe move the belt a little bit higher?

How does he move his head btw? :lol:

Id say its the perspective. Though the helmet is quite a lot higher than normal so it also may skew the scale.

The helmet does turn but not as much as head would normally. The head is actually nested in the neck and the helmet has advanced sensors and optics and compensates the reduced turning with other means. The wearer may require some cybernetic implantation for optimal use though. 

BattleArmorScale.png

• Like 1

The pant is cut very low (like this), it already ends below the hipbones which makes his leg look short and his body look too large. Together with the elongated Head + the neckpiece that joins body and head it looks arkward.  It would look better imo if you would move the belt higher.

The pant is cut very low (like this), it already ends below the hipbones which makes his leg look short and his body look too large. Together with the elongated Head + the neckpiece that joins body and head it looks arkward.  It would look better imo if you would move the belt higher.

Ah I see what you mean now. It does look like that a bit. But the green piece isnt actual belt. Its a full body suit and the green was just there to give me differentiate the area when I edited them. There undersuit is "one piece" jump suit :D Gotta color that 

The actual belt I have for the over armor just over the green part over the last "ab" and I'll make sure it wont be too low!

Refitted the existing arm and torso armor to fit the new undersuit and started the armor glove.

Have to do some experimenting on how well the finger rig works with so much extra mesh on it. It might start deforming badly but only way to find out is to try it.

The heavy leg armor parts I have were very wip already and Im going to redo them completely.

WIP_BattleArmorUndersuit_07.png

• Like 3

Got some more heavy plating on the suit!

Only thing that remains is the feet. Have to draw up some more sketches for fitting armored boots.

The thigh plate does not circle the leg fully as I wanted to leave some breathing room between the legs and not hinder the leg movement too much and im a bit iffy with the stomach plating right now, there is something that bothers me and I may redesign them if I come up with something better.

The thigh joints could maybe use some plate protection, but I think the Arma skeleton and animations might not handle the kind of belt attached loose plating Id like to make. Those areas are most likely covered with mag bags and such anyway so Im content to leave it be for now.

WIP_BattleArmor_01.png

• Like 3

Nice, looking good.

Not sure if I asked this, but any chance you guys might stream when you model stuff sometime? I'm always curious how people get around/starting modeling and such and your work look fantastic.

Nice, looking good.

Not sure if I asked this, but any chance you guys might stream when you model stuff sometime? I'm always curious how people get around/starting modeling and such and your work look fantastic.

No one has ever asked really. :D Maybe it could be possible sometime. Though my upload speed might not be good enough..

• Like 1

No one has ever asked really. :D Maybe it could be possible sometime. Though my upload speed might not be good enough..

Sorry for the belated response. No worries, don't stress or feel obligated, was just a minor request for my own curiosity sake as you guys seemed like swell fellas and are making pretty great stuff.

I'm looking forward to this, I always enjoy when people get into real creative military sci-fi that's out of the box.

Sorry for the belated response. No worries, don't stress or feel obligated, was just a minor request for my own curiosity sake as you guys seemed like swell fellas and are making pretty great stuff.

I'm looking forward to this, I always enjoy when people get into real creative military sci-fi that's out of the box.

Oh no worries, I enjoy modding and dont really hurry it too much. I'll keep streaming in mind, though right now dont have time to set it up.

Been following this addon off and on and I generally like what I see and cannot wait to give it a try.

I do have some thoughts on the helmet though. Whether or not you agree with them, this is your creation in the end.

On to the Helmet. When I look at it I see Ash's face getting sucked into the Necronomicon on Army of Darkness. It looks like there are going to be some clipping issues when the player tries to look down with the collar piece. The height of it also makes me think that the soldier may be bumping their head into things a lot. Thoughts on maybe reducing the height about 2-3 in. (5-7 cm) and bringing in the chin some? Another idea could be to make the helmet fixed, widen it a bit, and allow the head to look around freely inside, with a 270 degree display and Hud that follows the eyes or head?

Been following this addon off and on and I generally like what I see and cannot wait to give it a try.

I do have some thoughts on the helmet though. Whether or not you agree with them, this is your creation in the end.

On to the Helmet. When I look at it I see Ash's face getting sucked into the Necronomicon on Army of Darkness. It looks like there are going to be some clipping issues when the player tries to look down with the collar piece. The height of it also makes me think that the soldier may be bumping their head into things a lot. Thoughts on maybe reducing the height about 2-3 in. (5-7 cm) and bringing in the chin some? Another idea could be to make the helmet fixed, widen it a bit, and allow the head to look around freely inside, with a 270 degree display and Hud that follows the eyes or head?

Thank you sir for your input! I am aware of what you are concerned about and hope I can relief at least some of them.

The height is not very conventional as you said and IRL it would be quite unusable, but I like how it looks so much Im willing to disregard the . The problem with head clipping with it I've thought to counter with hiding the head mesh althogether when the helmet is on, that way there would be no clipping. The helmet will turn a little but I aim to limit it to keep the large neck part from deforming badly. (With more elaborate skeleton It could be animated to turn more, but it would need more bones to help with the deformation)

The size of the helmet will be taken into account when designing vehicles and interiors, and hiding the helmet when the wearer gets into a vehicle, so that it wont clip out, is also an option.

The visibility from withing I've explained with the soldiers using this suit having cybernetical enhancements that allow them to link with the armor and the helmets advanced sensors (located partly on the tall top) that more than compensate with the limited movement. If possible we will make such implantation optional for the Corporate salvagers  (players) too if they find the facilities for them and they would then gain access for the helmet sensors that would relay target information and such to the wearers hud and maybe even between the suits.

So what kind of sensors were you thinking of including with the armor?

Guessing night vision and thermal at least. Maybe make it full screen as you are using the armor, not goggles. Possibly even have those available without cybernetics? Radar? With the ability to go active or passive. Active works as normal radar except it makes the armor appear as a vehicle to other unit's radar. (lockable?) Passive allows you to detect others units using radar. Is that even possible? Some type of visual recognition target tracking? Things like heading, weapon targeting reticle w/lead indicator, elevation, velocity, etc?

So what kind of sensors were you thinking of including with the armor?

Guessing night vision and thermal at least. Maybe make it full screen as you are using the armor, not goggles. Possibly even have those available without cybernetics? Radar? With the ability to go active or passive. Active works as normal radar except it makes the armor appear as a vehicle to other unit's radar. (lockable?) Passive allows you to detect others units using radar. Is that even possible? Some type of visual recognition target tracking? Things like heading, weapon targeting reticle w/lead indicator, elevation, velocity, etc?

NV and thermal yes for the military ones yes, NV for the corporates and maybe a variant with thermal with some sort of trade with weight or protection. 

The visual recognition type thing I've thought would be quite cool with exactly what you said, heading, lead prediction and the works combined with audio analysis and directional indicators for vehicle sounds and gunfire for example. Radar type sensor would I would leave as  a part of a special sensory backpack though, but short range movement sensor I am considering as part of the suit package. 

Combined the visual(live feed image recognition / thermal / and other image analysis means), audio and movement would the input possible and confirmed targets on the hud and on the map/gps

Id like to add that all suits are equipped with atmospheric analysis sensors (temperature, air toxicity) and radioactivity gauges that we also want to play part in our gamemode.

• Like 2

Time for a little progress update!

I am good at distracting myself with all kinds of other modding and modeling than what I got on the actual list.. But right now processing the walls feel too tedious and I've been having a creative streak.

I've said before I've got a thing for redesigning my work.. And now I've done it again. After a while again I looked at the rifle I wanted to be the AR-42 and thought, meh, could be better, and a new Idea popped into my mind.

Now this is actually a lot closer to my original drawing for the gun, back then I just had trouble realizing that vision, but now (just like the last time) I think I've got it!

Its got a bit more scifi spiced up functionality.. But hey, thats what the mod is all about.

AR-42_V4_WIP_01.png  AR-42_V4_WIP_02.png

The caliber came down to 6mm caseless round and the multipurpose launcher got on top of the rifle barrel as did the magazine. Its got more moving parts that make it more impractical as a real weapon, but luckily designing game weapons give a bit more leeway on that sort of things.

Railing for optional optics is already in place and the gun has a silencer as attachement. I though it would have laser and/or flashlight as default accessory.

• Like 3

With all that armor on the dude you just showed... isnt such weak weapon practically useless in a proper fight?

Would be the same situation submachineguns and to some degree 5.56 are in right now (though 5.56 fanboys will certainly disagree :lol: )

With all that armor on the dude you just showed... isnt such weak weapon practically useless in a proper fight?

Would be the same situation submachineguns and to some degree 5.56 are in right now (though 5.56 fanboys will certainly disagree :lol: )

Well the Corporate protective suits are not that tough as they are more like armored enviromental suits to protect the salvagers from elements and such. They shield from incoming fire to certain degree for sure, but they are not meant for actual combat but for exploration and salvage retrieval from dangerous environments. Im quite sure the 6mm would be effective enought against them if necessary.

Military battle armors like the green one on the other hand can resist "small arms" fire much better, but their availability in our scenario is sparse and there are heavier weapons that are dangerous even for them. That said there will be quite noticeable difference between corporate suits and the military suits. (and with whatever heavier we can put together...)   

The way the mission will play pits the two (un)fortunate salvage companies against each in the brutal race to claim their pirze. And while not totally uncommon, it is not the normal way the salvagers operate in the more civilized space. But here deep in the wild space and with such a incredible price at hand things can get rough. But as said its not the normal way and thus the salvagers are no equipped with combat in mind.

But all calibers/armorsvalues/etc may change by time if deemed necessary. But right now the 6mm just felt right.