t-800a

[RELEASE] T8 Units - a less dynamic AI creator

Thanks, I think it's your Trigger Conditions:

thistrigger distance player < 50

the dedicated server doesn't know the "player" in MP

You shoult try sth. like

{( _x distance thisTrigger ) < 50 } count allPlayers > 0

Thanks so much, in my name and in the name of my Arma group (Grupo Armados).

A salute from Spain.

PD: If I don't say yet, Congratulations for your script, one of the most complete AI script for Arma

• Like 1

Hello, I've only just started using this script in the past week. It seems really versatile, but I haven't yet explored many ways to use it.

Is there a way for me to use the existing groups in Arma 3 Config Viewer to generate a list of units, compatible with your T8 script?

i.e. using this:

configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "CUP_O_SLA" >> "Infantry" >> "CUP_O_SLA_InfantrySection"

to output something like:

"CUP_O_SLA_Soldier_MG", "CUP_O_SLA_Soldier_GL", "CUP_O_SLA_Soldier", "CUP_O_SLA_Soldier"

For use in T8misisonEXEC.sqf predefined arrays:

_groupArraySLAInfantrySection = [<output goes here>];

Or do I just have to suck it up and manually type out lists for all the CUP faction groups I want to use? :D

(I'm still learning a lot about scripting, so there may be a more general scripting answer that I don't know)

Or do I just have to suck it up and manually type out lists for all the CUP faction groups I want to use? :D

Right from the test bench:

9bU1JOX.jpg?1

for now you'll have to use the manually typing methode, but in the next update I will add it, as it's not much to change anyways.

and also fiddeling with some 3DEN stuff:

KNX1WSL.jpg?1

We'll see if this leads to something useful ...

• Like 5

Right from the test bench:

9bU1JOX.jpg?1

for now you'll have to use the manually typing methode, but in the next update I will add it, as it's not much to change anyways.

and also fiddeling with some 3DEN stuff:

KNX1WSL.jpg?1

We'll see if this leads to something useful ...

Oh damn, will love you long time when/if you get that working!

First. I wanna say Thank you so much. this script is great ever !!

AI good communication, reaction and tactics. 

recently I always use it own dynamic mission generator.

that a great fun.

have you plan add your task module to zeus?

if you have, I`ll be so happy.

• Like 2

Big thank you for this script, I use it in pretty much every mission I make, such an easy way to add in many different complex types of unit behaviour to missions!

In future would it be possible to see the "timeout" functionality added to triggers so they can be delayed for a time (can get some pretty nice randomisations with min, mid and max).

Blee bluh blarh, 8 wasted hours... Couldn't get script to work b/c of a syntax goof.

EDIT: Thanks, vestigefox! I had a series of different mistakes (CIVILIAN vs "CIV", etc.), and missed that one comma.

BLUFORbasedefense =
[
    [ [ _groupArray_CUP_B_USMC_team, "ZoneGamma", WEST ], [ "DEFEND_BASE" ], [true, false, false] ],
];

Isnt that , at the end too much? you seperate 2 group arrays with a , not one, the group setting above seems fine with no , at the end.

• Like 1

Isnt that , at the end too much? you seperate 2 group arrays with a , not one, the group setting above seems fine with no , at the end.

Yes.

Also:

If someone wants to play around with some EDEN stuff:

https://github.com/T-800a/T8_Units_3DEN

There are two PBOs, one is the eden_extension.pbo:

You'll find additional attributes for your groups if you load that one.

It will work with the T8U script put into the mission, or with the second option below

(if you have both at the same time, there may be uninteded behaviour).

Then there is a server_addon.pbo, which is just the T8U scriped packed into a PBO for the server.

So you would not need to add the script too the mission.

Note: there are no (server)keys ... haven't bothered creating one for testing.

EDIT: forgot ... if you use the script in the mission, use the development one from github

• Like 4

Yes.

Also:

If someone wants to play around with some EDEN stuff:

https://github.com/T-800a/T8_Units_3DEN

There are two PBOs, one is the eden_extension.pbo:

You'll find additional attributes for your groups if you load that one.

It will work with the T8U script put into the mission, or with the second option below

(if you have both at the same time, there may be uninteded behaviour).

Then there is a server_addon.pbo, which is just the T8U scriped packed into a PBO for the server.

So you would not need to add the script too the mission.

Note: there are no (server)keys ... haven't bothered creating one for testing.

Looks promising! I will have a look once I get out of work.

Looks promising! I will have a look once I get out of work.

forgot ... if you use the script in the mission, use the development one from github

hi,

thanks for your @mod, Enable/Disable caching AI is he planned?

Hello T-800a,

As many before me, this is a great body fo work by yourself and others who have contributed to this project. I am already enjoying a lot of success and enhanced gameplay even through simple testing in using your code. I affectionately like to think of it like an AI-API. One item of inquiry has arisen that I haven't been able to devise a way to do, if it is possible yet:

I know I could create a unit if I wanted to compose 1 entity (say "_unitSniper" for reference") but what do you suggest as the best practice if I wanted to apply the Skills/Behavior presets to only this group? At present the documentation only provides to apply these settings to entire sides (EAST, WEST, etc).

The use case for this: Designated marksmen would have a greater accuracy/spot distance/firing range than a squad of infantry.

So i am looking to extend the skills/behavior settings to apply to a particular class, not necessarily all the classes that make up one side.

Hi T8,

I was playing a mission alongside DAC with DAC support enabled and I consistently got this error in RPT:

23:45:05 Error in expression <_gvar_DACcalled", -99999 ] ) < ( time - T8U_var_DACtimeout ) } ) then 
{
private>
23:45:05   Error position: <T8U_var_DACtimeout ) } ) then 
{
private>
23:45:05   Error Undefined variable in expression: t8u_var_dactimeout
23:45:05 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\T8\fnc\fn_onFiredEvent.sqf, line 211

I used v0.61 for this mission. Consider me at hand for any further information and/or tests you may require  :)

I was playing a mission alongside DAC with DAC support enabled and I consistently got this error in RPT:

[...]

I used v0.61 for this mission. Consider me at hand for any further information and/or tests you may require  :)

Did you check your config? Not that you accidently changed/deleted the var there?

Otherwise I would need to investigate, which will take some time as I (as Division agent) am currently saving New York from horrible gangs and PMCs ...

• Like 1

Did you check your config? Not that you accidently changed/deleted the var there?

Otherwise I would need to investigate, which will take some time as I (as Division agent) am currently saving New York from horrible gangs and PMCs ...

My bad!!! I compared my version to yours on github and yes, the variable got somehow deleted... probably during the changing of T8U_var_AllowDAC but I am still wondering how could that happen. Nevertheless, "Ashamed" describes pretty much it  :D

Thanks again and good luck with those PMCs and horrible gangs :D

This would be perfect if it had a respawn script, and count for the spawned units.

Loving this script! Really versatile and exactly what I was looking for!

Is there any chance we could grab a version of the Eden PBO's with the Debug markers turned off? 

Thanks again T800a

This would be perfect if it had a respawn script, and count for the spawned units.

You mean like a automatic respawner if a certain amount of units died?

Loving this script! Really versatile and exactly what I was looking for!

Is there any chance we could grab a version of the Eden PBO's with the Debug markers turned off? 

Thanks again T800a

if you put the following in your init.sqf / initserver.sqf it should overwrite the basic settings!? (untested sorry)

T8U_var_DEBUG		= false;
T8U_var_DEBUG_hints	= false;
T8U_var_DEBUG_marker	= false;
T8U_var_DEBUG_useCon	= false;

or you use only the EDEN pbo without the server pbo and put the script (from dev) into the mission itself. should work too.

... still mostly absent from arma because of lootgrinding in division.

Thanks for the quick reply mate!

Unfortunately I couldn't get the eden_extension.pbo to work by itself with the script in the mission. Units placed in the editor would just stand around, only those spawned through 'T8_missionEXEC' would actually work. I could be doing something wrong though....

The init fixes didn't seem to do the trick either :(

However the EDEN pbo and Server pbo work great together! (apart from the debug stuck on). Really easy to use and I haven't come across any problems yet!

I'll stick to using the mission script for now, but the EDEN stuff really is amazing.

Thanks again mate, love your work.

I was playing a bit with patrol around and something came to mind.  I wanted to have them patrol around three circles from the middle so I did in ways of an experiment

params ["_markerName"];

_pos = getMarkerPos _markerName;

_groupArrayFullTeam = [ "O_soldier_TL_F", "O_medic_F", "O_soldier_F", "O_soldier_AR_F", "O_soldier_TL_F", "O_soldier_F", "O_soldier_F", "O_soldier_LAT_F" ];

_spawnMarker1 = createMarker [_markerName + "_1", _pos];
_spawnMarker1 setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
_spawnMarker1 setMarkerSize [100, 100];

_spawnMarker2 = createMarker [_markerName + "_2", _pos];
_spawnMarker2 setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
_spawnMarker2 setMarkerSize [400, 400];

_spawnMarker3 = createMarker [_markerName + "_3", _pos];
_spawnMarker3 setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
_spawnMarker3 setMarkerSize [600, 600];

_SpawnThisUnits =
[
	[ [ _groupArrayFullTeam, _spawnMarker1], [ "PATROL_AROUND" ] ],
	[ [ _groupArrayFullTeam, _spawnMarker2], [ "PATROL_AROUND" ] ],
	[ [ _groupArrayFullTeam, _spawnMarker3], [ "PATROL_AROUND" ] ]
];

[ _SpawnThisUnits ] spawn T8U_fnc_Spawn;

This works jus as expected the waypoints get created and the group is spawned but they all spawn in the middle and gradually go to one of their WP.  Wouldn't it make more sense to make them spawn on one of the waypoints ?  Once the waypoints are set you got positions to spawn on right ?

I've gotten around it by adding

currentWP = currentWaypoint _group;
{
	_x setPos (getWPPos [_group, _currentWP]);
} foreach units _group;

after the currentWaypoint is set for the group in the patrol around script.  Maybe because the patrol script is called after the group spawned which makes sense this is the only way to do it ?