Sign in to follow this  
spanishsurfer

What is BECTI?

Anytime new Arma players come on here or other and ask for information on "good" PvP/TvT servers for Arma I always mention BECTI servers, the next response is typically "What is BECTI?". I don't know how many times I've typed paragraphs on what it is but I feel like I didn't quite get the messages across. So I spent a few days putting this video together to demonstrate to the public that there is some epic TvT public game play going on in Arma 3 on a daily basis. You just have to find us and learn how to play the game mode.

Please take the time to watch the video (you wont be disappointed) and like/comment if you could. If you are a fan of BECTI or eventually become a fan don't forget to SHARE SHARE SHARE this video with as many people, forums, and any other form of social media that you can.

Thanks for reading, see you guys on the battlefield!

-SS

It's like this island...and you capture trees and screenshots and stuff. Far out, man.

Theres these bushes growing. And you pluck some leaves and then smoke it. It's awesome, man, you should come check it out.

BECTI is really fun, even in singleplayer. Sadly I can't load a saved game at the moment. Some bug in 1.28 I suspect.

Edited by mamasan8

Proper credits for Benny, Igi_PL and myself in the description would be a nice addition, because more than half of the implementation of your "own" are not your own.

Your name is in the mission title, code, and in the map description. Should I add every other persons script we used in the mission as well that you used and we used? I properly credit everyone as needed, why do I need to credit more?

In the video I say "we" not I. I never imply in the video that I did the work.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Your name is in the mission title, code, and in the map description. Should I add every other persons script we used in the mission as well that you used and we used? I properly credit everyone as needed, why do I need to credit more?

Yes.

Because that is the only payment most scripters are geting for the hours they spend developping the missions /scripts / addons. The more you credit every person that contributed by their ideas and code, the better it is for the community.

In the video I say "we" not I. I never imply in the video that I did the work.

And you did not imply that most of the features were already present in the missions, and semantically "we" is different than "someone". So, from my POV, the video is nice, but just add the full credits in the video description. It costs you basically nothing and it shows that you are part of the community.

Cheers.

Edited by ZertyKchan

Fine Zerty, I'll credit you in the description...

Although I do want to state that I've provided you with many ideas/suggestions (such as dynamic ai #s for players, 3rd person vehicles/1st person infantry, and several others in the mission ) as well as shared vital mission info (such as concrete structures being removed due to inability to destroy them, info about server side FPS loss due to several reasons and many more tips) all in the name of helping you in running your server mission at its maximum potential. I've been nothing but a team player, so please don't imply I've been anything but that.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Fine Zerty, I'll credit you in the description...

Although I do want to state that I've provided you with many ideas/suggestions (such as dynamic ai #s for players, 3rd person vehicles/1st person infantry, and several others in the mission ) as well as shared vital mission info (such as concrete structures being removed due to inability to destroy them, info about server side FPS loss due to several reasons and many more tips) all in the name of helping you in running your server mission at its maximum potential. I've been nothing but a team player, so please don't imply I've been anything but that.

Since you're bringing up "giving eachother ideas," I might add that I suggested a logistics system to you, and you said it was useless. Then when I integrated it into my server later, you suddenly decided you had to have it too. Same with the Mohawk being capable of lifting aircraft... Not trying to start a fight, but just felt that needed pointing out.

EDIT: Oh, and your performance issues are because you're running a dedicated server on non-dedicated server hardware. This has nothing to do with the mission.

Since you're bringing up "giving eachother ideas," I might add that I suggested a logistics system to you, and you said it was useless. Then when I integrated it into my server later, you suddenly decided you had to have it too. Same with the Mohawk being capable of lifting aircraft... Not trying to start a fight, but just felt that needed pointing out.

EDIT: Oh, and your performance issues are because you're running a dedicated server on non-dedicated server hardware. This has nothing to do with the mission.

Wow, logistics being your idea? Now I've heard it all. I've been looking to improve logistics for a long time bud. BTW, our dedicated server runs Arma BECTI better than any other CTI server out there, hence why our player count can be in the 40s and still have comfortable FPS on the server when we're full. Funny how someone who has no experience on the server can come on here and tell me about performance issues.

Wow, logistics being your idea? Now I've heard it all. I've been looking to improve logistics for a long time bud. BTW, our dedicated server runs Arma BECTI better than any other CTI server out there, hence why our player count can be in the 40s and still have comfortable FPS on the server when we're full. Funny how someone who has no experience on the server can come on here and tell me about performance issues.

No experience on the server eh? I have just enough experience to know your server side FPS drops to 10 and lower when you set it to night time. Oh, and I DID suggest adding igiLoad, right when I started playing and saw that mod, and you said no, logistics in BeCTI wasn't important. But hey, I'm not here to argue. Just stating a point.

I've provided you with many ideas/suggestions
lol Sorry, but many many other provide ideas and suggestions to Benny's BEWafare/BECti long before you host your first server and no one cried.

Thanks Spanish, my experience on the server is great, one of if not the best map I have ever played on multi IMO.

No lag on my end I don't know what people are talking about, and I think night sucks anyways because your just forced to use NV anyways and just turns the game into greenland thru a coffee can for everyone but that's just my opinion.

As far as people bitching about giving credit I am kind of mixed, seems like you were pretty reasonable. I doubt anyone thinks your up to no good or have bad intentions..

Seems to me no matter what you do there's always people that will find a way to bitch about something somehow somewhere..

Bottom line is all your trying to do is promote a great mission/style of play so yes give credit but people don't need to get all douchey and up tight about it...

This was a great mission in arma 2 but Benny gave up on it since arma 3 multiplayer is so broken.

lol Sorry, but many many other provide ideas and suggestions to Benny's BEWafare/BECti long before you host your first server and no one cried.

Well said, BE warfare is based on input being tried and trued.  Are these guys trying to get at modding community should be compensated or something?  Man I should get back into editing if it will pay my bills cause working for a living sucks.

Great post spanishsurfer, you are doing great for Arma.  Warfare/CTI the best this 'game'/simulation/training platform has to offer.  Anything else IMO is like playing a preview of Arma, a taste of the basics to get used to how to actually play Arma in warfare sessions.

Keep spreading the word about warfare or arma 3 will end up a rpg game.  what's with people, can't play secondlife anymore so they come to Arma?!  I dont get it, but I didn't get dayZ either.