Sign in to follow this  
mezamorphis

Arma3 Vehicle Desync/lag

Hey guys , I have a really annoying issue with Arma3

Search my videos on google "Zxcab youtube" and you will see the 2 videos

arma3 vehicle lag 2 and arma vehicle lag

"arma3 vehicle lag 2" shows how I see cars moving when I'm in my own car or with someone in their car

"arma vehicle lag" it's better but it rarely happens .

I can't post links because it's my first day ...

Any solution ?

FPS is fine , pc has much better specs than what the game requires

100mbps fiber link (RO)

Ping is about 40

It's something like a vehicle desync and many times it made me crush into other cars because I didn't realize I was that close until the moment they teleported into me .

NOTE that it wasn't me driving right now but a friend , this is how I see everybody's vehicles teleporting . If I drive the car I will see only my car running smoothly but the others still like this.

there is an issue with the netcode actually.

Bis is working on it, try an other server.

Hey ! thanks for the reply ! the thing is I have this on most of the servers but it happens just with vehicles , in rest all is fine . Hopefully they will fix it soon :)

Bis is working on it, try an other server.

No they're not.

They could've rolled the patch back or actually fixed their product. I do not want new door sounds.

How long has the game been unplayable?

No they're not.

They could've rolled the patch back or actually fixed their product. I do not want new door sounds.

How long has the game been unplayable?

It's not unplayable. A decent server machine will still give you ideal playability. Also, the sound-team doesn't work on net-code, and since YOU aren't arma 3's project lead nor are you actively providing any insightful input on how the game is "unplayable" from your point of view, then I'd suggest not harping on BI for something that they've already done and continuing to work on.

Cited from SPOTREP #00031:

"Removed: Guaranteed networking messaging (not just disabled). This may just be temporary while we address issues with this low-level networking feature.

Fixed: Stack overflow crash

Fixed: Missing console logging on servers"

Cited from SITREP #00072:

"The fight against multiplayer issues continues. On Friday we published the 1.28 hotfix (the version had to be increased because of removing the new network messaging). In terms of technology, this brings the netcode back to the 1.24 state."

"On top of things, the 1.28 version caused an incompatibility with the BattlEye anti-cheat client. A fix candidate for this is being tested on Steam's RC branch (access code: Hotfix128Arma3), and it will reach main branch as soon as we get confirmation it works. Our first priority now is restoring multiplayer to 1.24 performance. "

It's not always a netcode problem, nor should the sound-team (who, are trying to make the game sound believable because IT'S THEIR JOB) have to drop what their doing at the moment for things that are the netcode guys JOBS to take care of (no offense to either team, all BI teams are extraordinarily talented and I'm glad you're putting in the time and effort to make this game better).

I implore you to please do your research. It will help you seem like much less of an ass.

Quick edit: BTW my system specs are:

i7-2760 quad-core @ 2.2GHz

Nvidia 560M w/ 2gb VRAM

16 GB 1333mhz RAM

1TB 7200RPM HDD

I get 25-35 in singleplayer, 30-40 in multiplayer, and a steady 55FPS in an empty world. Mods or no-mods. It's been like this since the 1.08 update. I have no complaints on performance.

Edited by devilslayersbane

Like I said on another thread you try writting a game-engine that tracks what is it? When you have it on ultra? 1,000,000 objects? And the server has to get updates about that... Server controls the clients FPS IN A VERY real way. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183348-What-is-bottlenecking-my-PC

What? This has nothing to do with that massive thread about poor performance with high end machines. Everything in multiplayer is desynced.

It's not unplayable. A decent server machine will still give you ideal playability.

Cited from SPOTREP #00031:

"Removed: Guaranteed networking messaging (not just disabled). This may just be temporary while we address issues with this low-level networking feature.

Fixed: Stack overflow crash

Fixed: Missing console logging on servers"

Cited from SITREP #00072:

"The fight against multiplayer issues continues. On Friday we published the 1.28 hotfix (the version had to be increased because of removing the new network messaging). In terms of technology, this brings the netcode back to the 1.24 state."

"On top of things, the 1.28 version caused an incompatibility with the BattlEye anti-cheat client. A fix candidate for this is being tested on Steam's RC branch (access code: Hotfix128Arma3), and it will reach main branch as soon as we get confirmation it works. Our first priority now is restoring multiplayer to 1.24 performance. "

I am convinced you're a bot. You have got to be smoking something. Wrong forum/game? Hold on, let me check. No, game still broken and no patch.

If you have played the game recently, you would know what I'm talking about, on any server. Every player that is online knows the game is unplayable. There has been no patch or fix. It has been two weeks. We're waiting Bohemia...

I'm not a bot. They rolled back the update on September 2nd. If it's unplayable for you, fix your internet, computer, or your head. One of the 3 should help. You brought no insight to the table (making yourself look like a bot, btw). You just came here with a complaint, left it extremely rudely and expect Bohemia to magically know what to fix and how to fix it. You sir are the one smoking something. You try going through thousands of lines of code trying to find something that could be a single mistype, while trying to add new code for features that have been requested by other members of the community. I play arma 3 a lot. I've played 20 hours of it in the last week. I play multiplayer a lot. On public servers. I notice a small amount of desync when player-counts get high, but that's it. My PC is 3 years old. I get about 30 FPS. End of story. That's what I get.

Please bring an actual argument when you come to debate. It leaves me with nothing to rebuttal to.

Also, make sure you respond to everything, else you make it seem like you're dropping an argument (I.E. Saying I'm right).

And once again. Please do your research. Here's a link to the changelog: http://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00031.

---------- Post added at 02:59 ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 ----------

I would like to point out here, that server machines (normally) are better equipped to handle this kind of load. If a server machine isn't, that's not the games' fault.

I'm not a bot. They rolled back the update on September 2nd. If it's unplayable for you, fix your internet, computer, or your head. One of the 3 should help. You brought no insight to the table (making yourself look like a bot, btw). You just came here with a complaint, left it extremely rudely and expect Bohemia to magically know what to fix and how to fix it. You sir are the one smoking something. You try going through thousands of lines of code trying to find something that could be a single mistype, while trying to add new code for features that have been requested by other members of the community. I play arma 3 a lot. I've played 20 hours of it in the last week. I play multiplayer a lot. On public servers. I notice a small amount of desync when player-counts get high, but that's it. My PC is 3 years old. I get about 30 FPS. End of story. That's what I get.

Please bring an actual argument when you come to debate. It leaves me with nothing to rebuttal to.

Also, make sure you respond to everything, else you make it seem like you're dropping an argument (I.E. Saying I'm right).

And once again. Please do your research. Here's a link to the changelog: http://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00031.

---------- Post added at 02:59 ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 ----------

I would like to point out here, that server machines (normally) are better equipped to handle this kind of load. If a server machine isn't, that's not the games' fault.

Your argument is somewhat in the minority as Bohemia's business model has been proven time and time again to focus mainly on features, and denying any existence of their products being broken. Take Dayz for example. I wasted $30 bucks on something that has progressively gotten worse, yet, they continue to focus and market their new door sounds. If their product is broken, as of right now -it is, is it unfair to expect them to fix it? If I break one of my clients products, I am expected to stay on the clock until it is fixed. It has been over 2 weeks and everybody is wondering if the game has been abandoned. I'm sure you are generalizing your single player experience with what is going on in the MP world.

The released patch is the patch that has further exaggerated the desync issue. I'm not sure which game you're playing, but it certainly isn't Arma3. I jumped on last night at around midnight, only to find various servers desync'd. Let me clear up some details about a few players machines/connect, including myself.

I have 40/20Mbps internet - FX8350 OC'd to 4.5. 16gb Ram and a R9 280x.

A friend has 40/20Mpbs, I7 4770k, 16gb and a R9 280x.

Is it odd that my friend, myself, and every single person on every single server I have played is stuck desynced in intervals for unspecified lengths of time? Unfortunately for you, side/global chat still work, therefor you can get your own data by actually playing the game.

Here is the issue everybody (Everybody who plays Arma3 at the present time) is experiencing.

Every 10-20 minutes the server(s) [all of them] halts for about 2-10 minutes. At this time, the entire server is complaining in side/global chat that they cannot move, enter a vehicle, etc. It is an easy time for kills as choppers, vehicles and players are frozen in place until the messages synchronize. You can literally empty a full clip into a chopper pilot, players, etc and they will not know until they suddenly die when the messages have finished synchronizing.

This isn't just me, and if you think it is, why don't you jump onto a king of the hill server, any one of them and wait about 45 seconds. I just proved you wrong by reading my side/global chat, as there is a steady list of complaints about the desync being typed out as of right now....

You would have to be crazy to think its the servers, game modes and multi-player that is the problem. The game is broken every 10 minutes for an unspecified amount of time, are you seriously contesting this fact right now?

In case you're wondering what desync is, here is a reecent youtube video i have found showing what all players experience.

Edited by bigsyke

Your argument is somewhat in the minority as Bohemia's business model has been proven time and time again to focus mainly on features, and denying any existence of their products being broken. Take Dayz for example. I wasted $30 bucks on something that has progressively gotten worse, yet, they continue to focus and market their new door sounds. If their product is broken, as of right now -it is, is it unfair to expect them to fix it? If I break one of my clients products, I am expected to stay on the clock until it is fixed. It has been over 2 weeks and everybody is wondering if the game has been abandoned. I'm sure you are generalizing your single player experience with what is going on in the MP world.

The released patch is the patch that has further exaggerated the desync issue. I'm not sure which game you're playing, but it certainly isn't Arma3. I jumped on last night at around midnight, only to find various servers desync'd. Let me clear up some details about a few players machines/connect, including myself.

I have 40/20Mbps internet - FX8350 OC'd to 4.5. 16gb Ram and a R9 280x.

A friend has 40/20Mpbs, I7 4770k, 16gb and a R9 280x.

Is it odd that my friend, myself, and every single person on every single server I have played is stuck desynced in intervals for unspecified lengths of time? Unfortunately for you, side/global chat still work, therefor you can get your own data by actually playing the game.

Here is the issue everybody (Everybody who plays Arma3 at the present time) is experiencing.

Every 10-20 minutes the server(s) [all of them] halts for about 2-10 minutes. At this time, the entire server is complaining in side/global chat that they cannot move, enter a vehicle, etc. It is an easy time for kills as choppers, vehicles and players are frozen in place until the messages synchronize. You can literally empty a full clip into a chopper pilot, players, etc and they will not know until they suddenly die when the messages have finished synchronizing.

This isn't just me, and if you think it is, why don't you jump onto a king of the hill server, any one of them and wait about 45 seconds. I just proved you wrong by reading my side/global chat, as there is a steady list of complaints about the desync being typed out as of right now....

You would have to be crazy to think its the servers, game modes and multi-player that is the problem. The game is broken every 10 minutes for an unspecified amount of time, are you seriously contesting this fact right now?

In case you're wondering what desync is, here is a reecent youtube video i have found showing what all players experience.

My intial argument (which you seem to have failed to grasp) is that they are working on it, and that they have rolled back the initial patch. At this moment in time, I play about 10 hours on multiplayer, and 5 in the editor. I have experienced (on servers with relatively high population counts) such a trend. However, on servers with less than around 25-30 people, I find any events like the one described to be either minimal or non-existant. And as for the released patch, the rollback caused a battle-eye issue (which as far as mp is concerned, means more desync). I'm not sure if they've released a new battle-eye patch yet, but it has been publicly stated time and time again that MP performance is a top priority. I would like you to refer to the dev-branch change-log so you can see what changes are being made. Also realize that they're just as human as you and that they have lives outside of Bohemia. Patches don't magically appear out of thin-air. Please realize that I'm not a person who hits the KOH servers or high-pop servers often. I'm not a huge fan of public players. I have a group of guys that I normally do shit with and that's my favorite experience. So, my request is to accept that Bohemia Interactive is not some sort of machine, and that they will patch the game when they find the issue, test it in dev-branch and make sure that it does what it's supposed to, and then release that (along with a lot of other fixes) onto the stable branch. As a computer science student, I know from first hand experience that coding takes a lot of time, and debugging normally takes double that time.

Thank you, btw, for being much more polite this time. Hopefully, you can forgive me for being rude in return, I just happen to be a person who gives back what I get.

My intial argument (which you seem to have failed to grasp) is that they are working on it, and that they have rolled back the initial patch. At this moment in time, I play about 10 hours on multiplayer, and 5 in the editor. I have experienced (on servers with relatively high population counts) such a trend. However, on servers with less than around 25-30 people, I find any events like the one described to be either minimal or non-existant. And as for the released patch, the rollback caused a battle-eye issue (which as far as mp is concerned, means more desync). I'm not sure if they've released a new battle-eye patch yet, but it has been publicly stated time and time again that MP performance is a top priority. I would like you to refer to the dev-branch change-log so you can see what changes are being made. Also realize that they're just as human as you and that they have lives outside of Bohemia. Patches don't magically appear out of thin-air. Please realize that I'm not a person who hits the KOH servers or high-pop servers often. I'm not a huge fan of public players. I have a group of guys that I normally do shit with and that's my favorite experience. So, my request is to accept that Bohemia Interactive is not some sort of machine, and that they will patch the game when they find the issue, test it in dev-branch and make sure that it does what it's supposed to, and then release that (along with a lot of other fixes) onto the stable branch. As a computer science student, I know from first hand experience that coding takes a lot of time, and debugging normally takes double that time.

Thank you, btw, for being much more polite this time. Hopefully, you can forgive me for being rude in return, I just happen to be a person who gives back what I get.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I did manage to join a few different game types, which the desync issue is nearly non-existent presently. It may just be the KoH servers, as I am having some friends report the desync seems to only be with the various servers (KoH).

I do apologize for making assumptions, as I was proven wrong shortly after I posted.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I did manage to join a few different game types, which the desync issue is nearly non-existent presently. It may just be the KoH servers, as I am having some friends report the desync seems to only be with the various servers (KoH).

I do apologize for making assumptions, as I was proven wrong shortly after I posted.

Hey, it's all good. I'm glad you found some playable servers. Just remember that research always goes a longer way than assumptions.

Best regards,

Devil