Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Quick impressions& screenshot galore

Better lubrication will avoid resistance smile.gif

Boom boom. confused.gif

Placebo, you can be quite crude sometimes. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 28 2002,23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ June 28 2002,12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So what new weapons and vehicles?<span id='postcolor'>

There's a list at OFP CZ.<span id='postcolor'>

that lists not very big.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ June 28 2002,11:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So what new weapons and vehicles?

So far i see Glock, Silenced Uzi, Skorpion, Hokum, Motorcyle and bus...have I missed any?<span id='postcolor'>

Beretta, FN FAL, HK G3A4....

And somebody post a pic of the map in the editor, please biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

biggrin.gif OH my God those shots look beautiful. Much better than all the official screens I've seen before. BTW what are your system specs Satchel? I will be well pleased if it looks like that on mine.

Hmm, looks good...

Might have to upgrade my Geforce 2 64MB video card to get hte most out of it...

BTW, you guys in Europe don't know how lucky you are, the release date in Australia is July 10! mad.gif

Complete list of new added wepons:

"Handguns:"

Beretta-92

Glock-17

Tula Tokarev TT-33

Ceska Zbrojovka CZ-75

and Samopal vz.61 Skorpion

"Rifles:"

Fabrique NAcional Fusil Automatique Legere aka FN-FAL

Heckler und Koch Gewehr 3 A4 aka HK G3A4

Silenced UZI

WOW!! wow.gif Thanks for the screens man! I was really impressed about the landscapes with the bridges (Especially that long one). Love it! Only I must run OFP Resistance on low specs sad.gif Life sucks. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 28 2002,14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

OK, so we're just left without knowing the Jeep make and model.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

It`s something like Jeep CJ-5 smile.gif

That´s MALDEN!? wow.gifwow.gif

Satchel what CPU do you have?

I wonder how it will work with my 1 ghz, 256 mb ram, radeon 8500 system...I can´t have it on very high, I suppose confused.gif

Damn..I really should upgrade my system...and get OFPR!

tounge.gif

Thx for the pics.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Araon @ June 28 2002,15:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It`s something like Jeep CJ-5 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think it's safe to say we have a match!

OFP's CJ5

Offroad CJ5

Offroad CJ5

how about the editor-names for the weapons and ammo ?

theavonlady: hope you like my UZI :-). I have shot few bullets from those guns and i really do like them :-) I prefered classic army version but this one is so cool :-)

Btw do you know that mrs. Uziel Gal, constructor of UZI  have "stolen" design of this weapon from czechs SMG Vz.23/24/25?

http://www.scifi.sk/Matrix/vz_25_a_24.jpg

http://www.scifi.sk/Matrix/vz_23.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Erex @ June 28 2002,16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">theavonlady: hope you like my UZI :-). I have shot few bullets from those guns and i really do like them :-) I prefered classic army version but this one is so cool :-)

Btw do you know that mrs. Uziel Gal, constructor of UZI  have "stolen" design of this weapon from czechs SMG Vz.23/24/25?

http://www.scifi.sk/Matrix/vz_25_a_24.jpg

http://www.scifi.sk/Matrix/vz_23.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Well, when I get mt copy of Resistance, I'll let you know. tounge.gif

Actually, from the pics it looks terrific. Pity you didn't make a non-silenced version at the same time. Seems like such a simple thing to do.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Btw do you know that mrs. Uziel Gal,<span id='postcolor'>

That would be "Mr." - not "Mrs.".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">constructor of UZI have "stolen" design of this weapon from czechs SMG Vz.23/24/25?<span id='postcolor'>

Also mentioned at Encyclopedia Britannica

More info at History of the Uzi.

I'm a little sketchy on how the multiplayer handles this high detail scenery. Does whatever the server is set to get enforced on clients? What happens when one player has terrain detail on very high, and another has it on low?

Essentially, what stops one person from taking cover in a terrain bump that doesn't exist on another person's PC.

The view distance and terrain detail settings dont seem to do anything at multiplayer

The high detail terrain only takes effect in Singleplayer. If you have downloaded the 1.60 test, you will have noticed that the option to crank up the terrain detail is in the options screen, but it takes no effect in multiplayer. Problem solved smile.gif

placebo,

Thanks for keeping Satchel's post online! biggrin.gif Some of us have to wait so this will help to tide us over till it shows up! wink.gif

Is its just me, or do some parts of malden that used to be semi-flat look a little like a motocross track? I imageine that whould hinder large scale tank battles, but at the same time make them fun and hide-and-go seek like.

Hello.

This is my first post on the forum, and I have a little questions.

I have see on the OFP:R screen's the SKOT 2AP. Wher is it??

I havn't see it on the vechicle list??

P.S. Sorry for my english confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Forrestal @ June 29 2002,01:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello.

This is my first post on the forum, and I have a little questions.

I have see on the OFP:R screen's the SKOT 2AP. Wher is it??

I havn't see it on the vechicle list??

P.S. Sorry for my english confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hi,

i assume what you´ve seen was an inofficial addon, as the SKOT 2AP is not part of Resistance.

The new vehicles in OFP:R are;

- Helicopter V-80

- Civilian Bus

- Police Jeep

- Motorbike

New weapons:

- FN-FAL

- HK G3A4

- UZI

- Tokarev T33

- CZ75

- Skorpion Sa61

- Glock 17

- Beretta 92F

He ysatchel;, where can i find the FN-FAL and the HK G3A4, I just cant find them in the editor !!

Maybe you should release that apache of yours along with resitance... sounds like a good idea to me biggrin.gif