Sign in to follow this  
sgtsev3n

what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?

what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?

• 1. AI Bugs (Bad Driving, Aiming/Aimbotting, See through grass/bushes etc)
    • 2. Low CPU utilization & Low FPS (SP/MP)
    • 3. Multiplayer Servers with RPG, Altis life, Zombie & Similar gamemodes.
    • 4. Missing Features.

Keep the AI use a caching script which will allow you to have the AI you want but the AI wont be there until your within range.

:j:

Already built into A3 via simulation manager if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: One thing I will say for A3, its head and shoulders above A2 for setting out a mission, with lots less scripting required, all those modules, would have liked to see those in A2 in the past.

Edited by ChrisB

BIS incredibly worsened (since godawful PMC/ACR DLC) cash-grabbing laziness.

Almost two years post release and ArmA3 is still as dumbed down and lacking tons of content as ever.

But hey $16 for 2 choppers in a game where every nation uses the same APC.

Lets be honest about the Performance shall we because 200 AI unit its not my problem. My game is typically:

6 players

30 AI

1-5 vehicles

on Altis

Performance result on a 3930k with 970 = 20-35 fps. The only time we see 60 is when we aren't anywhere interesting. If you go near a town or a forest it drops. You don't even need anything in the map for this to be the case.

I was concerned that maybe our mods were causing the issue, so I launched the game vanilla and went to the same places with nothing there and sure enough performance tanked. GPU usage is below 20%, one CPU core is maxed out and the frame rate was awful. The game has a problem, a really serious one. 30 fps is bad in this game because its an FPS, it needs a minimum of 45 really and because most people don't have gsync like I do 60 is what it needs. 20 just isn't good enough and you can see it just walking around altias in the editor on your own without even playing multiplayer.

If you go play altis life or wasteland or any of the other multiplayer modes with 60 players you can get down into the 10-15 fps range on a regular basis. That isn't playable, I am astonished people are still around playing the game at this, its a slide show.

I am not complaining about 200 AI and 60 player performance, I am complaining about 1 player on the editor performance. The game needs to be fixed asap.

Fps drop, absolutely. It's the most freaking annoying thing and modders can't do nothing about it.

I have to choose 1? That's impossible.

- I guess poor performance is #1. If the game is not smooth, you can't really have too much fun.

- I hate when the avatar stands up from prone if you crawl onto a stone

- I hate the action menu and the fact it still has many things that shouldn't be there

- I hate how absolutely useless the AI is at range (standing in the open, standing-prone-crouching all day long) but absolutely deadly at medium and close range (shooting from behind bushes and through walls)

- I hate that BI is trying to make a very crappy and featureless Launcher while things like Arma3Sync already does everything way better - they should probably just collaborate to make it integrated officially

- I hate that the server browser is the same as it was 10 years ago, not allowing you to filter out things you don't care about (like Altis Life) but instead forces you to filter in only the specific game mode or server name. What's the point of Favoriting (Adding a star) if you can't filter by favorites-only?

- I hate how zooming in and out causes the engine to load different sprites/textures for trees and bushes, making things that should be static become dynamic and confusing your vision (I tried setting SceneComplexity to 2000000 and although it did improve it, the effect wasn't solved entirely - and also the game crashed)

- I hate how unpolished and clunky a lot of animations are:

Raising/Lowering the gun while moving locks you in the moving direction even if you release the movement key

Cannot move while switching weapon, I guess we have to pay $19.99 for the Switching Weapons While Moving DLC

Vaulting, are you serious

There's more but this post is getting too long and nobody from the development team is going to care anyway.

Dwarden, fix your game pls m8

Edited by BullHorn
reduced profanity

BullHorn. I agree with everything you wrote.

You won't have to pay anything for a feature like switching weapons while moving as all game features are free.

This is not the MOST annoying thing for me, but it makes me giggle almos every time i play the game, because i encounter it very often.

Any experienced 3D animation artist should know you should never ever significantly retime motion capture data. If you do need to change speed of the animation, then it is also appropriate to do new motion capture to fit the speed of required segment. I would understand the difficulty if the motion capture was done elsewhere and shipped, but BIS constantly boast about their on-site mocap room, so they should use it!

What i am talking about you ask, right? Well i am talking about those ridiculously funny idle walk animations! :D

Someone probably on the last minute tweaked the speed of safe walk mode, but did not bother to get new mocap for it. Just used the old one and sped it up. As the result, all the soldiers, when walking with their guns down, look like they just pooped their pants and are hurrying to the toiled while trying not to smear the poop around too much :D

I think BI gave away all their assets to BIS so they could make a good game for the US army. We don't deserve quality anyway, we're not paying as much as them...

Dwarden, pls.

What i am talking about you ask, right? Well i am talking about those ridiculously funny idle walk animations! :D

Someone probably on the last minute tweaked the speed of safe walk mode, but did not bother to get new mocap for it. Just used the old one and sped it up. As the result, all the soldiers, when walking with their guns down, look like they just pooped their pants and are hurrying to the toiled while trying not to smear the poop around too much :D

The animations were quite alright in the beginning, but around a year ago they tweaked the movement speeds a lot. They actually were even faster at one point. :)

I guess redoing mocaps isn't BI priority.

Third:

NO SINGLEPLAYER RESPAWN! come on BI, 13 years and no SP respawn ?

I bet it is a mission design decision.

VBS has support for underground structures (bunkers, ditches, trenches, etc, there's a cool video on youtube), also some A2 Dayz mods and maps had that but were a little buggy, i guess it's doable though.

Aye, I've seen some amazing things for undergrounds in VBS mate, but I'd rather not have them at all in NOVA ZONA (RV4) than have them being buggy/glitchy.

If we could get the underground support that VBS has- oh happy happy day... I'd riddle NOVA ZONA with catacombs galore...

I chose content. It's just not fun to play when everything feels the exact same, just with a different model and texture, and even then, some of them are just modified (MXC, MXM, MX MG.) ArmA II was fun because each force had both good things and bad things going for them, but now in ArmA III everything is literally the exact same. ArmA III has four different factions, each having their counterpart that uses an extremely similar rifle chambered in the same caliber with the same variations. The vehicles and static weapons all use the same GPMGs, HMGs, GMGs, auto-cannons, and so on and so forth. I just want some variety, and not the variety that means "America immediately went pants-on-head retarded and replaced the M1A2SEPv2 Abrams with the Merkava and the Bradley with the Namer" so much as the "America continued to further their working designs, looked back and adopted good ideas they tossed out, and spearheaded the design of new devices!"

VBS has support for underground structures (bunkers, ditches, trenches, etc, there's a cool video on youtube), also some A2 Dayz mods and maps had that but were a little buggy, i guess it's doable though.

It's just sculpting the terrain so your laboratory model fan fit in and doesn't appear clipping when distant.