Sign in to follow this  
sgtsev3n

what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?

what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?

• 1. AI Bugs (Bad Driving, Aiming/Aimbotting, See through grass/bushes etc)
    • 2. Low CPU utilization & Low FPS (SP/MP)
    • 3. Multiplayer Servers with RPG, Altis life, Zombie & Similar gamemodes.
    • 4. Missing Features.

Action menu. A close second is the modelling of almost all the iron sights being disproportionately small or in some cases nonsensical (Rahim and MK20 for example).

The most annoying things for me at the moment are just problems with existing content...I want to see some serious focus on these before we get more DLC or other new things that are just going to add more bugs:

Tank physics (and vehicle physX in general) need some serious love.

Sound engine needs some serious attention.

Crappy mid range textures that we have a fix for that devs seem to ignore.

And general stupid bugs that need fixing: eg glowing fences in FLIR/ Keyboard commands activating while using chat / etc / : there are a lot of these big bugs you run into EVERY time you play the game that sit unfixed for months.

The only feature that is causing me annoyance is lack of Weapon resting.....

Without question it would be the mid and long distance terrain textures and lack of shadows especially when duking it out via scopes. I really hope they fix this once and for all via the Marksman DLC or else sniper wars won't be all that exciting.

This does look strange when viewing a soldier at say 500m, they stand out like a sore thumb when in reality it should be harder to see someone so far away. There was a midtex mod that seemed to address the textures a bit, but good luck finding a populated server that allows it to be active... again about the mod integration.

The implausible 'near future' setting. For me the series' appeal has always been about immersing yourself in true-to-life situations.

Beyond that there are a whole heap of technical annoyances.

I don't know but are there any other games that can do automated mod downloading in terms of MP server? I also wish for a better server browser but I would somehow prefer the ability to 'save the server' and then I manage my own mods, tbh honest I don't think it gets any easier adding a mod to Arma, you place the @folder into the game directory and activate in the game menu.

I'm not sure but I remember playing either rainbow 6 "rouge spear" back in the day or maybey it was BF2 but I 'm fairly sure one of those games had that feature where it just auto loaded mods when needed. I know there is Play with Six which does a decent job of mod management (with some initial effort to discover to how the interface actually works) but IMHO players should not have download 3rd party software just to manage mods. Still though PWS is good.

The implausible 'near future' setting. For me the series' appeal has always been about immersing yourself in true-to-life situations.

I used to think the same thing but only 2 things turned that right around for me:

1) a good sound mod. (SoS or JSRS) you wouldn't think so but this makes the weapons sound normal and current

2) 1rst person , not trying to start a debate, but it just feels more immersive and real to me.

Try those 2 and it doesn't feel very futuristic at all, still normal ballistics and relatively normal machinery.

T

To be fair, they are addressing the issue of AI pathfinding. Not sure if they posted about it here but there was a tweet sent out by BI a couple days ago.

My biggest gripe is AI and how...well, shit it is.

As an offline player, the ridiculous, nonsensical, cartoon driving speed of AI vehicles from Quads to tanks.

Close call, but... Action Menu. And user interface/input in general.

I.e. Why do we need F1-F12 just to select units? This could be done with a single key and a menu. (Like this Fallout Mod, you press one key to open the menu, and the rest is done via mouse, works perfectly)

Same stupidity swapped over to DayZ Standalone btw. F1-F12 are one hand signal each! Why the hell do I have to remember twelve keys, when it could be done with one key and a menu. (Like suggested by a user here)

This area needs some serious reconstruction by BIS, we are running out of keys on the keyboard. :(

most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?
The Developers itself ........13years and no step forwards xD

I.e. Why do we need F1-F12 just to select units? This could be done with a single key and a menu. (Like this Fallout Mod, you press one key to open the menu, and the rest is done via mouse, works perfectly)

Same stupidity swapped over to DayZ Standalone btw. F1-F12 are one hand signal each! Why the hell do I have to remember twelve keys, when it could be done with one key and a menu. (Like suggested by a user here)

Especially with the steam screenshot key being F12... Every time I try to command a larger squad I take a screenshot. I know I can change the steam key but then I'll forget about it or accidently put it on another key already in use by Arma. The problem is that the squad command system is so complicated and insanely inefficient. I only use it to change behaviour or issue movement/stop commands. Even the "quick" context menu is pretty much crap, especially when you try to assign a target or want some medic to treat another squadmate - it's just too fiddly. When I try to command my squad in combat I usually die within seconds because it takes too much time and it is too complex.

Yea, same problem here. For me F10 is Mute Teamspeak, F11 is Screenshot, F12 is video recording. I just don't have any other spare keys left for those. Doesn't happen very often in COOP, but when, it's madness with large groups. :D

, it's just... pleasant... to use. :)

There is much to be learned from the Fallout and Skyrim modding community, they have come up with some great stuff.

Close call, but... Action Menu. And user interface/input in general.

This area needs some serious reconstruction by BIS, we are running out of keys on the keyboard. :(

I've been wondering and suggested the same in alpha. Not just unit selection but unit commanding can be moved under one key that brings up a menu like you said. It also helps so you don't need to remember what command is under what number because you can see it in the menu. That way you don't need to remember multiple keys.

Games that have quick command/shout menus like Wolfenstein and CS show how things should work if someone doesn't know what I mean. In those games you can use number keys for both commands/shouts and weapon selection with zero problems.

That and the action menu are one of the core problems in Arma and if they're not addressed in the A4 then Bohemia is really lazy. At least UI system is getting redone in DayZ and I hope they make it right there.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I voted for 4 as the other 3 points don't effect me.

1 - i don't use AI as i solely play PvP

2 - i get good FPS when i play Arma3 as i have a decent Computer Set-up. Im running everything on maximum with regards to graphics settings.

3 - i only tend to play King of the Hill or on my Squads Server so i don't find it an issue.

Yea, same problem here. For me F10 is Mute Teamspeak, F11 is Screenshot, F12 is video recording. I just don't have any other spare keys left for those. Doesn't happen very often in COOP, but when, it's madness with large groups. :D

, it's just... pleasant... to use. :)

There is much to be learned from the Fallout and Skyrim modding community, they have come up with some great stuff.

Im not sure about TS but you can set Key+Key for Steam screenshot (I have Shift+Home I think).

4. Missing Features...

lack of: Content - womens, furniture, weapons model collision, civilian helis; planes; buses; boats;taxis; bikes

Engine - 3d scopes, ballistics, better sound, real terrain (craters formed by explosions), better ragdoll (falling due to explosions;blast wave, high caliber gunshots) and so on...

Can people pissing on what people want to play be considered annoying?

Personally though, it's AI for me. Something about placing AI in a convoy and trying to keep it in a certain order, followed by them all rearranging with the tanks in the front and the VIP open in the back makes me want to call an airstrike in on every single one of them.

Can people pissing on what people want to play be considered annoying?

Personally though, it's AI for me. Something about placing AI in a convoy and trying to keep it in a certain order, followed by them all rearranging with the tanks in the front and the VIP open in the back makes me want to call an airstrike in on every single one of them.

I haven't really tested this on ground vehicles but...when you line-up the convoy, do you set them as "In formation"? I avoid that setting, especially for planes/choppers. That makes them spawn in weird places and all kinds of strange stuff. So I use "in the air" or most likely "none" (if spawn is in airport or on ground). This way the unit spawns where I put it and the plane-convoy is lined up in the order I put em. Yeah, I like planes and bombs and watching things blow up =)

Never really had any of these issues.

I micro manage my AI like a Korean Starcraft 2 pro, so I never have to many issues with them not reacting to a threat. The only real issue I have had is the AI not STFU when I'm trying to give orders, or in PvP situations were my guy decides he needs to shout out every enemy unit he says to my AI acrossed the map. Honestly if anything, I would like a few more commands, mainly dealing with getting them out of "watch this direction" states. As well as a possible, "silence coms" command.

I definitely think the game is lacking assets though. I don't care for porting modern/Arma 2 based assets into 3, as I like to embrace the future warfare concept. But I do think it is missing those "We don't use them, but you might" assets. Like HQ Command vehicles, Medivac helicopters, civilian service vehicles(Ambluences, firetrucks.) Proper gover

Never really had any of these issues.

I micro manage my AI like a Korean Starcraft 2 pro, so I never have to many issues with them not reacting to a threat. The only real issue I have had is the AI not STFU when I'm trying to give orders, or in PvP situations were my guy decides he needs to shout out every enemy unit he says to my AI acrossed the map. Honestly if anything, I would like a few more commands, mainly dealing with getting them out of "watch this direction" states. As well as a possible, "silence coms" command.

I definitely think the game is lacking assets though. I don't care for porting modern/Arma 2 based assets into 3, as I like to embrace the future warfare concept. But I do think it is missing those "We don't use them, but you might" assets. Like HQ Command vehicles, Medivac helicopters, civilian service vehicles(Ambluences, firetrucks.) Proper gover

Shuts up AI, completely. Which incidentally makes them fire at enemies faster.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18879

To me, the multiplayer aspect kills it. There's only one Patrol Ops server which is semi-active. I have to wonder what goes through the Altis Life players' head; 'I bought the most realistic infantry simulation available on the mainstream market and I'm going to roleplay a civilian collecting apples'.

This Altis Life shit is really ridiculous, cant understand why so many people wants to be stopped by headset wanking 14 y old kid and thinking he is "Mr Law and Order" or something like that. Altis Life is a plague in my opinion, epidemic content with many infected. A solution is medically not possible. Too bad :(

This relic of the past. The action menu. It's annoying, it's ancient, it limits ArmA.

That and the AI column driving, which was previously mentioned.

what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3?

missing option:

5. complaints and flamebaits.

SCNR.

This relic of the past. The action menu. It's annoying, it's ancient, it limits ArmA.

+ 80 000 000