Sign in to follow this  
sgtsev3n

what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?

what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?

• 1. AI Bugs (Bad Driving, Aiming/Aimbotting, See through grass/bushes etc)
    • 2. Low CPU utilization & Low FPS (SP/MP)
    • 3. Multiplayer Servers with RPG, Altis life, Zombie & Similar gamemodes.
    • 4. Missing Features.

Friendly AI who don't follow orders, can't shoot worth a damn, and get wiped out by enemy AI 15 minutes into a mission, leaving you to complete the mission solo.

really? all the more pressing issues in the game and aesthetics is your biggest gripe?

I love arma, but that doesn't mean it could still be improved. There are so many things that are far more important that need to be fixed soon, not just the way the enemy helmet looks.

Yes, that's the thing that annoys me the most, but even thats not a gripe, other than that there always has been and always will be things that need fixing with Arma, but Arma 3 runs pretty smooth on my system and in general I'm still happily entertained with all the different avenues the game offers, it's not like there aren't things that bug me, just I see the glass half full.

All of above :p

really? all the more pressing issues in the game and aesthetics is your biggest gripe?

I love arma, but that doesn't mean it could still be improved. There are so many things that are far more important that need to be fixed soon, not just the way the enemy helmet looks.

Essentially every feature looks and behaves like its unfinished, yet the production of dlc keeps driving ahead. thb at the point in time it is no wonder that more than half of the arma community have left and either still play arma 2 or have moved to other games instead.

Edited by Bigpickle

Yes the situation is strange...

p.s. about DLCs (it is a long time till "Marksman-DLC" but now for my taste weapon handling and combat is a bit off...), hope BI take a look!

For me at the moment its Autospot = 0; still doesnt work in MP and hasn't worked in MP since OFP.

Why am i not surprised?

Of course the AI. It is so disappointing when you see/feel an AI bug.

My second vote would be the Action Menu.

There's a thought danczer the action menu, didn't think of that one yeah.

Also on the subject of the marksman/sniper dlc, personally i cant think of anything more unbalancing and destructing to online play than MORE long range weapons with such a small selection of close/mid range weapons, its the polar opposite of what the community want, i mean 4 factions all sharing 1 lmg and 1 gpmg so of course its logical what we need is more snipers :confused:

What you guys think about that one?

In fact what do you think in general about the dlc production?, do you like me, feel you'd rather have the game at a more completed state before you are willing to part with more of your cash?

Also on the subject of the marksman/sniper dlc, personally i cant think of anything more unbalancing and destructing to online play than MORE long range weapons with such a small selection of close/mid range weapons, its the polar opposite of what the community want, i mean 4 factions all sharing 1 lmg and 1 gpmg so of course its logical what we need is more snipers :confused:

In fact what do you think in general about the dlc production?, do you like me, feel you'd rather have the game at a more completed state before you are willing to part with more of your cash?

i think that BI should start working first on the CPU/FPS problem incl. 64 bit support.

then they should start working on the AI because these 2 are problems which exist since OFP (also since over 10 years).

then they should rework the current content and add new content.

then they can do the fixes, tweaks etc for the smaller things.

My biggest issue revolves around completely stagnent features. Things that have needed entirely rebuilt since OFP days, but haven't seen nearly the attention they need. Such as the action menu, and the god awful AI pathfinding and driving.

I really hope that the expansion takes advantage of DayZ's new nav mesh technology.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

i think that BI should start working first on the CPU/FPS problem incl. 64 bit support.

64-bit support won't do anything at all for the CPU/FPS problem. The only solution to that is decoupling the rendering engine from the simulation engine the way DayZ intends to.

Well tbh I couldn't care less about the Marksman dlc,although I'm looking forward to Heli dlc because I hope it will also add improvements to the AI flying these things apart from flight model or some new choppers.

I agree with you though,before expansion/big addon we should see radical improvements to AI pathfinding,we waited more than a decade.If it doesn't happen it's obvious they don't care and never will.

lack of feedback when hitting targets (fleshy and non fleshy). tpw fall and mao's blood mod combined make shooitng feel much more rewarding. bullets do the same damage but the feedback is better. the extreme impact and effects of projectile weapons needs to be made closer to expected.

action menu.

generic weapon handling. all weapons feel so similar. believe marksman dlc will sort this out though.

generic damage handling. needs to be more specific.

Feel the same so I use GL4/5 just for the blood spatter effect. Well that and the fires. And the cool richochets, and the...

Well everything in OP's post of course. Also...

The way the inventory keeps opening on a single weapon while I'm on top of a dead body gets on my nerves. I think they ought to take the vicinity system from DayZ. Moreover having to equip a weapon to remove its attachments is just lame.

20-30mm HE rounds, and smaller calibers are underpowered. I just want to Alt+f4 when 20mm He rounds are raining and I see Persians sustain direct hits even.

The action menu is horrible. They gotta get rid of it eventually.

And in no particular order... Working bipods, weapon resting, tactical reload, last bullet in chamber, different looking magazines, authentic and immersive weapon handling animations, switching weapons on the move and better hit feedbacks.

Edited by dunedain

The bullet hit animations and some ragdoll deaths. Sometimes i like ArmA 2 hit and death animations more

OK, about DLCs. I really dont understand.

How can something involving shooting mechanic (i guess "shooting mechanic" forms a core of a simulator like ARMA) be a DLC? Some people will play with "normal" ARMA "shooting mechanic" and those who will buy a DLC will have more advanced shooting gameplay enabled? Do we have now two simulators in one? Two gameplay styles in one? Confusion?

I really hope some logical thinking will go into evolution of ARMA series. (Develop a sound and comprehensive gameplay mechanic - for everyone, use DLCs for quality content distribution)

What do you think?

OK, about DLCs. I really dont understand.

How can something involving shooting mechanic (i guess "shooting mechanic" forms a core of a simulator like ARMA) be a DLC? Some people will play with "normal" ARMA "shooting mechanic" and those who will buy a DLC will have more advanced shooting gameplay enabled? Do we have now two simulators in one? Two gameplay styles in one? Confusion?

They repeated several times that the features will be given to everyone for the helicopter dlc. It's safe to presume it's gonna be the same with the marksman one. Only thing you get by buying the DLCs will be weapons and vehicles.

Guest Ti0n3r

EVERYTHING involving friendly AIs driving any vehicle.

alt+f4 ftw

I really hope some logical thinking will go into evolution of ARMA series. (Develop a sound and comprehensive gameplay mechanic - for everyone, use DLCs for quality content distribution)

This is what is already happening, so I guess you get your wish.

4) Missing features:

For me it's lack of Mod implementation and the whole Multiplayer server menu . It should be much more easy for players with less experience to load and use mods.(they should load or unload automatically depending on the server specifications).

Enter Server: "you need this mod "…" to play in this game mode.. download now Yes/no."

All mods get downloaded to one central folder on HDD, to be activated or deactivated depending on the server specs. Am I crazy or is this not very hard at all to do?

4) Missing features:

For me it's lack of Mod implementation and the whole Multiplayer server menu . It should be much more easy for players with less experience to load and use mods.(they should load or unload automatically depending on the server specifications).

Enter Server: "you need this mod "…" to play in this game mode.. download now Yes/no."

All mods get downloaded to one central folder on HDD, to be activated or deactivated depending on the server specs. Am I crazy or is this not very hard at all to do?

I have no idea if it's hard or easy for BIS to do, but I don't think anything is easy in this field, any change or update to this or any other game must be very complex, I'm just guessing? It would need some logic to figure out if you already have the Mod downloaded and just not activated, then should it give you an option first because you may already have the 1gig mod downloaded but on another drive? Mod versions..

I don't know but are there any other games that can do automated mod downloading in terms of MP server? I also wish for a better server browser but I would somehow prefer the ability to 'save the server' and then I manage my own mods, tbh honest I don't think it gets any easier adding a mod to Arma, you place the @folder into the game directory and activate in the game menu.

I just wish there were some BIS sponsored servers with some default gameplay modes catering for a wide taste of gameplay styles, but then if they somehow enabled that their would be screens of hate in this forum as "public servers" are frowned upon by ze elites... I've more or less given up playing MP again but writing this made me want to "have another look".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoM9gSgBPcM&feature=youtu.be

"Short" story:

Interaction between the avatar and environment is terrible (ie: sometimes forcing you to stand and thus killing you by putting the soldier in the line of fire; rolling over high obstacles), proper decals, physics (although it uses Physix 3.xx), lots of glitches through textures/objects, animations (as you can see, the game doesn't allow you to aim down if the avatar is on an angle on an obstacle), UI, etc. Surely I would add poor performance (when you actually make an ArmA game out if it) due to weak resources utilization; ancient MP browser and of course stupid, unresponsive, poorly managed through UI AI.

Still I love it for being somewhat unique. Hopefully BiS will fix it... or release ArmA 4 as a great, polished game from the start ASAP. ;)

:Runs away:

i forgot some options -.- sorry.

i should add action menu, ragdolls/physics are still not fully added.

The fact that one must stop to change weapon. Not just unrealistic but also game breaking.

You read my mind man, after being annoyed by this since ofp, now at arma 3 and this bug (as far as im concerned) is still here, just outright irritates me.

On the subject of DLC, at this stage, pushing out DLC without giving the community the fixes and changes we've been crying out for for many years, some of which are left over from OFP days or at very least some honest open dialog with those that care, means for me my hand goes nowhere near my pocket for bis again.

Without question it would be the mid and long distance terrain textures and lack of shadows especially when duking it out via scopes. I really hope they fix this once and for all via the Marksman DLC or else sniper wars won't be all that exciting.