Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Developer's Livestream

Tune in now for an unexpected Arma 3 Developer's Livestream with Associate Producer Matt Lightfoot and Designer Thomas Ryan: http://www.twitch.tv/arma3official

This entire afternoon they'll be playing through the 'Survive' Campaign Episode (beware of spoilers!). Join us live and ask us your questions #Arma3Live. We intend to stream more regularly in the future, so also be sure to follow the Arma 3 channel on Twitch!

Nice to see you guys streaming!

However, please consider NOT using NVenc/shadowplay as encoder. The quality is sub-par and creates like 0.5cm2 big JPEG-y pixly blocks when there's rapid movement (like in all FPS:es) and its looks quite ... well, bad and low res to be honest. It's very easy to test in OBS/Xsplit or any streaming software that can use NVenc.

CPU encoding is almost a must to get the quality needed for an official stream. Sad but true. :/

It will make the production look quite a bit more professional looking.

Just a friendly tip! :)

Nice to see you guys streaming!

However, please consider NOT using NVenc/shadowplay as encoder. The quality is sub-par and creates like 0.5cm2 big JPEG-y pixly blocks when there's rapid movement (like in all FPS:es) and its looks quite ... well, bad and low res to be honest. It's very easy to test in OBS/Xsplit or any streaming software that can use NVenc.

CPU encoding is almost a must to get the quality needed for an official stream. Sad but true. :/

It will make the production look quite a bit more professional looking.

Just a friendly tip! :)

Thanks for the tip. We'll look into it!

is there a Q&A from the livestream ? or in which hour/minute are they answer the questions ?

is there a Q&A from the livestream ? or in which hour/minute are they answer the questions ?

People asked questions in the chat all the time, some of them were answered there and some in the video.

People asked questions in the chat all the time, some of them were answered there and some in the video.

ok thx. it is true that the devs said in the livestream that they will add 64 bit support ? and did they said anything about the CPU problem (not using the full CPU cores/not all CPU cores) ?

ok thx. it is true that the devs said in the livestream that they will add 64 bit support ? and did they said anything about the CPU problem (not using the full CPU cores/not all CPU cores) ?

They said what has already been said before, they are working on it, but at this point it works fine in servers but it causes a CTD in the clients.

Watched the first hour or so, really nice to get Zipper5 commentary on the mission building process :) At one stage he said that he had streamed while making a mission, is that available somewhere to watch ?

-OP

Watched the first hour or so, really nice to get Zipper5 commentary on the mission building process :) At one stage he said that he had streamed while making a mission, is that available somewhere to watch ?

-OP

You probably mean this one

http://www.twitch.tv/zipper5/b/563598348

Yes, thats must be it, thanks a lot! But too bad that there is no sound until one hour in .... I get the music being copyrighted, but no speech? Kind of takes away the tutorial value :)

Yes, thats must be it, thanks a lot! But too bad that there is no sound until one hour in .... I get the music being copyrighted, but no speech? Kind of takes away the tutorial value :)

Yeah that doesn't make any sense, specially having in mind that is he publishing a video of himself... So I guess he has to authorize himself to publish his own voice? :rolleyes:

That remember's me when one of this fanatic copyrights groups fined a music band for playing their own songs for free. without asking them permission, in a solidarity concert.

hehe thats crazy. I guess twitch cut out all audio of the stream including the speak, really too bad not being able to follow the process.

Just a heads up, there's another stream happening in a few hours. Same channel as before, see the official Arma 3 site for details!

Well the quality of the Chat was much worse than last week, ther were also much more DayZ players and people attracted by the word giveaway there. Coincidence?

:outtahere:

Also nice to see that I´m not the only one for whom Arma sometimes runs a little bad^^

During the Stream I suggested that you guys should use some Mods during your next stream to showcase the modability of Arma (seriously ask Lord Jarhead if he will give you his Dragonfyre Mod for that ;) ). Matt asked if I was some guy from DayZ or something, sorry, couldn´t make that out clear enough. Well I´m not from DayZ but I visit this Forum here quite often :p

I guess they thought you were Tonic

That could be. The names are quite similiar.

No I´m not Tonic, but people often call me like that because they missread my Name (TonÄi is actually my real first name).

Edited by Tonci87

if you do zeus stuff again i'd suggest to mix it up by also showing a player perspective for a while. watching someone be zeus is not exactly exciting. i understand that you guys wanted to show off the base features and improvements but a whole stream of it is boring.

the most exciting part of zeus is experiencing it as a player.

just a suggestion for future streams. keep them coming :)

Well the quality of the Chat was much worse than last week, ther were also much more DayZ players and people attracted by the word giveaway there. Coincidence?
More likely that a "Zeus stream to commemorate a year since Arma 3 went LAUNCH" was of more interest to more players than "two guys play SURVIVE".

This weeks stream was announced before hand, while last week was somewhat surprising

That might explain why there were more people

indeed,great job matt, i did have the joy of fighting(for a couple minutes)at his side and every one that played on that mission,we had a blast, cant wait for the next one :)