Shelestov

Orshanets terrain 12.8x12.8km (Ukraine)

I really like how this is currently more bottlenecked by GPU. One GTX 970 seems to struggle @1080p to get stable 60fps with AA. With this kind of detail this is really a benchmark for high end GPU setups.

Damn Shelestov this is pure sex, the object placement is masterclass... my computer is going to explode playing on this map though.

Did you make the sun light configs from scratch or are you using Altis' or some other config? I think it looks nice in the screenshots above, nothing is too bright nor dark. How's the evening and morning lighting?

Did you make the sun light configs from scratch or are you using Altis' or some other config? I think it looks nice in the screenshots above, nothing is too bright nor dark. How's the evening and morning lighting?

This is all stock Altis/Stratis lighting, haven't got to that part yet.

Hi.

I tried the 0.1-alpha version of your map on playwithsix and was kinda confused about something. You see I haven't followed your project very closely, but I noticed something which I found very odd. The size of the map file was 2,55GB, however, the map contains almost nothing. I mean, there are a lot of objects in a really small area, but there is only one small village. Will there be more, and if so, how big do you think the map file will become in the end? To me it seems like this map will not be able to run on most PC's.

Hi.

I tried the 0.1-alpha version of your map on playwithsix and was kinda confused about something. You see I haven't followed your project very closely, but I noticed something which I found very odd. The size of the map file was 2,55GB, however, the map contains almost nothing. I mean, there are a lot of objects in a really small area, but there is only one small village. Will there be more, and if so, how big do you think the map file will become in the end? To me it seems like this map will not be able to run on most PC's.

I think it's supposed to be 12x12 km if I'm not mistaken. This map I can agree, is good, but GPU intensive. I can just about play on it without recording, and on decent settings. With recording is just asking for trouble. When the full make comes out... It's going to be quite interesting, and I actually intend on breaking my PC running it. =P

Hi.

The file contains all the assets i.e. buildings, roads, trees, bushes etc. That's what bloats the size - and yes if you'd read the thread you'd have realised it's very much a WIP.... :-)

SJ

The file contains all the assets i.e. buildings, roads, trees, bushes etc. That's what bloats the size - and yes if you'd read the thread you'd have realised it's very much a WIP.... :-)

SJ

That's right, but since we moved to AIA "download size" were reduced to ~1GB. You need to have AIA installed obviously.

Edited by Shelestov

Thanks for responding to my question. I would like to add that I am not trying to denigrate the effort you have put into this project so far. To be honest, I think this map is absolutely beatiful, at least the part that is done. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy the full scope of this map sometime in the future. Until then I wish you the best of luck!

I really like how this is currently more bottlenecked by GPU. One GTX 970 seems to struggle @1080p to get stable 60fps with AA. With this kind of detail this is really a benchmark for high end GPU setups.

Hey, not sure how you have your game setup. But most Nvidia cards actually render better in A3 if you have the Sampling set to 200% with AA at x2 instead of setting it to 100% x8.

Haven't tried it on this map, but every other map or game mode I've played this works way better.

Keep in mind that, depending of the type of your 970 there are issues with the ram of these cards. Explained in detail

Maybe this will be the reason for your issues ingame.

Keep in mind that, depending of the type of your 970 there are issues with the ram of these cards. Explained in detail

Maybe this will be the reason for your issues ingame.

If you're talking to me I don't have problems. I've set up -maxVRAM=3500 just in case though it doesn't go much over 3GB with 1080p and AA and super sampling added together. Also it performs better than GTX680 in this map. Vegetation is just that heavy in Arma and it was the same in A2 already if you've some AA and/or super sampling and maybe some AtoC. GPU is easily just maxed in this map.

Awesome stuff! Authentic as always.

I can already smell my computer melting and sizzling in a warm bath of melted copper and CPU cooling components ;)

At this rate, this is quite possibly going to end up as being the most visually impressive and immersive user made map for any game in the Arma series.

It is also going to tear my graphics card a new orifice. :cool:

Truly amazing work chaps, new sat is amazing, would like to get hold of ones of those quality myself :D