Shelestov

Orshanets terrain 12.8x12.8km (Ukraine)

It feels weird to write this - but love your hedgerows, man. :)

The natural look you get from the blend of vegetation you're using is one of the things I find most impressive (not to mention the gorgeous object clutter, of course).

Outstanding work!

yes, it looks almost like from a different engine. Very good and natural looking.

...all of the shots so far appear to be of very similar locations. Hopefully you've got some focal points planned as well (church, store, community hall, garage etc.).

Well, there is no such a thing as "planned", we are doing everything as is, so if there's a church -- we put church, if there's a bush -- we put bush, if there's nothing -- we put nothing. At least, that is our goal. And it looks realistic that way. Villages are very monotonous, of course there are churches and everything that people need, so dont worry, but expect lot of monotony.

It's very hard to diversify monotonous places with limited set of objects, but we're trying.

http://imgur.com/a/DVxxj

Again – looks awesome.

Will you release another preview some day? Or a rough estimate how long it will take to complete this masterpiece? Say before autumn? :bounce3:

Again – looks awesome.

Will you release another preview some day? Or a rough estimate how long it will take to complete this masterpiece? Say before autumn? :bounce3:

No more demo planned, but we'll see. I hope we can finish this in 2015.

Judging from the screens, this might also be an excellent battlefield for use in combination with the Iron Front for Arma 3 mod...

Looking sweet, can't wait for this beauty.

Greetz.

Amazing work!

Really captures the atmosphere of villages in Ukraine, beautiful.

Slava Ukrayini! :)

Setting a new standard? No no no, THIS IS the satandard. It's just no ones been doing it. Maps should be 1-1, anything less feels terrible in Arma now. This is out standing. 11/10 and I've only played on the demo map. XD

Wow... the screens look amazing. Reminds me really of the videos i saw from Ukraine war currently.

All the screens certainly prove that the most realistic design is only achieved by... imitating the reality itself :D

Great work!

I was dealing with packing all the stuff entire summer. All standalone, you download -- you play. But it's size is about 3GB.

If i'd know that AIA would do all the things i need in observable future then i think i'd use it, but at that point i saw no alternative of making map as standalone. Maybe lot of useless work was done, but now it's too late to complain.

Not a 'complaint' per se but the download size is potentially going to deter a lot of players (who will possibly already have the required objects in AiA). Plus, as/when upgraded/enterable/breakable buildings are merged into AiA (or a future CUP successor) Orshanets should then benefit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW6iIp9OSVQ#t=30

I understand it's depressing to contemplate ditching much of the work you've done preparing assets yourself but the best end result might still be to use a dependency. Something to keep under consideration anyway, at least until CUP's objectives vis-a-vis terrain are clarified.

http://imgur.com/a/DBucC

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Not a 'complaint' per se but the download size is potentially going to deter a lot of players (who will possibly already have the required objects in AiA). Plus, as/when upgraded/enterable/breakable buildings are merged into AiA (or a future CUP successor) Orshanets should then benefit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW6iIp9OSVQ#t=30

I understand it's depressing to contemplate ditching much of the work you've done preparing assets yourself but the best end result might still be to use a dependency. Something to keep under consideration anyway, at least until CUP's objectives vis-a-vis terrain are clarified.

Already moved to AIA, but there are issues. Looks like AI can still see through some vegetation and moreover some walls/fences(!).

So much details ... that nature and .. everything. I literally CANNOT wait until it's released.

Looks like AI can still see through some vegetation and moreover some walls/fences(!).

Hmmm... not the first time we've heard this said.

Was it better in this respect with your own versions of these models or is it just the same?

Hmmm... not the first time we've heard this said.

Was it better in this respect with your own versions of these models or was it like this anyway?

My versions was worse, obviously, but i can't say really. Fact is AIA still has some of that issues.

My versions was worse, obviously, but i can't say really. Fact is AIA still has some of that issues.

Well it's good to hear you're aligned with AIA/CUP, hopefully these issues might eventually be fixed (without any additional work on your part).

I'm dreaming of Orshanets+RHS+LOPFOR+TFAR for some 8-a-side T-v-T later in the year!

http://imgur.com/a/DBucC

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Already moved to AIA, but there are issues. Looks like AI can still see through some vegetation and moreover some walls/fences(!).

Looking good! I'm certain those AI issues will get worked out over time if they want to keep their supporters for thy mod. Also as shown by CUP, you have no idea how awesome it would be if AIA:TP had enter able buildings. 0.0

Looking good! I'm certain those AI issues will get worked out over time if they want to keep their supporters for thy mod. Also as shown by CUP, you have no idea how awesome it would be if AIA:TP had enter able buildings. 0.0

I think enterable buildings will completely destroy already not so good performance, unfortunately.