Shelestov

Orshanets terrain 12.8x12.8km (Ukraine)

People! News is? Any progression with the map? Very waiting!

Prepare your patience.

Буду терпеть братишка. И очень,очень ждать.

Edited by MONAX

Nice map. Just like in a real village. Fighters for this map:

arma320141_2867309_14461208.jpg arma320141_9719667_14461210.jpg arma320141_7385985_14461191.jpg arma320141_5919007_14461184.jpg

arma320141_2673471_14461212.jpg arma320141_7048921_14461215.jpg arma320141_1234379_14461194.jpg

Download this addon can be here: Link

Real prototype fighters have been observed here: Link

For more information, read the “ReamMe.txt†:)

Edited by Karlos_Z
delete screenshots non-existent characters fighters

Nice map. Just like in a real village. Fighters for this map:

Download this addon can be here: Link

(Download file SRCW_mod_verNUMBER.zip, NUMBER – version number)

Requirements addon «HLC AK Pack V1.4» by toadie2k. Link

Real prototype fighters have been observed here: Link

For more information, read the “ReamMe.txt†:)

That's kinda cool, we will definitely be using these, even though the effectiveness of the camo is debatable.

Edited by beastcat

This is fantastic! I'm terribly sick of every Arma III maps being nothing but hills. This will go well with the Iron Front: Liberation 1944 WWII mod. It already has two Ukrain maps but this is better!

What the author needs to do is add the correct geometry lods to his objects.

That is extraordinarily difficult, so far as I know. I doubt the author has the inclination or the necessary software and know-how.

Why is the download more than 2 gigabytes? It's only 12.8Km. Other bigger maps are a 1/4 the size file. Why so big, can you optimize it?

Because it's an extremely detailed map, and still under development.

Just played it again with a new GPU and oh boy... that map is more than gorgeous. No other A3 map feels like this one.

Hands down, amazing!

Just played it again with a new GPU and oh boy... that map is more than gorgeous. No other A3 map feels like this one.

Hands down, amazing!

Can you post a video LAxemann at your leisure? What Arma could be is part of the chase/fun isn't it.

Can you post a video LAxemann at your leisure? What Arma could be is part of the chase/fun isn't it.

True. There's a certain feeling when certain things come to life in Arma, especially Arma 3 and it's new Engine capabilities. This map, brings a feel of being there, as it's 1:1 ratio, which not alot of maps can pull off, and it the setting is perfect. Can't wait for the final version of this map.

One thing I noticed that this map use more then 2500 GB of GPU ram and it runs 99% so it really utilizes the GPU that I got :)

You sick maso, you :P

Just took my first walk on the map. The details are insane! As much as I like the A2 map ports, they look so (stone-)aged if you compare them to this beauty. Hope you manage to get it done and optimized performance-wise (its acceptable now but I can imagine it running worse when the terrain is bigger).

Where can I donate for this piece of pure joy?

Edit: LiqPay... ah well. Is it safe?

Just took my first walk on the map. The details are insane! As much as I like the A2 map ports, they look so (stone-)aged if you compare them to this beauty. Hope you manage to get it done and optimized performance-wise (its acceptable now but I can imagine it running worse when the terrain is bigger).

Where can I donate for this piece of pure joy?

Edit: LiqPay... ah well. Is it safe?

1. I already reduced amount of "will use" models, so few more fps are already confirmed.

2. LiqPay is safe but forget it, i already removed it from 1st post. I hope i'll find the way to use PayPal soon.

Ah great.

Will the terrain be completely flat or will it contain some tiny dips/elevations? Cant remember any from my test.

Ah great.

Will the terrain be completely flat or will it contain some tiny dips/elevations? Cant remember any from my test.

It has hills and valleys of course, though they are very smooth, because of real scale.

It has hills and valleys of course, though they are very smooth, because of real scale.

sounds awesome :) did i say cant wait :D

sweet! colors stand for different surfaces i suppose?

Removed the link to the video. I was just helping and thought it could be handy.

Edited by Syncie

Maybe it's not for your/this map but this came online a few days ago:

If you need inspiration to create a map or for a part of the map. It has a spooky atmosphere.

He is working on a scale replica map of Ukraine in a 1:1 Ratio, not a thing commonly seen now adays. Not exactly the inspiration needed. However, there is already a map of exactly that, and it's spooky. Look on Armaholic.

He is working on a scale replica map of Ukraine in a 1:1 Ratio, not a thing commonly seen now adays. Not exactly the inspiration needed. However, there is already a map of exactly that, and it's spooky. Look on Armaholic.

Yep, and I´m sure the will do it nearly Perfect. That might be just my opinion but I enjoy Real Maps the most. One of the reasons why I think Altis and Stratis are one of the best Maps in the ArmA Series so far even though old ones like Takistan or Chernarus are more believable in terms of the general location of the Battlefield.