Shelestov

Orshanets terrain 12.8x12.8km (Ukraine)

Having the same problem with Play With Six. Not running any other mod, just the terrain mod and it doesn't show in the list nor does it give any errors.

Same here. Got it manually then used PWS to sync. Should have tested without PWS first.

Excellent map... Felt like my unit had stepped into a wormhole and ended up in a modded skyrim... Fantastic stuff....

WOW. I had no idea that ARMA could look this realistic. Impressive. Thank you!!

Now... newegg and tiger, must have more horsepower!

Same here. Got it manually then used PWS to sync. Should have tested without PWS first.

My mistake not PWS. I unzipped the @CST folder such that the next level was not addons but another @CST. Noob move. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 02:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:47 ----------

AI actually does not see through most of the vegetation based on the gameplay I just had. Great map guys! Good luck with it.

What I saw in the video looks very impressive and lovely. I love maps with rich and dense vegetation, even though they tend to make FPS problems...

Thanks for sharing the map, Shelestov. I love it! :cool:

Asuseroako do you use SweetFx in the video?

It's really sweet, did a first test. So this is from the satellite picture, can you tell us the LAT/LON or is it a secret? :) However, good luck with this map!

Asuseroako, indeed it looks a bit oversaturated.

I don't know why but I got game hiccups while I play on this map. I don't have this problem while playing with other maps. Am I the only one?

I know this map is demanding but my frames are quite high and above 50 almost all the time.

AI not blindly shooting through bushes example:

Hmm, interesting, I guess more tests need to be done to figure out if AI can truly see and shoot through the foliage or not. Either the case, I do hope Shelestov changes his mind and works to improve and fix any such problem.

When I played yesterday I was under the impression the AI did not easily spot me through the bushes. Will have a closer look today with mcc/spectator script. It's always fun to see the world through AIs eyes. @Niki I have no unusual hiccup problems with this map.

Thank you tortuosit I will update my drivers and try to find out what cause these mini freezes.

Very nice work on this terrain. I tried it yesterday, most believable terrain I've seen in Arma I think.

Very nice work on this terrain. I tried it yesterday, most believable terrain I've seen in Arma I think.

This must be emphasized. Already had some intense fights with a quickly setup mission with MCC; and it's not the map size that matters here.

A big part of the truth is FPS, but it's refreshing to have such a map and not always desert kind of maps.

BTW, no problems so far with AI seeing through foliage.

2014-09-18_00001u6jg7.jpg

2600мб не Ñлишком ли большой Ð²ÐµÑ ? Тем более альфа верÑиÑ

Holy crap, how did I not discover this earlier? This has to be the most amazing map for ArmA 3 to date! Can't wait to destroy some russians on this map! Sorry, I meant to say local separatists. :D

This map actually reminds me of the times where I used to go to a house we owned in a village near Kharkov with family and friends. There was also a lake and we would go swimming and fishing there and then we would grill in the evening. I actually got a little nostalgic due to this map, I guess thats a good thing about the map.

Edited by beastcat

Holy crap, how did I not discover this earlier? This has to be the most amazing map for ArmA 3 to date! Can't wait to destroy some russians on this map! Sorry, I meant to say local separatists. :D

RHS Escalation should be released in a month as max.

Let's hope Russia won't shut down their internet before that.

Let's hope Russia won't shut down their internet before that.

I think most of them live outside Russia ( Australia, US, Holland and so on ).

After testing the map out for a bit I discovered that the performance was fine for ArmA standards (~35-40fps inside the village) and the AI behaved well with my settings. Messing with most settings didn't do anything about the performance, exept for turning off Anti Aliasing which gave me a pretty big fps boost for some reason, even though my GPU wasn't fully loaded. Only thing is that I was getting stutters as if it was loading in textures or something, especially when driving through the village, but that may be just on my end, since I have pretty crappy RAM and a very slow hard drive.

fb766b8bb5.jpg

Also the transitions from the dirt roads to the smaller paths look incredible and super smooth.

Edited by beastcat

You say this month will release for ArmA 3 on RHS .This well - weapons equipment and of these bad people .....