Shelestov

Orshanets terrain 12.8x12.8km (Ukraine)

That is awesome!

Great job, villages look very realistic! Congrats!

Hope to see more;)

Good luck!

Super!

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

So we could act as rebels under the support of Russia on this map?

Well! Well, Welcome to the war!

We are fully charged with all Your wonderful feedback, and ready to move further, there is lot of work with the rest of the map waiting for us. So, if You like our work -- any support will be appreciated. Unfortunately PayPal can't receive donations in Ukraine, so i'm using LiqPay:

d4en.radius.png

PrivatBank....

http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a_s/2014/Jul/13/LiveLeak-dot-com-100_1405291326-Gg8fg_1405291366.jpg.resized.jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bdd6964545dad788c4&ec_rate=230

Good luck but im not sure how many donations you will get using "LiqPay"...

Anyway last night I did more playing on your map, as you know stuff falls over easily,

as I said , get in touch with the people making all in arma terrain pack I think its kind of like open source or something, use their objects that are fixed, its good to do it know so you can work with fixed objects from the beginning (I know you can just replace with same classname stuff) but still I think its a good idea to do it before you place so many things, that way your island is in the most working order while your making it.

PrivatBank....

http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a_s/2014/Jul/13/LiveLeak-dot-com-100_1405291326-Gg8fg_1405291366.jpg.resized.jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bdd6964545dad788c4&ec_rate=230

Good luck but im not sure how many donations you will get using "LiqPay"...

Anyway last night I did more playing on your map, as you know stuff falls over easily,

as I said , get in touch with the people making all in arma terrain pack I think its kind of like open source or something, use their objects that are fixed, its good to do it know so you can work with fixed objects from the beginning (I know you can just replace with same classname stuff) but still I think its a good idea to do it before you place so many things, that way your island is in the most working order while your making it.

Yea, we'll definitely do some digging in that direction.

After trying it out I have to say that your vegetation placement is amazing, and it feels very authentic. What bothers me most is the SAT texture (I know its still WIP): its very dark/desaturated compared to the vegetation. And some ArmA3 trees feel a bit out of place. But othwerwise this has a lot of potential.

After trying it out I have to say that your vegetation placement is amazing, and it feels very authentic. What bothers me most is the SAT texture (I know its still WIP): its very dark/desaturated compared to the vegetation. And some ArmA3 trees feel a bit out of place. But othwerwise this has a lot of potential.

Yes, we're gonna remove few types of veg models which do not fit.

Edited by Shelestov

Wow, this looks ridiculously good, I have to say. As others have stated already, the overall level of detail and the vegetation look great and very natural. I have not realized any performance issues so far, although the area is of course pretty small as of right now. Really looking forward to this one. Keep up the good work!

Brilliant and amazing work! All our Project team is now waiting for the release to make a PvP FT-2 map on it. Hope that performance will be acceptable. Good luck!

Do you have any artists or modellers? A lot of those wooden painted houses should be replace by the red brick huts that are common in this part of the world. I have plenty of reference pictures from just over the border in Rostovskaya Oblast that I could send you.
the devs live in ukraine

There is no fundamental difference between Ukrainian and Russian village terrains. Several examples of how the typical Russian rural terrains looks in real life:

http://youtu.be/gKa4vK6xFpY

http://youtu.be/vlOkLDHgawk

Edited by hia3official

Looks good,but Russia did not or is not invading ukraine.

Please refrain from the use of russian badgering and propaganda politics.

whatever. apparaently you have more insight of russian troop movements than most other observers in this world, including the ukrainians. but i agree, there is no need for such remarks in this place, so let's just keep this kind of discussion out of this thread entirely.

Whether or not Russia is actually invading Ukraine isn't relevant here. This is a map for a game, it doesn't have to depict a 100% realistic scenario.

Wait until RHS Escalation is released and you'll see how Russia invades a lot of countries :p

whatever. apparaently you have more insight of russian troop movements than most other observers in this world, including the ukrainians. but i agree, there is no need for such remarks in this place, so let's just keep this kind of discussion out of this thread entirely.

Ahem..."western observers" but yes quite ritely,politics aside its not the place.This map looks very good

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Wait until RHS Escalation is released and you'll see how Russia invades a lot of countries :p

christmas day isnt 25th december this year.Its this mods release.cannot wait for Katushya to roll onto the battlefield;) if only

Ahem..."western observers" but yes quite ritely,politics aside its not the place.This map looks very good

christmas day isnt 25th december this year.Its this mods release.cannot wait for Katushya to roll onto the battlefield;) if only

MadDogX has already said notto bring any politics in this thread, please take heed of that request.

MadDogX has already said notto bring any politics in this thread, please take heed of that request.

The author clearly brought politics into this thread with his/her opening remarks.

And if you recall in a previous thread,you cautioned me for saying the same thing as another member,but because his view point,pointed the other way,he was not cautioned.And before you say "this is not the place to discuss" you might recall i PMed you about the recent issue,and recieved no reply.

Theres opinion,and then there is bias.If i started a thread saying how NATO was invading soverign nations in the middle east for example,i would be cautioned,or banned,im sure.

But i have no desire to talk about politics in a gaming thread,iv also no desire to hear slander against any nation,unless it is done joking-as i was in the previous thread i reffered to.

Shelestov really nice job! details are the best! fells like i am in a real village! The fps are not the best but still good!

done downloading the map, enabled the mods using Arma3Sync. but the problem is, i cant see this map in editor. anyone got solution? and also @CST is enabled at the config. *SCRATCH*

done downloading the map, enabled the mods using Arma3Sync. but the problem is, i cant see this map in editor. anyone got solution? and also @CST is enabled at the config. *SCRATCH*

Which else mods are enabled?

Having the same problem with Play With Six. Not running any other mod, just the terrain mod and it doesn't show in the list nor does it give any errors.

I played the map finally. I started off in a heli and immediately thought I had the wrong map. But once I got close to the ground I fell in love with it. It is truly awesome. The colors, the overgrown everything, etc. This map is very tiny but I can see many types of missions. If this map gets bigger it will just get better. The pond isn't necessary, so if you can't fix it, you can easily get rid of it. I really like this map a lot. It is the only map outside of stratis and altis that I keep in the game.

The only problem, might be a big one. Your fences don't have holes in them. Grenades don't break them down. So if I want to cross a fence, I have to go all the way around it. That is in every section. The big areas make you target practice when you realize you can't go through them. The areas with the houses need ways of getting out. Since there is so much overgrowth, you can't see much. If there is a battle, you need to be able to move through the small yards without going out to the street. Bi has not made any way of jumping or getting over obstacles that you could in real life, so making a few changes might be necessary.

Again, excellent work. Thank you.