Gonna cap off my night with a few more screens and some wip info. Now that we got the wrist map sorted on the rolled sleeves, I went ahead and messed with the PCU jacket model a bit to bend the jacket to the straps. Looks good so far, but there's plenty of other adjustments to be made. And disregard the textures, it was a quick mock-up to at least get a preview. Then we also had a new model created this weekend (by Sahio) for a Petzl Tactikka+ Headlamp. Lastly, Will had a bit of time, so he updated all of the uniform textures with his new template. Much higher quality and detailed, as well as tweaks to his Multicam pattern to somehow be even more amazing than it was before, lol. He even threw in this nice new pair of Oakley boots to add to the collection. 

GClBmsZ.jpgUkblGle.png

• Like 15

New kit is looking awesome so good to see old mods be picked back up :) 

• Like 2

will the PCU be integrated into the new vest? or will it be an accessory which can be worn within the glasses item slot, overtop of the "combat uniform (tee shirt)"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broduz said:

will the PCU be integrated into the new vest? or will it be an accessory which can be worn within the glasses item slot, overtop of the "combat uniform (tee shirt)"?

Glad you asked, since this has been something we've been deciding on to see what works out best. It was just planned to be another uniform to choose from, which it still will be in the end, but then I had this crazy idea to incorporate it into a vest variant, oversize the PCU jacket a bit, and allow you to wear any uniform you'd like underneath. Cool thing with that is it would allow you to have the gloves/pants/boots of whatever uniform you want. Whereas the uniform slot version of the PCU will have to be somewhat slim to avoid clipping with vests and other items worn over it. Which leads us to the glasses slot, and having just the jacket as an accessory. This may or may not happen. The problem is, you make it slim for this slot, then it will clip with uniforms that are worn with it. If you oversize it for uniforms, then it will surely clip with any vest you try to wear over it. So pretty much, only way it seems like we can oversize it to wear over uniforms, is to include it as a vest item (with vest already on), and then having a standalone uniform version of it that can be used with other vests/accessories. As always, we'll continue to explore as many options as possible for it, but so far this seems like the best way to do it.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

Glad you asked, since this has been something we've been deciding on to see what works out best. It was just planned to be another uniform to choose from, which it still will be in the end, but then I had this crazy idea to incorporate it into a vest variant, oversize the PCU jacket a bit, and allow you to wear any uniform you'd like underneath. Cool thing with that is it would allow you to have the gloves/pants/boots of whatever uniform you want. Whereas the uniform slot version of the PCU will have to be somewhat slim to avoid clipping with vests and other items worn over it. Which leads us to the glasses slot, and having just the jacket as an accessory. This may or may not happen. The problem is, you make it slim for this slot, then it will clip with uniforms that are worn with it. If you oversize it for uniforms, then it will surely clip with any vest you try to wear over it. So pretty much, only way it seems like we can oversize it to wear over uniforms, is to include it as a vest item (with vest already on), and then having a standalone uniform version of it that can be used with other vests/accessories. As always, we'll continue to explore as many options as possible for it, but so far this seems like the best way to do it.

Hey! thanks for the response.
All seem like feasible options to explore. I know you guys will eventually come up with a good solution.

• Like 2

I ended up having to make two pcus. One had to be modified for vests. But not all vests are the same so perhaps after player feedback one could be modified to effectively fit all vests. 

(They are both part of the uniform model ofcourse) maybe your ideas could solve those issues

• Like 4

WIP Update: After a bunch of editing on the PCU jacket, I decided to go ahead and test it ingame before I edit it any further to at least achieve a proof of concept. As always, early WIP so plenty of work to do yet. From what I have seen, it seems like this concept may work out fairly well. The main thing is trying to make the whole thing still look fairly natural as the size is increased on the arms, which are the main areas of concern. In the end, this means the jacket will have slightly larger arms, but if it can be done properly it can achieve the look of a large cold weather jacket being worn over a uniform. The arms are a tricky area, because there are several areas that flare out, like the flap above the patch area, so I am doing my best to try and keep the size from getting too out of hand while also getting rid of visible clipping. All in all, still not sure if everything will work out yet but so far looks pretty feasible. Also a couple new items in the photo; swapped out the chinstrap for the Opscore to a newer one, and incorporated our new nut-strap.

78dDcJX.png

• Like 7

how does it work out with the t-shirt version?

my guess is that would avoid the problem your having with the arm pockets, no?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, broduz said:

how does it work out with the t-shirt version?

my guess is that would avoid the problem your having with the arm pockets, no?

Dammit broduz, don't you think I already thought about that? Well you're right, I didn't. lol. Son of a bitch....why the hell did I forget all about that damn tshirt uniform? In any case, thank you very much for the suggestion, as that uniform had totally slipped my mind. *face palm* 

That will surely be easier to fit the jacket to (and keep its size reasonable), just need to configure up some uniforms of that type. Only downfall to fitting it to the tee, it won't be compatible with AAF uniforms (unless there's a tee version of those too that I forgot about). But that can be worked out later. For now, I just want to get the jacket working with Will's uniform textures. Thanks again, now we're headed in the right direction.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

WIP Update: Got a couple more accessories for you guys. The Rangers now have a nice variety of helmet lighting attachments to choose from, with the addition of the Petzl Tactikka + Headlamp and the Princeton Tec Switch MPLS Task Light. (Now if only we could make the headlamp lights actually work)

z63HE1D.pngI9QZNtj.jpgEsVQxZd.jpg

• Like 17

Looking to expand on the gloves collection a bit more, both Will and myself have messed a bit with some new sets. So as he was looking into something of the Nomex sorts, I put together one of my personal favs; the Mechanix Original. You know the drill, still WIP, so still plenty of little tweaks and details to be added. Definitely gonna be toning down the brightness and gettin em a lil dusty before their done. Not to mention a good variety of color/camo variants as well.

JLtVP5g.jpg

• Like 17

Cool, but why bother with camoflage when that glove ruins everything and will make the enemy see you from miles...

3 minutes ago, jacobs said:

Cool, but I don't why bother with camoflage when that glove ruins everything and will make the enemy see you from miles...

As stated, 'Gonna be toning down the brightness and gettin them a lil dusty before they're done', so they won't stand out nearly as much by the time they are released...those pics are early WIP. And I beg to differ when you say that the glove ruins everything, because I also mentioned other color/camo variants such as in this picture and I definitely don't think something like this will stand out at all (same gloves): 

IwKRmkr.jpg

Trust me, we know what we're doing....sometimes. lol.

• Like 4

Well, sorry man... I thought that was the final work. 

Indeed, the multicam variant looks much better and does not stant out at all! 

• Like 1

Okay, I need some opinions on this. Me and Will were doing some talking and I brought up an idea to him that I'm not entirely sure if we will go through with or not. The whole reason this even came into question is because of a new vest model that Sahio has been developing for me and my gear pack, but I wanted to see if there was some way we could bring this item to the Rangers...but not so sure it fits in with them. So here's the scoop, I had already mentioned that I will be adding some optional pbo's to the mod that will include early-era Rangers, probably set for around early 90's and 2000. And then there was an idea to make a 'future' era Ranger pbo, based around 2035 to fit in with Arma's lore. In doing this, we could throw our own twist on the group and allow equipment that wouldn't typically be seen otherwise. So what's this new vest I speak of? Well with Rangers being a light infantry SOF, and since it was already in development, I figured...why not the Crye Precision Armour Chassis (GEN1)? Yes, I know there is the newer CAGE Armour Chassis, but that's still a lil ways off in our development plans, and for some reason I love the look of the GEN1. 

So this is where I need some opinions/suggestions. Would this vest make sense for the (future) Rangers to use? And I'm not asking if it's in the plans for them to use or anything like that, but more or less whether this would be the type of vest that they would even consider using for the type of force they are. Anyways, just seemed like a pretty cool concept and possibly something players may be interested in. And don't worry, the modern Rangers is the priority of this mod and always will be, these optional additions are just bonus extras that will be worked on the side. Let me know what you guys think.

As a treat, whether its used or not, here's an early preview of the (WIP) Crye Armour Chassis:

ChudEyF.png

73lZP3r.png

OLV1FLK.jpg

• Like 8

As a proponent of this mod, I think as long as you keep the core work as you said, I for one would definitely be interested in checking out anything you guys create in either future or past-era uniform/gear/helmet models. I think it's a really smart idea for driving this mod going forward. Thanks for all the effort!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff coming up.

I'll also reiterate my love that this mod is standalone.  As a mission maker, it allows great flexibility to use such a great unit pack in either an RHS based and/or CUP based campaign.  

Kudos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm having an issue with customizing the loadouts of the units in the editor. When I change them in the editor and then save the loadouts, then play scenario, the units revert back to the original loadouts that were pre-determined with the mod. Anyone else experiencing this? If so any suggestions? Aside from the issue....this is a beautiful mod! Great work and top 5 best unit mod I have ever downloaded!

I also noticed that the mags are missing upon going in game and the uniforms tend to change randomly.

Any help is appreciated!

17 minutes ago, viperBAT44 said:

I'm having an issue with customizing the loadouts of the units in the editor. When I change them in the editor and then save the loadouts, then play scenario, the units revert back to the original loadouts that were pre-determined with the mod. Anyone else experiencing this? If so any suggestions? Aside from the issue....this is a beautiful mod! Great work and top 5 best unit mod I have ever downloaded!

I also noticed that the mags are missing upon going in game and the uniforms tend to change randomly.

Any help is appreciated!

This is due to the mod using a gear randomization script for the units. Only fix for now is to either outfit your units after they spawn, or setup a loadout script with an initial time delay. But this is one thing I've been looking to set up a bit better. Some people like the randomization, and some would rather control the loadout themselves. I'll be looking into a way to make it more user-friendly.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the response Siege-A! Didn't even think about the gear randomization.... know what I can do now. Again this is an outstanding mod and I look forward to continuing the mission I began!

P.S. I noticed you are from NC as well... Clayton NC for me.

Alrighty, model is complete. Still on limbo on whether it will be incorporated with the 2035 Rangers, but looking like a strong possibility. Once again, some damn fine modelling by Sahio and can't wait to get some textures on this bad boy.

o24yU5u.jpg

• Like 14

Been doing some thinking on what other gear we could outfit the 2035 Rangers with, more specifically the helmet they'll use. Personally, I'm digging the idea of a Crye Airframe with the side mandible protection as seen in the photo below. Just a thought, but would make for one badass looking Ranger group. If we do go this route, will either be using/modifying Warden's Airframe (if allowed) or we will create one from scratch. 

0DD9ccH.jpg

• Like 9