don't worry man, no rush at all. modding takes a lot of time and I think most of us are patient enough. sahio's output is crazy though. does he sleep? is he going to be okay?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

sahio's output is crazy though. does he sleep? is he going to be okay?

I wonder the same thing sometimes, lol. Hell those pics only showed 2 of the vests he did...not even to mention the other one which wasn't shown. I was absent for 3 days, and he had 3 new models ready when I got back....mans a machine. I think he's just planning to move to China one day, so getting himself ready for a job there, lol. 

• Like 2

Still working away behind the scenes, progress is coming along nicely. Been getting things ready for the gear pack alpha release as well as trying to get some other assets possibly ready. Haven't had alot of time to post progress pics, so wanted to at least drop in and show off some of Sahio's recent works. I'm planning to get the WIP thread up soon, which will be a nice treat, as it will show some of the other gear that's been developed and never shown. Blows me away when I see how many new assets we have on the way....shaping up to be the biggest gear pack release ever in A3. 

These 2 items are among some of my favorites, and while they don't necessarily fit in anywhere particular, I'm sure people will still appreciate having these available. Something a bit different from the standard-issue stuff.

Spoiler

Some call it the Crye AVS/JPC killer...I just call it one badass plate carrier: 

2zKgEqP.png

i3rWbAL.png

• Like 17

absolutely stunning cant wait for this :eyeheart:

Edited by DRdevil
stupid me cant spell

And another one bites the dust: 

3GKDVgE.png

O9tcHPO.png

• Like 13

Next item is in the works:

Spoiler

MKM9fI2.pngmiSG4JQ.pngtybOrFX.pngDDpiwjc.pngFFMKUlj.png

• Like 14

You can't visit the thred regularly and when you finally do.. dammit.. so much hawt stuff coming.
I can't even imagine, how you can produce so much quality stuff so quickly... Jeez, take a break or just slow down a bit, don't overwork yourselves :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

I swear he's trying to set some kind of world record or something. And I only wish I could work at the speed he does...I would have all this shit done already, lol. He just started those NVG's yesterday, and here's the progress that he's made in less than a days time: 

Spoiler

FWaLPT0.pngRnfZYic.pngh8gmzM2.png

*EDIT: And a pic of the drogleg panels that he finished in his 'freetime' lol. Still need a little work done to adjust for the straps clipping.

Spoiler

Ckd54oy.png

Edited by Siege-A
Added Pics
  • Like 15

Couldn't resist, had to play around with the NVG's even though they're unfinished:

Spoiler

DEIDyuD.png

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

Couldn't resist, had to play around with the NVG's even though they're unfinished:

Reveal hidden contents

DEIDyuD.png

Jesus those looks so great already.  Only suggestion I have would be to bring the holster up higher.   The lower it sits IRL, the more it tends to want to flop around on ya while running.  Sucks lol.  But artistic license is always a great thing about it being your mod :f:

Im incredibly excited for when it all drops!

safariland-holster-mod-01.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 3p0x1 said:

Jesus those looks so great already.  Only suggestion I have would be to bring the holster up higher.   The lower it sits IRL, the more it tends to want to flop around on ya while running.  Sucks lol.  But artistic license is always a great thing about it being your mod :f:

Im incredibly excited for when it all drops!

Reveal hidden contents

safariland-holster-mod-01.jpg

It won't flop if ur not running away from the fight pox! :drinking2:haha

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

It won't flop if ur not running away from the fight pox! :drinking2:haha

HAH running to the action! Or cover.  Cover is nice

• Like 1

We're infantry, we don't need cover; getting shot is what we do! If you want survivability, join Cavalry. Wimps

(he says a day after tanks dlc is released)

• Like 1

Some more WIP pics:

Spoiler

61QGJ7k.pngqUEZ8rD.pngRwGvl5N.png

Oh and Sahio wanted me to mention that we can't ensure the absolute accuracy of these, as this has been the reference he is modelling from:

Spoiler

c0AvOco.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 10

The rear lens is not "folded", the rear tubes are. The rear lens is a constant polycarbonate screen (if that makes any sense). Pretty spot on except for sizing in your previous wip pics. They are a tad bigger 

I wouldn't worry about perfect accuracy, ranger battalions don't use 18's anyways ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

The rear lens is not "folded", the rear tubes are. The rear lens is a constant polycarbonate screen (if that makes any sense). Pretty spot on except for sizing in your previous wip pics. They are a tad bigger 

Yeah sorry about that, still had the lens covers on them like they're fresh outta the box....was thinking about possibly having the covers on when they're up, and off when down...maybe not. In any case, he does have the actual lens modelled beneath, got some pics below. Thanks for the input on the sizing, as that was just a mock-up I did and wasn't real sure on how accurate it was...seemed close, lol. 

Edit: No worries, these aren't intended for the Ranger units, will be part of a separate gear pack release. Been a mixture around here until I get the thread up.

Spoiler

HesKMhE.pngWB0MMZF.png

• Like 3

a decent PVS-31 battery pack would be ideal, lots of GPNVG addons kicking about, but PVS 31's are a rarity, along with decent wilcox NVG mounts

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, road runner said:

a decent PVS-31 battery pack would be ideal, lots of GPNVG addons kicking about, but PVS 31's are a rarity, along with decent wilcox NVG mounts

Thanks, I'll look into the PVS-31 right now. He's working on the Wilcox GSGM for it as we speak.

Edit: Such a coincidence that you mention those, because I just so happen to have a pair attached with the MICH2001 helmet Sahio sent awhile back. I didn't pay them much mind at the time, but once I checked them out....sure enough. There are some noticeable differences, but easily things that could be modified:

Spoiler

75jMfiI.pngNGurjSz.png8Ovc4rl.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, road runner said:

Roadrunner i saw a couple of guys are working on mod that contains the pvs 31

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/215641-joint-forces-command-uksf/?tab=comments#comment-3279521

some nvg mounts without nvgs mounted would be cool, a lot of times you'll see they just leave the mount on the helmet when they arent using the nv itself. and then that'll help contribute to the badass overly-cluttered shit-hanging-from-everything oper8or look.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

some nvg mounts without nvgs mounted would be cool, a lot of times you'll see they just leave the mount on the helmet when they arent using the nv itself.

Sure thing dude. The Wilcox GSGM mount that he's made for these, and correct me anyone if I'm wrong, seems to be a permanent mount, not meant for quick removal. So in that sense, I think what you just said would work out just fine...keeping the mount in place on the helmet even when NVG's aren't in use.

And just to let everyone know, we probably will be bending the rules a bit when it comes to these mounts/nvg shrouds...since it is a game afterall. Instead of saying, oh this mount is only allowed to be used on MICH/ACH/Airframe/etc, we will probably have them placed on certain helmets that technically, they aren't made to be used with. Maybe as we get further along, we can look into making specific mounts for specific helmets, but for now, just use a little imagination.

Sahio sent me over the GPNVG-18 model last night, so I'm getting ready to have a look over things and possibly get some pics posted. As far as I know, he has everything complete except the battery pack, which can easily be added afterwards. Currently, we will just do the battery pack that is with the 18's, but we've been talking over the PVS-31 as well...may actually be adding those...we shall see.

EDIT: Just had a look, and he's already got the battery pack added as well, so I guess we're good to go. And a quick pic of this masterpiece before I start messing with it in O2: 

Spoiler

hafg7Ti.png

• Like 9

The GSGM comes in two pieces, the shroud (three hole or four hole pattern, and configured for two different helmets ACH/Ops Core and Airframe), and the ball mount itself which can be removed, and other mounts can be put on in its stead such as a DPAM (however, the shroud is optimized  for its paired mount).

So it's not exactly permanently on the helmet beyond the shroud itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright, got the GPNVG18 scaled to the character model. Adjusted the size a bit, as stated by Warlord. Definitely looks pretty good. Feedback on the scaling is appreciated, as this is just a rough draft for the most part. (Not worried about the wire leading to the battery pack for right now, that can be adjusted later.)

Spoiler

PGwVdPH.pngRS08V8t.png

• Like 9