6 hours ago, ruff said:

Are the vests coming with battle belts with pistol holders?

I think that's a possibility possibly.

6 hours ago, BLACKOUT6IX said:

I'm even more hyped now that I know they will fit RHS uniforms

So what you saying, that our uniform models look like crap? JK. Yeah, no guarantees yet on a firm fit, but from what I've seen so far, shouldn't be too hard getting them scaled to fit both the vanilla and RHS uniforms. That pic was done using the model scaled to vanilla, and has only a few areas of clipping on the RHS uniform.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

oh dang, they fit cunico's G3, nice. on the topic of battle belts, imo I feel like a lot of people overdo it and have these super overloaded plate carriers and belts, like in Project Zenith or Military Gear Pack, and its kinda silly. if the vest has a good amount of real estate, it might not really need a belt, and just because theres open molle slots doesn't mean they need to be covered. KISS principle. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

oh dang, they fit cunico's G3, nice. on the topic of battle belts, imo I feel like a lot of people overdo it and have these super overloaded plate carriers and belts, like in Project Zenith or Military Gear Pack, and its kinda silly. if the vest has a good amount of real estate, it might not really need a belt, and just because theres open molle slots doesn't mean they need to be covered. KISS principle. 

The more crap you put the better. Looking cool and bad ass is requirement number 1 (garand thumb ™). 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I am going to have to disagree on that one, I want to be a walking bundle of pouches. Speckle Forsis need all de gear.

• Like 2

And now for one of our first laser-cut plate carriers:

Spoiler

First Spear Strandhogg Plate Carrier

3rSGxC0.png

Furthermore, we'll probably be doing both MBAV and SAPI cut plate versions with most plate carriers that come in these styles. This one still has some edits to be made for the SAPI cut.

• Like 13

no frickin way. I was going to ask about this too, but you've beaten me to it again, like with the LBT1961. looks awesome!

• Like 1

You guys are giving us so much gear choice that we will be playing "barbie goes to war" on virtual arsenal, instead of actually playing the game...

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, jacobs said:

You guys are giving us so much gear choice that we will be playing "barbie goes to war" on virtual arsenal, instead of actually playing the game...

implying I don't already do this lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 20.3.2018 at 10:23 PM, jacobs said:

Wait, you mean thats not the game?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

So a few posts back I had displayed a pic of a Ranger unit which was wearing a new opscore helmet model that had been donated by another author earlier on in the mod. Well, unfortunately, we have decided not to use this model since we have been unable to reach the author, whom has been inactive for a good period of time. Even though permission had been given back with Hawaiian, that doesn't necessarily extend to any parties that may have access to the source files thereafter. So with respect to everyones work, we have concluded to pursue other options. The Opscore helmet has been an on/off debate for quite some time, thinking of changing the model...modifying the current one...and now we finally put that debate to rest. 

I am proud to present our newest addition: Opscore helmets. Completely new models done by our talented Sahio, which I must say, look outstanding. So far, we have 3 different models, with a couple more on the way. The current ones that are finished include the Fast XP High Cut, Fast MT Super High Cut, and the Fast SF Super High Cut. Lastly, I threw in a demo pic for another unit showing off the new helmet model. Enjoy.

Ops-Core Fast MT Super High Cut & Fast XP High Cut

NIlWSJA.png

Ops-Core Fast SF Super High Cut

vneE6AY.png

Spoiler

zIpKq0v.png

• Like 24

13 hours ago, Siege-A said:

So a few posts back I had displayed a pic of a Ranger unit which was wearing a new opscore helmet model that had been donated by another author earlier on in the mod. Well, unfortunately, we have decided not to use this model since we have been unable to reach the author, whom has been inactive for a good period of time. Even though permission had been given back with Hawaiian, that doesn't necessarily extend to any parties that may have access to the source files thereafter. So with respect to everyones work, we have concluded to pursue other options. The Opscore helmet has been an on/off debate for quite some time, thinking of changing the model...modifying the current one...and now we finally put that debate to rest. 

I am proud to present our newest addition: Opscore helmets. Completely new models done by our talented Sahio, which I must say, look outstanding. So far, we have 3 different models, with a couple more on the way. The current ones that are finished include the Fast XP High Cut, Fast MT Super High Cut, and the Fast SF Super High Cut. Lastly, I threw in a demo pic for another unit showing off the new helmet model. Enjoy.

*snip*

I have to say I appreciate the consideration you give to fellow modders out there, Its a class act. Bravo, Sir!

I really like the new model. Sahio is really something else when it comes to developing quality pieces in a relatively short timeframe! Good work Sahio!

I hope that you guys keep the same level of variation when it comes to your helmets (ie, with and without shemags and goggles etc.) that was a trademark of this mod IMHO.

Again, job well done!

• Like 4

So for these sexy new helmets can we expect to see the newer helstar strobe being used? Or more of the mantis and MS2000 strobes? Obviously helmet mounted strobes have become the norm for pretty much all SOF units out there so just curious what we can expect to see when it comes to that. Amazing work by Sahio again, not sure who he has working in his sweatshop to pump these out so fast but great job to him. 

• Like 2

It might be worth moving this back into the WiP section and renaming it 75th Ranger V.2 , as it's more or less a complete overhaul of the original ??

• Like 1

17 hours ago, broduz said:

I have to say I appreciate the consideration you give to fellow modders out there, Its a class act. Bravo, Sir!

I hope that you guys keep the same level of variation when it comes to your helmets (ie, with and without shemags and goggles etc.) that was a trademark of this mod IMHO.

Many thanks bro...duz. I've seen way too many shitty acts by other people around these forums and elsewhere that deals with using content they don't have permission to use. So with that in mind, we try to respect everyones work in the community, and do things the right way. Not gonna lie though, if we didn't have a modeller pumping things out for us, I woulda been hard pressed to let go of that other opscore model, lol. And as for the variations for the helmets, you can most definitely expect to see the same amount if not more. We will be doing some shemaghs and other various items to further increase the amount of variation options that are available ontop of what is already here. And now that we'll be doing hiddenSelections for the models, this will also give everyone the freedom to create their own variants, choosing exactly what they want.

11 hours ago, SSG Halverson said:

So for these sexy new helmets can we expect to see the newer helstar strobe being used? Or more of the mantis and MS2000 strobes?

Funny you mentioned that, because I have looked at the Helstar numerous times now, thinking about adding it to our model list. Still unsure though. We already have the Manta and MS2000 strobes done, so those are definite. So I guess we'll see, currently we are adding and doing models for things that are highly needed or necessary, so if we do add the Helstar, it will be a little later down the line. But then again, I do like adding things that haven't been done yet....so maybe we can bump it forward....decisions decisions.

6 hours ago, road runner said:

It might be worth moving this back into the WiP section and renaming it 75th Ranger V.2 , as it's more or less a complete overhaul of the original ??

In the beginning, I had only planned for this to be 'improvements' for the mod rather than a full overhaul. But I do agree with you, as things have progressed, it is turning into a full remake. As I've always said from the beginning though, no matter how much I change in the mod, I still intend to keep much of Hawaiian's work intact and available. I do believe we are getting to the point now though to permit a new thread. This would allow me to manage the page (updating the home page as needed) and bring attention to the mod overhaul. I think I'll wait until I have an update ready for the mod (full update, not hotfix) and then open up a new thread for the project probably labeled in the same way you mentioned...something like 75th Rangers v2. As well as starting a WIP thread that will cover all of the non-Ranger assets and other units that are also in development. 

And to everyone, thank you for properly showing your appreciation to Sahio and his models. Even though he isn't a member here, he does look over the thread from time to time to see how things are going, and the reactions people have made to his work. I'm pretty certain that your comments can be more motivating for him than me always telling him how great everything looks all the time, lol.

• Like 11

I'm more stoked about this "update" than I've been for any other A3 update in all the years I've been playing Arma, I heralded "Cunico" as the best 3d modeller I'd seen produce stuff for Arma, well move over sir, there's a new kid on the block, and he's taken the spotlight with ease.

I hardly gave A3 a look in this past 6 months or so, but will brush up the skills, in anticipation for the work here being released in due course.

Well done to the whole Team mate.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Ops-Core Fast Bump High Cut

mepalpL.png

Ops-Core Fast Carbon High Cut

sLiTD7M.png

Sahio after finishing these pains in the ass (but worth it):

D61N55x.png

• Like 19

Wow! I am incredibly impressed man.. WE NEED MORE COOL GUY GEAR!

• Like 1

Awesome stuff, it is difficult to balance my anticipation with the need to not be that guy

If I may be that guy for just a sec, may I ask that you include the red/black coloration of the bump, maybe not necessarily in the Rangers pack but... somewhere? It works quite well for civilian applications and there isn't currently much in the way of modern rock climbing/EMS/rescue lids. it is completely unrelated to the military stuff so I absolutely understand if you say no. I've just been having a thing for EMS and rescue ever since Laws of War released...

In any case, massive props to Saiho, he's been filling every single imaginable niche that could be filled. Give that man/woman/robot/amorphic blob an internet cookie!

• Like 2

Loving where this is headed guys. Looking forward to this very much, particularly the Safariland tac holster. Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 2:45 PM, Hvymtal said:

If I may be that guy for just a sec, may I ask that you include the red/black coloration of the bump, maybe not necessarily in the Rangers pack but... somewhere? It works quite well for civilian applications and there isn't currently much in the way of modern rock climbing/EMS/rescue lids. it is completely unrelated to the military stuff so I absolutely understand if you say no. I've just been having a thing for EMS and rescue ever since Laws of War released...

It's okay to be 'that guy' around here, because unlike some, we don't ridicule people that make requests...we actually welcome it. So yeah, I think we could probably squeeze in the red/black color variant for the bump helmet, would be cool to add in some SAR gear for some variety. 

• Like 4

I'm just always cautious of requests since it's easy to throw open the gates and create a massive work list. The fact that I'm a person who has trouble saying no (except in jest) perhaps tints my opinion on that

In any case, thanks a bunch, it'll certainly look better on the Paramedic outfit than those silly (but admittedly effective) hard hats. A "slim" firefighter's helmet would be ideal for that role, but that is definitely outside the scope of this mod lol :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

No time for words, worked on this a bit later than I had planned. So have a look:

CJrXPy6.png

MNV112G.png

xKa7SsN.png

• Like 21

Pretty shit looking to be honest!! :f: 

Just messing, this just keeps getting better and better!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2