Hey Guys, that chestrig is great! Two questions but please don't take them as requests. The job you guys are doing is stunning and everything you will ultimately release will be happily greeted, so thank you for all your work. As someone already said, will the chestrig come with a holster too? And any chance to see the chestrig on a PACA? 

• Like 2

I was going to ask if you guys would make an LBT 1961, guess I don't have to though. looks awesome! that'll look real badass with the crye lovis you showed off. a slick LBT 6094 would kill too. what if you guys were to make the chest rig as a backpack item, so it could fit over a variety of bare PCs rather than making a bunch of near-duplicates? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Robisfunny said:

Any chance of a pistol holster being on this one?

16 hours ago, Edo_94 said:

As someone already said, will the chestrig come with a holster too? And any chance to see the chestrig on a PACA? 

Maybe something about like this? (Nothing final, just checking placement)

Spoiler

fqgbcgy.png

GUYphH1.png

10 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

what if you guys were to make the chest rig as a backpack item, so it could fit over a variety of bare PCs rather than making a bunch of near-duplicates? 

That's actually not a bad idea at all, and thanks for mentioning it. This would even be a reason to make use of the base variants themselves. I'll do some messing around with this and see what we can come up with.

• Like 5

When placing the pistol, think about it in a practical sense, where would YOU keep it ? Is it easy to reach ? Can you transition from Long, to sidearm, with weak grip/hand etc.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, road runner said:

When placing the pistol, think about it in a practical sense, where would YOU keep it ? Is it easy to reach ? Can you transition from Long, to sidearm, with weak grip/hand etc.

Thats why that high cross draw/under the armpit is hard to do, even the center of the chest can be hard

• Like 1

Center of the chest is good, having it attached in traditional areas is better.  Maybe compromise and have the holster be belt attached with the PACA model and when the chest rig is the backpack it wont have the risk of not having the holstered pistol? (If that makes sense)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, road runner said:

I understand that part of it, and forgive me if I'm just overlooking something, but personally I don't see anywhere on the chest rig itself that would be an 'easy to access' location for a holster. The positions I placed it in with the pic above was just ideas from ref pics. But even those locations look like it wouldn't be easily accessible. So apart from the obvious locations (attached to a belt at the hip, dropleg, or chest area with vest), I'm not seeing many options for a holster on the actual chest rig where it would make sense. 

1 hour ago, 3p0x1 said:

Maybe compromise and have the holster be belt attached with the PACA model and when the chest rig is the backpack it wont have the risk of not having the holstered pistol? (If that makes sense)

I'm feeling like this may be the best option (using belt/hip holster), but I guess we'll make a decision as we start playing around with the backpack slots. I for one always like having pistol holsters available, so definitely always looking for every opportunity possible to squeeze one in. 

Well guys, didn't get alot done....work kicked my ass today. But did spend a little time getting some of our vests/plate carriers scaled and fit to the character model, so figured I would go ahead and share a bit of that. Good news is, the rest of the week is pretty laid back for me, so should be able to get some work done on the mod (hopefully get the base AVS wrapped up).

Spoiler

24XiFak.png

5TyRAZA.png

B7023xO.png

MJ2N3uV.png

hGg4tSU.png

i7w45ic.png

• Like 18

Got a couple more models to show you guys, Sahio is spitting these things out like he's working in a factory or something. But, I'm not complaining, as I'm sure no one else is either. 

Spoiler

Crye Precision Low Profile Chest Rig

5TEnQkm.png

Crye Precision Jumpable Plate Carrier 2.0 (JPC)

vEd45g9.png

• Like 14

I was gonna ask how you guys were pumping out so many vests. its insane. but yeah, not a complaint at all. 

• Like 2

Nice momentum on the mod

Borderline puns in the thread.................lol

Don't want the Rangers feeling abandoned with all this other stuff, so threw together a quick demo for a Ranger unit using the assets available so far.

Some things to keed in mind with the photo:

- Nothings final

- The Opscore model is an alternate option we have to DaveGary's, created by another community author and was donated earlier on in the Ranger project. We are currently trying to contact the author to ensure it is still allowed to be used.

- Plenty of shit is misplaced, not properly scaled, and just all around out of whack, so don't take anything as even remotely complete. These demos are just to give an overall idea and inside look to what's coming.

wzVhBYK.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Sahio sent this over to me just as I was about to sign off, so had to whip up some pics.

LBT-6094A

tg8xVvV.png

fs57Had.png

• Like 18

Just a little constructive criticism, I'd thin the front and rear panels on some of these new vests, SAPI plates are not that thick, mine are less than 1.5cm in thickness, and were standard issue to US Mil back in the day.

Other than that, I still maintain these are the best looking vests created for Arma 3 to date, hands down.

Also, are you guys going to make the LBT 9022 IFAK that seems more common worn on waist belts these days??

• Like 5

2 hours ago, road runner said:

Just a little constructive criticism, I'd thin the front and rear panels on some of these new vests, SAPI plates are not that thick, mine are less than 1.5cm in thickness, and were standard issue to US Mil back in the day.
Also, are you guys going to make the LBT 9022 IFAK that seems more common worn on waist belts these days??

Appreciate it, trying to stay pretty accurate, so criticism is welcome. I'll make some small adjustments to some of the plates, see if we can get them a bit more standard. Gotta keep in mind too that we have to compromise a bit for the game, since the inside sits against the player body, we want to avoid clipping issues while still being wearable among different uniform types. But I'm sure we can work it within reason. As for the 9022IFAK, surely looks to be no problem.

• Like 3

@Siege-A Really great work, I mean the pace is just phenomenal. You guys got me checking the thread when I wake up and before I go to sleep!

Few questions, do you guys use a specific value when setting a distance between the vest and the uniform or do you scale by eye? Also, I see you guys have (what looks like?) a safariland 6354DO holster?

Are the coordinates of the handgun model when used with a hip holster, a fixed position set by the engine or is it determined by the modeler? I ask because it seems like every hip holster mod I encounter have really thick war belts, as if

they're being modeled to the position of the pistol. And lastly (not sure if this is the right place to ask) I know you guys are already doing a lot of work already, but is it possible to twitch or record the modding process, modelling, getting it

game ready etc? 

6 minutes ago, NissanLawyer said:

Few questions, do you guys use a specific value when setting a distance between the vest and the uniform or do you scale by eye? Also, I see you guys have (what looks like?) a safariland 6354DO holster?

Are the coordinates of the handgun model when used with a hip holster, a fixed position set by the engine or is it determined by the modeler?

And lastly (not sure if this is the right place to ask) I know you guys are already doing a lot of work already, but is it possible to twitch or record the modding process, modelling, getting it game ready etc? 

Most of the positioning done between the vest and uniform is by eye, just seeing what looks best and most natural. The holster model was based off the Safariland 6004 w/light bearing and optic, but through textures and normals we can make it look similar to many of the 6xxx series. 

No, holster positions aren't fixed in any way, only the animation for drawing/holstering is (which can be altered with custom anims). Can be placed anywhere and still have the pistol show up in the holster as it should. 

Might consider streaming some of the work process at some point...dunno. My time frame to work on things is very inconsistent, so probably would be pointless until I have a day dedicated or something. But our modeller, Sahio, is always interested in helping and showing how things are done, so he would probably be up for doing it.

• Like 1

One thing you guys will need to do with regards to the holsters, is to either have them look perfect with addons, such as Rob Hammers, or the default BIS handguns, as the proxies are different in both cases, where one will look perfect, the other will be out of line, over scaling the holster might be some sort of compromise, either that, you create your own handgun pack, and have it as a dependency??

• Like 1

Do you guys realize, that teasing us with all of this cool stuff is a form of torture, right? :icon_biggrin: But seriously, great work. Thanks.

4 hours ago, road runner said:

One thing you guys will need to do with regards to the holsters, is to either have them look perfect with addons, such as Rob Hammers, or the default BIS handguns, as the proxies are different in both cases, where one will look perfect, the other will be out of line, over scaling the holster might be some sort of compromise, either that, you create your own handgun pack, and have it as a dependency??

This is a good point, I haven't done alot of testing with all the different addon pistols that are available out there. So that's something I will look over and see what we can do with it. I would rather it be properly aligned for addon pistols rather than default (since there's hardly any default pistols ingame), but this all depends how many addons have it setup in a custom way vs how many use the default proxy. Maybe make 2 models to adjust for both....who knows. 

Seriously doubting a custom weapons pack from our side for several reasons. Sahio is fond and pretty damn good at modelling firearms, so I have no doubt he would be all for it, Eduardo is also keen to the idea. But for myself, too much work and not enough time. I'm already so packed with things to do with just the gear, I don't even wanna think about weapons/vehicles/etc. Personally, I would rather rely on community mods to cover these areas, especially since there are so many good packs out there. Maybe...just maybe....if we finish all this up, and everyone is still feeling spunky enough to have another go...we may start looking into those areas (since vehicle's aren't outside of Sahio's reach either). In the end, just all comes down to time. I'm working my ass off trying to catch up to all the models he keeps spitting out, while trying to follow up behind him doing everything else required to get them ingame, looking good, and working in the best possible way I know how. Never knew any of this stuff before I met Will and started working with him on things, that dude taught me alot. I guess we'll see as things progress whether more things are tackled or not.

(Now if, for example, some author out there that is familiar with weapons and the likes would like to get involved to do the work needed to get them working and polished up, that may be something we would be interested in looking further into.)

• Like 4

Spoiler

Teaser test with AVS using RHS:

cR1GWv5.png

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Siege-A said:
  Hide contents

Teaser test with AVS using RHS:

I'm even more hyped now that I know they will fit RHS uniforms

• Like 4

Are the vests coming with battle belts with pistol holders?

• Like 2