5 hours ago, unearthedtru7h said:

Rangers don't wear MICH2001. MICH2001s are most common in NSW units.

Gotcha thanks, we will keep it to the NSW units.

8 hours ago, unearthedtru7h said:

Rangers don't wear MICH2001. MICH2001s are most common in NSW units.

They are not. At least to my knowledge. NSW guys use LBH helmets and NSWDG guys use Maritimes (they did use 2001s until 2010).

3 hours ago, Eduardo Argimon said:

Gotcha thanks, we will keep it to the NSW units.

To be honest I've seen pictures with rangers in the 2000s wearing MICH helmets. Now I also wanted to ask will you only have modern rangers like the previous version of the mod or will you include like I said 2000s rangers etc?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alex150201 said:

To be honest I've seen pictures with rangers in the 2000s wearing MICH helmets. Now I also wanted to ask will you only have modern rangers like the previous version of the mod or will you include like I said 2000s rangers etc?

We are running towards the modern (2014-2018) gear for the main mod.

That means Multicam Crye precision combat uniforms.

CPC and AVS plate carriers.

But we are going to make a DLC like addition to the mod, to add gear like

Some UCP Combat uniforms.

CIRAS and MBAV armor carriers.

Making the gear from the (2007 - 2013) era.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eduardo Argimon said:

We are running towards the modern (2014-2018) gear for the main mod.

That means Multicam Crye precision combat uniforms.

CPC and AVS plate carriers.

But we are going to make a DLC like addition to the mod, to add gear like

Some UCP Combat uniforms.

CIRAS and MBAV armor carriers.

Making the gear from the (2007 - 2013) era.

So in that case the MICH2001 would be a great addition for the 2007-2013 Rangers

• Like 1

If we're talking rangers, MICH 2000, not 2001. I'd still love to see 2001's and 2002's at some point though, since other units did use them. Have you guys thought about how you're going to organize this project? I feel like the best way to go would be a core pack with all the vests, uniforms, helmets, and other gear in some general styles like flat colors and multicam, and then separate factions that depend on the core assets and include their own unit-specific textures like AOR for NSW or M81 for MARSOC.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

So in that case the MICH2001 would be a great addition for the 2007-2013 Rangers

I don't follow?? How would it Alex, I've never seen Rangers wearing any sort of cut version of the MICH, let alone the 2001 version, especially between 2007-2013, it would not be an accurate representation of the Helmet they were issued with during that time frame.

I've seen plenty of NSW wearing the 2001, and Lothar there's plenty of pictorial evidence to see that DEVGRU wearing the 2001 beyond 2010 as well.

Can you link some pictures of the Ranger Regiment wearing the 2001 version, as it's peaked my curiosity.

• Like 2

Okay, sorry about the shit storm guys over the MICH2001, I really need to be more specific when I post things like that, lol. I didn't mean the MICH2001 for the Rangers, I had just meant it as an addition to the overall gear collection that will not only be used for the Rangers, but others as well. Until I get that other thread open, I'll be making some random posts here that isn't always necessarily Ranger-related. I know I probably shouldn't do that, to ease any confusion that it causes, I just get excited sometimes and start clicking stuff, lol. So...to be clear, the MICH2001 is being added to the overall gear pack, not the Rangers. 

53 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Have you guys thought about how you're going to organize this project? I feel like the best way to go would be a core pack with all the vests, uniforms, helmets, and other gear in some general styles like flat colors and multicam, and then separate factions that depend on the core assets and include their own unit-specific textures like AOR for NSW or M81 for MARSOC.

Glad you mentioned it, because that is something I would like to go over real quick. It's pretty obvious that we have some other units in the works apart from the Rangers, and with all the gear on the way it would be one hell of a wait if we held off until everything is done to make a release. So instead, we will be doing almost exactly as you said, and creating core gear packs (categorized) that the units will rely on as a requirement...but this means that the gear can be used without the units as well. This makes the most sense to keep the mod as modular as possible, allowing people to pick what they need...and leave out the stuff they don't. Furthermore, this would also keep the mods from overlapping eachother so that both Rangers and (for instance) DEVGRU aren't loading up the same items as one another. The AVS, as well as some other smaller items, will be the first release of the gear pack(s), and with that will be the opening of a new thread that will cover all this secretive stuff a little better. So to recap, once the textures and everything seems to be complete with the AVS, and instead of doing testing with a select group of people, it will be released as a basic configuration (meaning no loadouts or rigged up gear, just the basic plate carrier itself). This gives everyone a chance to test things for themselves and see it all in action, while the Rangers and other items are still being updated. This will allow us to stay at a steady progression forward, and begin receiving feedback and bug reports as we move along. This will be the method used for most all of the items....get a basic version working ingame, release it with a gear pack, then continue updating the item and getting it added to the units pack, then the finalized item will be released upon the units update (which will also mean update to the gear pack). Which means pretty frequent updates to the Gear packs, whereas the units will only receive an update once a good amount of work has been completed for them. Sorry about the novel, just wanted to be clear on how we proceed from here.

EDIT: And this may be a bit early to mention, but definitely something some of you may like, we are considering releasing the source files for all of our content AFTER our projects are complete, so that the community may benefit from them and further improve things or modify to their liking (with credits of course). This only includes source files created by us (myself, Sahio, and Eduardo), we won't be releasing any source files that belong to other authors in the mod. Don't mark my words on it, we'll still be talking it all over before that time comes.

EDIT2: Also I wouldn't advise anyone to begin retexturing/config-editing things right on the first release, unless you just like redoing the same work over again. Because there is a 99.9% chance that items will have reworked models/UV maps/Texture files upon their final release. You have been warned, so proceed as you wish.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, road runner said:

I don't follow?? How would it Alex, I've never seen Rangers wearing any sort of cut version of the MICH, let alone the 2001 version, especially between 2007-2013, it would not be an accurate representation of the Helmet they were issued with during that time frame.

I've seen plenty of NSW wearing the 2001, and Lothar there's plenty of pictorial evidence to see that DEVGRU wearing the 2001 beyond 2010 as well.

Can you link some pictures of the Ranger Regiment wearing the 2001 version, as it's peaked my curiosity.

I'll put a spoiler

The first 2 pictures were the ones I had originally seen sometime ago. 
rangers-street-hr.jpg

Ranger_MOUT_exercise.jpg

The pictures from here and on are ones I found now 
186971ACU.jpg
A1RN3wG.jpg
rangers.jpg
armyrangers-e1502362075251.jpg
100428-A-6095H-004e-367x577.jpg
afgan.jpg
army-ranger-soldier-hr.jpg

Also this one :D 

FIG-IPN-1821.jpg

21 hours ago, Siege-A said:

FmeWRHZ.png

This picture supports my comment on why I think your helmets look "off". I was doing a unit op with a mix of RHS and this MOD so I had time to figure out. The attachments to your helmets i.e. the velco, ARC rails, and NVG mounts are "flat". 

I am sorry if i am not properly describing  this. That is why the picture supports what I am thinking.

9 minutes ago, Alex150201 said:

I'll put a spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

rangers-street-hr.jpg

Ranger_MOUT_exercise.jpg

186971ACU.jpg
A1RN3wG.jpg
rangers.jpg
afgan.jpg

FIG-IPN-1821.jpg

Thise aren’t MICH 2001’s lmao

• Like 3

4 hours ago, road runner said:

I supposed that the main focus was the modern era and I haven't recently seen any 2001s being used by NSW in Syria. But then again, my scope of focus really isn't NSW or their gear - or at least not to the same extent as the Unit or DG. DG guys kept using 2001s for some time after 2010, because the new hot stuff always goes first to team leaders and such. But as off 2011, Maritime was the standard issued helmet and is still so.
And it's Lothear, thanks.

8 hours ago, Lothear said:

They are not. At least to my knowledge. NSW guys use LBH helmets and NSWDG guys use Maritimes (they did use 2001s until 2010).

You can definitely find pictures of NSW units wearing MICH2001 2010-present.

5 hours ago, road runner said:

To my knowledge, you can't. The Regiment went from the MICH2000 to the Ops Core around the end of the iraqi conflict ('03-'11).

2 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

I'll put a spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

rangers-street-hr.jpg

Ranger_MOUT_exercise.jpg

186971ACU.jpg
A1RN3wG.jpg
rangers.jpg
afgan.jpg

FIG-IPN-1821.jpg

My friend, every single one of those pictures has Rangers wearing the MICH2000 and some wearing 2002s and not the MICH2001

34 minutes ago, Lothear said:

I supposed that the main focus was the modern era and I haven't recently really seen any 2001s being used by NSW in Syria. But then again, my scope of focus really isn't NSW or their gear - or at least not to the same extent as the Unit or DG. DG guys kept using 2001s for some time after 2010, because the new hot stuff always goes first to team leaders and such. But as off 2011, Maritime was the standard issued helmet and is still so.

Not all of the new stuff gets passed down and used. You must remember that the people in these units use what they feel comfortable with to get the maximum use out of their kit.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, unearthedtru7h said:

Not all of the new stuff gets passed down and used. You must remember that the people in these units use what they feel comfortable with to get the maximum use out of their kit.

That's true. I've even heard of some DG guys still using 6094s or seen the Unit guy using Comtacs 1. But as I said, I have only seen LBHs recently so that's what I considered to be the standard helmet now.

5 minutes ago, Lothear said:

That's true. I've even heard of some DG guys still using 6094s or seen the Unit guy using Comtacs 1. But as I said, I have only seen LBHs recently so that's what I considered to be the standard helmet now.

Not sure how only seeing Ops Cores in pictures makes it the standard...

6 minutes ago, Lothear said:

Don't take this the wrong way. But you've got ZERO clue of what you're talking about...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, unearthedtru7h said:

Not sure how only seeing Ops Cores in pictures makes it the standard...

Because of not seeing anything else...?  These are all very recent photos (2017+). I don't see a single MICH. And yes, I realize that oftentimes guys use different gear for training, but I stand corrected, as off now I haven't seen any.

Spoiler

1000w_q95.jpg
1000w_q95.jpg
1000w_q95.jpg
2lxwhuv.jpg
14t28w1.jpg
IiYJT7I.jpg

36 minutes ago, GoldSquadronRecruiting said:

Don't take this the wrong way. But you've got ZERO clue of what you're talking about...

And you base your deduction on what actually? I normally don't care about a random internet guy's opinion... but this just makes me wonder...
But hey, let's keep it for PM. I don't want to spam Siege and Eduardo's thread any more.

What's your pbo plan? As someone who has curated modpacks for several milsim units over the years, I generally appreciate when a mod takes a modular approach to pbo's. Please don't take this the wrong way, but in my position I'm focused solely on the gear you're creating (which looks fantastic, btw), and not on the units you'll be putting together. That being said, the mod as a single pbo including units and gear is a minor nuisance, as the units add one more category (or worse) to the editor that I don't need. My recommendation is to include a separate pbo with your units, that can be ran as an option. Include it in your Workshop entry, but those of us that use Arma3Sync and other methods would be grateful. Thanks.

PS: If you need any help with configs or have any questions about doing what I'm proposing, please don't hesitate to let me know.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BadHabitz said:

What's your pbo plan?

No problem dude, and don't take this the wrong way either, but if you scroll up maybe just a little ways, the pbo plan in a sense was what that whole bunch of jibberish was that I last posted. Goes over pretty much everything you just mentioned here. But I'm with ya on the modular thing, and that's the direction. As far as how releases will be made, that's pretty much always gonna be Direct, Armaholic, and Steam. Just not too sure about PW6 or A3Sync or any of that other...stuff, tried the whole PW6 thing and haven't even been able to update my patches mod on it in ages now...so oh well, given up on those 'auto-mod installers'. Either way, in the end we're pretty easy going and I'm sure we can work something out. Thanks for the interest and I'll give you a shout if anything comes up.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

No problem dude...

Thanks for the reply. PM sent

10 hours ago, SSG Halverson said:

Thise aren’t MICH 2001’s lmao

My bad lmao.

7 hours ago, unearthedtru7h said:

My friend, every single one of those pictures has Rangers wearing the MICH2000 and some wearing 2002s and not the MICH2001

Yeah I was thinking of the MICH2000 my bad.

Time for some more Ranger gear. Something I've wanted for awhile, as I'm sure others have as well, and just didn't feel quite right using the A2 model.

Orc Industries PCU Level 5 Soft Shell Jacket & Pants

xNvZX7e.png

cueIBM6.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

On 03/03/2018 at 7:33 PM, Lothear said:

Because of not seeing anything else...?  These are all very recent photos (2017+). I don't see a single MICH. And yes, I realize that oftentimes guys use different gear for training, but I stand corrected, as off now I haven't seen any.

Reveal hidden contents

And you base your deduction on what actually? I normally don't care about a random internet guy's opinion... but this just makes me wonder...
But hey, let's keep it for PM. I don't want to spam Siege and Eduardo's thread any more.

Oi...want in this debate... Want my hands in any Intel that I can gather to have the mods the most accurate possible.

Thanks guys.

1 hour ago, Eduardo Argimon said:

Oi...want in this debate... Want my hands in any Intel that I can gather to have the mods the most accurate possible.

Thanks guys.

If there were anything to debate...
I can provide you with some photos, which I think would be better so you can see for yourself, but if you won't focus on DG (there is however not many pictures of modern day DG) or CAG later on, I think it will not be much of a help. There is also some stuff that you don't see on photos, but know its being used, and so you have to rely on knowledge that certain people have.
And even then, if you want to do a good e.g. modern DG loadout, you are fucked anyway, cuz - no NCPC, NJPC, Plateframe, no HK416 with DD or Rahg rail, no PEQ LA-5...  So in the end, you can create only so much.