Slightly off-topic (swear I'll get a new thread open one of these days), we've got a few more plate carriers that have been added to our worklist (not necessarily for the Rangers), and just wanted to share some of that info with you guys. Seeing as how we already have the Crye CPC, AVS, CAC (Gen1), and the recently completed CAC (Gen2), we figured fuck it, we'll just go ahead and finish off the Crye collection. So the Crye LVS and JPC 2.0 have been thrown in as well to make for one hell of a plate carrier pack. We have others (as well as chest rigs) in the works outside of just Crye Precision, but we'll get more into that later.

Crye Precision CAGE Armor Chassis

1BSbLqs.png

Crye Precision Plate Carriers

4EZ30x5.png

• Like 26

Damn, it's getting better and better. You don't even know how glad I am that you're trying to be as accurate as possible. I can't wait.
I'd like to ask a question though. Since you mentioned other Crye PCs, do you guys also consider making NJPC?

44 minutes ago, Lothear said:

Damn, it's getting better and better. You don't even know how glad I am that you're trying to be as accurate as possible. I can't wait.
I'd like to ask a question though. Since you mentioned other Crye PCs, do you guys also consider making NJPC?

Can you get us any info on it?

38 minutes ago, Lothear said:

Since you mentioned other Crye PCs, do you guys also consider making NJPC?

Well never really considered it, but seeing as how most of the differences between the JPC and the NJPC are pretty minimal (from what I've noticed anyways), I don't think it would be a problem to do both. Furthermore, found some nice reference pics of Rangers using the Crye LV-MBAV, very similar to the LVS, but may just do that one as well. Then we have the Crye Airlite Plate Carrier...still on the fence about this one, very good possibility it will be done though. And finally, for any PCs that can use the Swimmer Cut plates, we will also be including those as variants. So alot to look forward to and the list just keeps getting bigger.

9 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

Well never really considered it, but seeing as how most of the differences between the JPC and the NJPC are pretty minimal (from what I've noticed anyways), I don't think it would be a problem to do both. Furthermore, found some nice reference pics of Rangers using the Crye LV-MBAV, very similar to the LVS, but may just do that one as well. Then we have the Crye Airlite Plate Carrier...still on the fence about this one, very good possibility it will be done though. And finally, for any PCs that can use the Swimmer Cut plates, we will also be including those as variants. So alot to look forward to and the list just keeps getting bigger.

Check your steam

40 minutes ago, Eduardo Argimon said:

Can you get us any info on it?

Well it's basically a JPC with sewed mag flaps, ST6 shit, not ranger stuff, but seeing that you're continually expanding the number of crye stuff, I just had to ask :icon_biggrin:

Spoiler

20130530-172537.jpg

Ano59Jn.jpg

34 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

That'd be cool. I don't want to make this post even more off topic than it is now but if you have any future plans for other units, NJPC is basically the go-to PC for DG now just as the JPC 2.0 and AVS are for the unit.
Hey but.. don't let me continue this any further, I'll just stick to ranger stuff for now before I get too excited - or more than I already am :icon_biggrin:

On 28/02/2018 at 5:11 AM, road runner said:

Outstanding work ladies, the scale of the SAPI plate looks spot on.
The change in the velcro makes it also look so much better too.

Thanks, is a big deal coming from you.

As of the scale of the gear, we are aiming to see what we've always wanted, accurate portrait of the gear.

We research a lot, and also try to merge the research with personal experience in were we came in contact with similar type of gear.

As to the Textures, Siege learned a lot from Hawaiian and improved a lot over the time.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Lothear said:

That'd be cool. I don't want to make this post even more off topic than it is now but if you have any future plans for other units, NJPC is basically the go-to PC for DG now just as the JPC 2.0 and AVS are for the unit

Not gonna lie, when you first mentioned the NJPC I thought it was a joke....figured you were referencing the New Jimmy Plate Carrier by Semapo Gear, lol. Was gonna say 'Nah buddy, we're trying to stay away from airsoft gear around here.' But, no worries, I did my research and found it, so thanks for bringing that one up. It also helped me to discover several other PCs that have special variants for the Navy, such as the NCPC. So with this discovery, guess we can count on those being made as well. Shit's gettin real. 

• Like 4

With all the focus on the new plate carriers and uniforms, figured it was about time to shed some light on the helmets as well. Threw together a preview of the new accessory assets for the helmets. Some of the new models are just replacements for some older items, but also have some entirely new to the mod. Bear in mind, we are only replacing items that need it, while also keeping the polycount in consideration, so not everything will be used here.

Can't forget them packs either, so for our first addition (apart from the Camelbak):

Crye Precision AVS 1000 Pack

VhECo5j.png

KKEmldd.png

0vVnvDm.jpg

• Like 26

damn everything is looking good here, thanks for the frequent updates on all the new stuff too 

• Like 1

Did you guys change the helmet model? The old one looks a bit out of scale in my opnion.

Good to see they will have the correct Maritime rail.

Thanks for the work guys, everything is looking good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabriel.13 said:

Did you guys change the helmet model? The old one looks a bit out of scale in my opnion.

Nope, haven't done anything editing-wise to the helmets themselves, although I'm sure we'll be doing a few edits to them before its all over with. We had actually considered remodelling all new Opscores, but that's still to be determined, because for the most part we're all perfectly satisfied with DaveGary's ones that are already in the pack (IMO, they are some of the best looking in A3 currently). Anyhow, we'll see what happens as we get further along. We're definitely gonna do anything that seems necessary, whether that means entirely new models or editing the current ones. Same goes with the MICH helmets, probably will keep the current models and just modify them as needed. But nothing is set in stone, so we shall see.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gabriel.13 said:

I agree. The shape of the helmet is a bit "off" compared to other mods.

I also agree they're off, I think a big psrt of it is they're oversized and positioned too far back on the head. warden_1's opscore is the best around imo. but these problems are fixable, with just a little rescaling, repositioning, and maybe a little reshaping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a little time so I took a closer inspection at the Opscore model, comparing it with the actual images on their site for a good reference. And I have noticed some differences that throw it off. First off, one of the main differences that I think may sometimes be confused, is the model by DaveGary appears to be more based on something similar to the Fast XP High Cut Helmet, rather than the Fast MT Super High Cut. But, even with it being based on the High Cut, there are still several differences that need to be corrected...things like the shape of the back of the helmet and where it wraps to the sides, and major adjustments needed to the ARC rails. 

As always, thanks for the notice guys, never really dove too deep into it as the focus had been on many other things. So after looking things over I believe our course from here will be to either modify DaveGary's model to better resemble the high cut, or create a new model for it, whichever seems to make more sense. Also, we'll create the Opscore super high cut as a new model regardless whats done with the high cut. Sound like a plan?

FmeWRHZ.png

• Like 15

I wouldnt really bother to be honest, its not too big a difference and stands out from the millions of other opscore helmets already in mod circulation.  The already existing one also has the benefit of fitting multiple head shapes like BIS standard and Zee's narrower ones

• Like 1

The only problem I see with the helmets is that they seem to sit too high on the head but they are definately very nice. If they could be lowered I think it would be perfect! Awesome job you guys are doing

52 minutes ago, Riksen said:

The only problem I see with the helmets is that they seem to sit too high on the head but they are definately very nice. If they could be lowered I think it would be perfect! Awesome job you guys are doing

We will try, but we gotta keep in mind if the model is not gonna clip through BI head models, might work perfectly for some, and fail miserably for others, there are certain compromises we will need to do in order to get the models to fit most.

But anyway, thank you all for the support and the help noticing problems

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 3p0x1 said:

The already existing one also has the benefit of fitting multiple head shapes like BIS standard and Zee's narrower ones

That is definitely something I would like to take into account, as this is a one size fits all situation whereas in real life its much different...helmet sizes, head proportions, strap fitting, etc. Any changes made will be done with these things in consideration so we can try to maintain a uniform look among all head types.

While we're talking about helmets, how's about a MICH2001?

fDVWk0y.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good god you guys need to chill, by the time this mod is rereleased the back of my throat is gonna be blown out:f:

Seriously though great work on this stuff keep it up and this is easily gonna be a go to mod for most people. 

One small gripe/area to possibly improve with the helmets to me would be the microphone on the peltors. It looks quite small and it sticks out away from mouth a bit too much I find. Nothing major or game breaking by any means but just an observation. 

Keep up the amazing work you guys!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siege-A said:

Rangers don't wear MICH2001. MICH2001s are most common in NSW units.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Siege-A said:

I'd love some MICH2001s