Would certainly be unique-and would fit with Arma's 2035 setting. Personally I am really not a fan of the mandibles, but that's just me.

• Like 3

Thanks for the feedback ineptaphid. Definitely wanting to give these 'future' based guys a unique feeling to them. I do agree with you on the mandible protection, never been a huge fan of it myself, but since we're just trying to fit them in with the armaverse setting, seemed like a suitable choice. I can't help but picture these guys fully rigged out and standing next to the default A3 units, getting the sense of an elite special operations force. Trying to maintain that thin line of being able to distinguish them apart from standard infantry or other SF (SOF).

Always open to suggestions for gear/equipment used with the 2035 units.

• Like 3

I feel like there would be a crotch protector or maybe a little neck protector like these. not sure if they would look good or not though

vj72ipS.jpgbaZgDfH.jpgn

• Like 2

Good suggestions RabbitSniper, but I'm already feeling like the Rangers may be a lil too heavily armored with just the Armour Chassis, don't wanna overdue it so much as to where they feel like a 'heavy' infantry force. May end up doing the neck protection for a separate release of the vest. You have given me an idea of another gear item though...hand warmer. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

Good suggestions RabbitSniper, but I'm already feeling like the Rangers may be a lil too heavily armored with just the Armour Chassis, don't wanna overdue it so much as to where they feel like a 'heavy' infantry force. May end up doing the neck protection for a separate release of the vest. You have given me an idea of another gear item though...hand warmer. 

Hand warmers? Like those things golfers use? 

Or do you mean under armour thermal thingys?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DSC_0250-edited.jpg

Fit in with that cold weather gear

• Like 2

Ohhhh!! Nice :D Never saw one of them before.

I thought you meant these :D heat-factory-instant-hand-warmers-40-pac

• Haha 4

So not a whole lot of progress to show off, been dealing with a cold for a few days. Figured I would at least drop in and show off the Airframe helmet chops that Sahio did. Hopefully be back at it and have a bit more to show later in the week. 

CMLgqdw.png

oJlD4yU.png

• Like 12

Sorry guys for the lack of updates/screens, things have been very busy for me as we near Christmas. Not to mention that I bought a new pc couple weeks ago, so has been quite the task getting everything transferred over to it. But not to worry, got things pretty well situated now and work shall continue. Really eager to get an update out soon, but also want to make sure its got a good few treats in it as well. Either way, things are back on track and moving forward.

• Like 13

Okay, I know I've neglected the forums for a bit, but work has continued slowly but surely. Figured I would go ahead and hit you guys with some screens so it doesn't seem like the mod is dead in the water. Most of my work has been getting the config redone and ready, so not a whole lot to show there. But, that's not to say other assets are being ignored either.

A quick rundown on the content shown in the photos below: Firstly, I've been going through updating some of the models already included with the pack, and this first pic just shows the changes made with the Garmin GPS. Next up, the uniform. We are creating new uniforms from scratch, the one in the photo being the Crye G3 Field Uniform, which will be followed by some others as well. Main thing to mention about the uniforms will be the level of customization available. Uniforms will come in many variants including: 2x pair of Gloves (fingerless/full), 2x pair of boots (highcut/lowcut), gloves/boots combined on separate tex file for easy retex, separate sleeves for different tabs/insignias per arm, sleeves rolled/long, collar folded/raised, & pants tucked into boots/untucked. More variation options may be presented as progress is made. The last photo shows many of the new vest accessories being added...new pouches/radio/battlebelt/holster/ptt/etc. The throat mic shown isn't likely to be included with the Rangers, unless I can find some info on them actually using it (or have used it in the past). Anyhow, hope you guys enjoy, and I'll try to make a better habit of posting updates a lil more often. 

sWrUU4j.png

1SFnXHy.png

jlERZHJ.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

And some more pics of the field shirt variations as well as the new boonie hat that Sahio just finished:

s5HUM7s.png

vVnQZG5.png

• Like 12

V0MYr9E.pngxhzkxPP.jpg

These are the textures I'm currently working for the hiking boot and combat boot, that sahio did.
Siege is guiding me trough it

• Like 17

Progress is moving along nicely. G3 Combat Pants model is pretty much ready:

2z7QyY6.png

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Siege-A said:

Progress is moving along nicely. G3 Combat Pants model is pretty much ready:

Will you allow retextures? I would love to remove g3 kneepads by playing with normal maps and make some ucp textures

2 hours ago, Ltf said:

Will you allow retextures? I would love to remove g3 kneepads by playing with normal maps and make some ucp textures

There will be field pants without the knee pads

• Like 2

Just as Eduardo had mentioned, the field pants which are already done don't have kneed pads at all. But, we have kept the kneepads on the combat pants as a removable object, so good chance of some variants of these without the kneepads as well. And yes, definitely gonna allow retextures.

• Like 7

I also wanted to mention the change in the CIRAS models. One of the last thing's Will had been working on for the mod, was revamping the CIRAS model/textures for a much better quality look. Which this can already be previewed in the current release as 'CIRAS_v5'. His plan was to replace all the older CIRAS models with this new one (once all the different loadouts had been rigged up). Now this is still the plan, and work has begun on transferring over the loadouts and getting them ready. So why am I bringing this up? Well there were still some people out there that still thought it would be a good idea to keep the original models while adding the new ones (not entirely sure why).  So I had a thought that may still make that a possibility. Since there are some older era Rangers in the works, why not just use the older models on them....giving a little more dated look. Just a thought anyways, and just wanted to mention it to see what you guys think of the idea.

I've been doing some reading back through this thread to look over some of the requests that had been made earlier on, which brings me to a couple more additions/changes that will be incorporated into the mod. 

- Making the mod compatible with ACE

- Reworking the randomization script so that it can be optional

- Combining models into HiddenSelection setups

- Adding more variety to accessory slots for customization

These were some of the features that had been requested and all seemed like good choices. 

nLb9uIr.png

And as a side note, if there are any scripters out there that may know how to make the GPS functional, I would definitely be interested in giving that a look. If you have some knowledge about this, or can help me locate other mods which have achieved this, please feel free to post here or PM me. Thanks.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

G3 combat shirt model complete, finishing out that set. And before anyone panics, the current vanilla uniform retextures in the pack will still be available.

AHh5rBR.png

• Like 17

this sure is shaping up to be quite the addon. perhaps you could eve  spread out to include other SOCOM units as well, theres a lot of gear crossover. it'd be cool to see newer vests like the Crye AVS at some point. good work with all these new uniforms. its really nice to see some new progress, as we havent gotten anything for a long time.

• Like 4