Just wanted to drop in and give everyone a quick update. The file transfer isn't 100% complete, but I have received enough from Will to go ahead with an updated release that will fix some of the errors that are currently present. That will be the focus of this release once it is ready, no additions to assets (yet), just an update to make the mod functional again. Afterwards, I will begin upgrading the mod with new units/gear/factions/etc, while keeping as much of Hawaiian's work intact as possible. This will also include optional replacement weapon configs.

Yes, permission has been given to do all of this. We did some talking over things and he is allowing me to continue the mod for him since he lacks the time to do so right now, but he will always be recognized as the original author and can take things back over whenever he's ready. This first update will be posted under this thread, and I will always update new releases here as well, but a new thread may be created in the future just to allow managing things more easily.

Release should be soon, as Will had previously fixed some of the issues before files were sent, and hasn't been too hard for me to track down the rest. So far, fixes include:

- APEX errors (iteminfo/weaponslots/etc)

- Missing radio/magazine textures

- Missing FastPack model

- Removal of RH weapons as requirement (temporarily filled in with the A3 SPAR rifles)

- Picture not found SCARH Magazine

Still have a known texture error for the nvgs, but once that's taken care of I'll probably go ahead and get it uploaded.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Okay, after exhausting everything I know, I still have been unable to locate the source of the NVG texture error. It's very strange, as I've checked the configs/models/rvmats numerous times now, but can't find any link at all to this texture file. So figured I would throw it up here and see if anyone might have any ideas, or have encountered something similar. It's not a major issue, appears on first load and gone, so if I can't find a fix soon, will still make the release and worry about it later. Making things more complicated, Steam A3 Tools has given me hell. Hadn't had much trouble with it up until today, but couldn't get Addon Builder running, so I completely uninstalled the tool suite and now it isn't even listed under the Tools Library in Steam...so can't download it back again. Not sure what's going on there, typical Steam BS, but at this point I'm just going to use BI's Tool Suite on their site till I can figure out what's happening with Steam's tools. Once again, if any of you have any knowledge about this, would definitely help out. Thanks.

ZCSEhJ9.jpg

• Like 2

if you have the source files for the NVG's look in the rvmats for them, and delete the TI part.

The eotxps3_ti_ca.paa is still in A3 folder, as I just checked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't know a thing about fixing those errors but I just wanted to say thank you Siege-A for continuing to work on this amazing mod! Very excited for the updates! 

And obviously, thank you Hawaiian for making this kickass mod and allowing Siege-A to continue it! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, road runner said:

if you have the source files for the NVG's look in the rvmats for them, and delete the TI part.

The eotxps3_ti_ca.paa is still in A3 folder, as I just checked.

Thanks for the info Cal. Funny thing about it is, I've checked the NVG models themselves as well as their RVMATs numerous times now, making sure I didn't miss anything, and none of the rv's even have anything for the ti file. I don't see anything that can possibly be linked to the A3 files, the only thing that comes close is the glass on the NVG's, which is reading from the HAMR glass in weapon attachments. But even that has no links to the eotech. Pretty strange. 

18 hours ago, autigergrad said:

Well hell yes @Siege-A!!!!

I imagine the unit will also get 75th rangers patches from you as well?

I may add some more patches in for the Rangers on the update after this first release.

• Like 4

Okay, after some much needed R&R, the Rangers are back on duty and ready for deployment. This release consists of mostly just bug/error fixes, with one new CIRAS vest variation thrown in by Hawaiian as an extra bonus. The NVG texture error is still present, but I'll be looking into having that eliminated by the next update. Future plans for the mod will be announced soon, and there are definitely some nice new additions planned. Hope you all enjoy the update and be sure to send a beer over to Will for making all of this possible. A Steam Workshop release will be coming as well, and still debating on PW6. 

Hawaiian's 75th Rangers v1.1:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7d13evnbqbucfjb/HAYN_75Rangers_v1-1.7z?dl=0

Note: The mod has been re-signed (server key included)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Nice. Great to see this mod being kept going. I remember how exciting it was when i got the  unreleased test version to try out from Hawaiian. Had been following the development for so damn long!  :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Foxhound.

Everyone be sure to continue to post bugs/errors so I can get an idea of things that still need to be fixed. Thanks in advance.

Edit: And just to ease any confusion over the versioning for this release. v1.1 is the same thing as v0.5. Just got all mixed up in the transfer, but all versions that I release will be follow ups to 1.1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, carlosxx said:

All depends if he has any content included from this mod in his own. From reading the comments, sounds like he only used Hawaiian's gear for the pictures (which is awfully misleading in my opinion) but states that he didn't use any of the content in his mod. I'm not able to verify this, but if you can prove that he is using resources from this mod then please do share, as that wouldn't be allowed...especially without asking.

21 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

All depends if he has any content included from this mod in his own. From reading the comments, sounds like he only used Hawaiian's gear for the pictures (which is awfully misleading in my opinion) but states that he didn't use any of the content in his mod. I'm not able to verify this, but if you can prove that he is using resources from this mod then please do share, as that wouldn't be allowed...especially without asking.

I loaded it in, he has Hawaiian's OpsCores and beanies 

• Thanks 2

Yep, he uses stuff from this mod, i can´t verify any other violations, the comments semm to point at more than one thou.

• Thanks 2

thanks for the heads up guys. I messaged the guy, didn't bash him tho, just asked politely but it's up to him to decide. 

• Like 2

lol, good thing Will was ontop of it....not sure I would have responded quite so nicely, especially after seeing that 'SINGH' has stolen work in the arma community before (JSOC mod). Then I look at his 75th Ranger RRC milsim site, and its covered in assets/textures from Hawaiian's mod...shame we can't get that site flagged/removed as well. But in any case, I guess some people don't have the talent required to make their own shit...or the decency to at least ask someone to use their work (and credit them). DMCA takedown has been filed and the page should be taken down soon. Thanks again to everyone that made us aware of it and trust me, the official Steam Workshop release is on the way. Will update the thread once it has been uploaded.

• Like 5

Really excited to hear about the updates.

Reminds me that I need to clean up my Ranger config I put together with this, RHS, and SMA.  Been a while since I looked at it.

Glad folks are keeping this mod alive!

• Like 2

Thread has been cleaned up, off topic and flame-baiting remarks have been removed. Warnings have been issued where appropriate. Please follow the forum rules, otherwise other penalties will be issued.

Now lets get back on topic.

• Thanks 1

Steam Workshop release is here: 

4yS8Pid.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sweet release man, but I just noticed some things that I'm not sure if they're intentional-

• Weapon weights are all the same.
  • No Variation in accuracy across all weapons.

But other than that, I absolutely applaud you on the mask+helmet combos, zero clipping.

It's the small details that count!

• Like 1

Sweet release man, but I just noticed some things that I'm not sure if they're intentional-

But other than that, I absolutely applaud you on the mask+helmet combos, zero clipping.

4 hours ago, Victruso said:

Many thanks, though I think Hawaiian deserves all the credit there, as he was the original one to make all those helmet/mask combos. As for the weapons...I am currently planning to remove EricJ's weapons from the mod, and replacing them with A3 defaults. This will be done in favor of new optional weapon configs that will be made so players can choose what works best for them. Main reason I decided on doing this, the weapons included haven't been updated in quite some time, and in my own opinion, they feel a bit 'dated'. Not a jab at EricJ, as I absolutely love his work and his weapons packs. So in that case, I feel it would make more sense to have his weapons as an optional config. Otherwise a bunch of work needs to be done to bring those weapons back up to speed.

So, while I'm on the subject, I'll go ahead and reveal some of the future plans for this mod...just keep in mind all of this is WIP and subject to change. Also, I'm not gonna dive too deep into the new assets/models that are in the works, rather save that for when they get closer to completion. Hawaiian also has some further contributions that he never had a chance to release, which will be included once ready.

- General Config cleanup/optimization

- Additional Units/Groups for editor placement and updates to UI

- Replacing EricJ weapons with A3 Defaults

- Optional Weapon Configs (RHS, EricJ, SMA) *Could use additional feedback here to see what weapon packs are most favored

- Additional Gear/Uniform retextures and camo sets

- Additional PBO's for Rangers of earlier time periods

- New equipment assets/models

And just as a treat, here's a screenshot of one of the new model assets that is nearly ready. Model and texture created by DaveGary. I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out which item it is in the pic. I'll release more info as the time comes.

WDBHzJ4.jpg

• Like 11

Decided to throw together some berets for the Rangers using the A3 model. Will include berets for HHC, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Btn, as well as one for Regimental Commander. Nothing major, but definitely thought it be useful for some.

P8CNOtr.jpg

EDIT: Also, I'm very aware of the wire hanging from the PTT. That is already on the list to be fixed.

• Like 5