Do you have a list of what you wish to accomplish in the future with this mod? I am curious.

Check first page before spamming unnecessary comments :)

• Like 2

Hmm, I have been replying to all the e-mails I've been getting, there were 75th Rangers China Milsim,75thRanger Korea Milsim,so many many Milsim from Asia, too much Milsim who wants to modify my work. The only reason why I have a hard time reasoning with you guys is because your english is soooo poor I can't understand what you're asking, so I just say no, I don't mean to I just don't understand what you want.....

Okay,but im not want to modify your work......And even we did something for you to optimize the module.     And i email you , So you are still the original mailbox it?   can u reply next time?

thx :)

I pm'd you my e-mail, cause I'm interested on your proposal, I took my e-mail down because people were spamming me with all kinds of non-sense. I actually don't mind people modifying my scripts as long as they share the work so that others can also benefit from it, so if you modify anything in the scripts/cfg  just post it here so others may use it too. I'm also aware the addon needs an update due to missing textures for one of the vests, right now no one seems to care so I'm just ignoring it for now.

• Like 1

ciao Hawaiian,

I Hope That Your Project has not stopped,I liked your update on their helmets opscore.sdff_by_dissizithawaii-d9sszsy.jpg

• Like 2

Hawaiian is taking a break, he's got the post addon blues.

• Like 2

Hawaiian is taking a break, he's got the post addon blues.

Is it like postpartum depression, but with more request guys?

• Like 3

Is it like postpartum depression, but with more request guys?

Partly, but he put in such a huge effort, he's lacking motivation, I chat with him and Seige A on skype often, we were chatting for months, but recently everyone is feeling jaded so it's gone quiet.

I spoke to him a few days back, he said he's lost his motivation, his mojo is gone lol.

• Like 1

It's probably better for him to take a break, and come back when/if he feels like it, then force himself to keep going and end up turning himself off it for good.

• Like 2

Sometimes you hit a wall, and even simple things like getting the models to show up can turn into a frustrating time, especially when you can't see the errors.

It's like modders block, and lethargy rolled into one.

There's several potentially good addons in development, however I suspect guys are scunnered having to change things after every upgrade too, so holding off till Tanoa is released might not be a bad idea :D

• Like 4

And the sheer amount of work and focus it takes in the last 15 - 20% burns you out pretty bad.

I found it hard to go back to my 2 missions with no major bug reports.

I think you are right and everyone will be in high gear in the months post apex

• Like 2

Yeah, working hard on any project will leave you drained.You will start to overlook simple things which makes it more frustrating and difficult to get through.

Anyway,  recently we have all been gifted with some seriously high quality addons-Hawaiians Rangers, RoadRunners awesome MICH2001's, New RHS and CUP content, Cunicos fantastic vests..and many others I can't think of right now.

I think we can all wait until well after APEX releases and the game  updates slow down a bit :)

• Like 2

Breaks are always good, regardless of the people that may get upset about a lack of updates or something. When Hawaiian took his time off, I decided to do the same, and it was an excellent choice. I spent soooo much of my freetime modding for arma, that I had lost track of many other things. So the break gave me a chance to catch up on everything I had been missing, as well as more time with the family, and only returned with a much stronger spirit for modding than the one that was slowly burning out. Arma is a very unique game that is hard to put down, and when you step away from it for a period of time, it only makes you realize how great this game series really is. As everyone mentioned, excessive modding can make you start to lose focus and get messy, creating problems for yourself from simple little things that you wouldn't have done before. That break can open new views and ideas for you, as well as your determination to reorganize, optimize, and finalize/continue your work.

So on that note, take all the time you need bro, there's many other things in our lives that require our attention...and arma shouldn't be at the top of the list.  ;)

BTW, when's the next update? lol

• Like 6

Pretty much Siege...

I finally got to some yardwork b4 summer hit and now all my pressure washing etc is done.

After I spent 2 weeks straight on that mission... I said to my gf... I think I have an addiction... she rolled her eyes and said welcome back

• Like 2

An addiction, that's exactly right. So where's the thread for 'REHAB: People addicted to Arma' ?  :D

• Like 2

I always accepted it as an Art form but always afraid to get lost in it, so maybe it is an addiction!? That's why I had to take a break, getting too damn lost in modding which is very fun and both stressing and stress relieving...but the end product is the frosting on the cake! But yeah I'll get back into it when I do, I have so much great assets and idea's from other authors and can't wait when I decide to get back at it again. I know my last updated addon needed a texture fixed, I actually had it uploaded ever since it was addressed but seeing no one is nagging for the update I didn't feel obligated to upload it.

• Like 10

I always accepted it as an Art form but always afraid to get lost in it, so maybe it is an addiction!? That's why I had to take a break, getting too damn lost in modding which is very fun and both stressing and stress relieving...but the end product is the frosting on the cake! But yeah I'll get back into it when I do, I have so much great assets and idea's from other authors and can't wait when I decide to get back at it again. I know my last updated addon needed a texture fixed, I actually had it uploaded ever since it was addressed but seeing no one is nagging for the update I didn't feel obligated to upload it.

Yeah, you just relax mate.The addon is perfect-no issues to be fixed or anything.Take it easy and come back when you feel you want to ;)

• Like 1

Hello guys. I have a problem. I installed this pack with Arma3Sync and when I´m in Virtual Arsenal and I try to use a helmet or a plate carrier or a pair of googles, it just doesn´t appear in my player. Does someone know a solution to this?

Hello guys. I have a problem. I installed this pack with Arma3Sync and when I´m in Virtual Arsenal and I try to use a helmet or a plate carrier or a pair of googles, it just doesn´t appear in my player. Does someone know a solution to this?

There is sometimes a glitch I and others get where if you look, the vest or helmet spawns attatched to the characters feet-it will be on the ground. often just restarting will fix it, but what you should do is change the load order of the mods.Put the Rangers mod after it's dependencies in your mod list.

You are running it's two dependant mods as well right?

Didn't you also have to run the addon before CBA as well?

Didn't you also have to run the addon before CBA as well?

I usually have CBA as the first addon in my list and run everything after it.

Hawaiian,

It looks like you're taking a break from what I can gather. I'm part of a milsim group (75th RRC) and we've adopted your 0.4 version for our uni's, vests, backpacks and nvg's. If you ever do get back to this mod, could you include a regimental patch that has the just the Ranger tab over the scroll (without the Airborne) just for accuracy sake. A few of us are vets and I'm just trying to get some stuff more accurate. There is an RHS patch, but it lacks the size accuracy of your patches included with the mod. If you read this, thanks for a great mod regardless of future changes or not... :cheers:

• Like 1

Hawaiian,

It looks like you're taking a break from what I can gather. I'm part of a milsim group (75th RRC) and we've adopted your 0.4 version for our uni's, vests, backpacks and nvg's. If you ever do get back to this mod, could you include a regimental patch that has the just the Ranger tab over the scroll (without the Airborne) just for accuracy sake. A few of us are vets and I'm just trying to get some stuff more accurate. There is an RHS patch, but it lacks the size accuracy of your patches included with the mod. If you read this, thanks for a great mod regardless of future changes or not... :cheers:

Check out the USP patch addon-it has something like 1500 patches in it.The pbo's are divided into categories, so you can delete the stuff you wont be using.But for the US alone there are several hundred patches for every unit and division you can think of. Also contains hundreds of morale patches and stuff from other countries,movies games etc. I am positive you will find what you are looking for ;)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26519