hello how come you have not Submitted l ' upgrate At the helmets ?

Aloha, I haven't really upgraded them all yet, I was just testing on how the arc adapter might look on the ops-core, personally I'd like to make the wire-y part thicker, just looks too thin and the placement of the arc adapter I think is okay but could possibly be moved back just a bit ,to leave room for the other attachments. The adapter is also conflicting with the helmets that have goggle straps on them and all the helmets with the surefire that's placed on the left side of the helmets rail. Things need to be moved,resized,etc. these things take time especially the way I have everything set up, I have no help when doing these things so they will take a considerable amount of time, so just be patient.....

• Like 3

I don't know if someone is already mentioned this, but some helmets have dual flashlights (HL1-A-TN's and normal torch). That might not be very realistic.

Anyway, thanks for the mod. I really apprecciate your effort!

I don't know if someone is already mentioned this, but some helmets have dual flashlights (HL1-A-TN's and normal torch). That might not be very realistic.

Thanks for your input, I will correct those in the next update.

Anyway, thanks for the mod. I really apprecciate your effort!

Pretty standard. One with Red lens filter for low light use and one just very bright white light for those times when light discipline is not a concern. 

Pretty standard. One with Red lens filter for low light use and one just very bright white light for those times when light discipline is not a concern. 

yes, no, maybe so, hate when this happens lol

• Like 3

That makes sense, but is it really "pretty stantard"? I haven't seen a single picture where a Ranger uses a such combo. Usually you see either HL1-A-TN's, some other helmet light or just a torch attached to it. Never two of them at once.

E: I'm not a military expert by any means, but wouldn't chemlights be far more useful when you have to worry about light discipline? You can bring it closer to the object (map, checklist etc.) you want to see and with the foil wrapper you can regulate the amount of light quite easily.

• Like 1

That makes sense, but is it really "pretty stantard"? I haven't seen a single picture where a Ranger uses a such combo. Usually you see either HL1-A-TN's, some other helmet light or just a torch attached to it. Never two of them at once.

E: I'm not a military expert by any means, but wouldn't chemlights be far more useful when you have to worry about light discipline? You can bring it closer to the object (map, checklist etc.) you want to see and with the foil wrapper you can regulate the amount of light quite easily.

guess i'll take it off than.........lol fuck

• Like 1

guess i'll take it off than.........lol fuck

no mate don't. they look awesome already. And if you really feel that you have to change it,then why not do the new version,but leave the current one in the pack as well-more variety. And watch your language ;)

• Like 2

no mate don't. they look awesome already. And if you really feel that you have to change it,then why not do the new version,but leave the current one in the pack as well-more variety. And watch your language ;)

Yeah I think this is the better option. :)

I agree with Ineptaphid. If you want to make the changes, leave the originals alone and make a new one, but make sure it is a change/addition that YOU want to make and are happy to do. It is your mod after all.

• Like 6

I too shall hop on the Ineptaphid train.  Nothing wrong with more options, if you feel the change must be reflected.

So, has anyone had an issue with the SCAR and the Heavy Machine Gun not making any sound?  

I have a mission using latest version (and Dynasound) and I get gunfire sound from the Mk18 and the M4 but nothing from the SCAR or heavy machine gun.  I'm assuming I goofed somewhere or Dynasound is causing it?

The second to last upload was missing the sound files.  

• Like 1

your killing me dude....unreal

No no no, I tried to make it easier. My original intention wasn't to demand anything, but just point out the fact some helmets have dual flashlights and I haven't seen a Ranger with such combo. I kind of waited that some Ex-Ranger or geardo would've arrived with a golden unicorn from heavens and posted a butt load of pictures where a Ranger has that kind of setup. :D But they look pretty cool and many people like them. You don't have change them for me, just do as you want. :)

• Like 1

your killing me dude....unreal

sorry man I meant that to be humorous, I should've added "lol" at the end hah...it was a long nite ,you do have a very solid point though, I too haven't seen any pics out there with any type of operator with a setup like that, so no worries brah :)

• Like 1

After working with the Americans, Brits, French, and Germans over the past 8.5yrs...one thing I can say is that there are "different strokes for different folks". Every guy in every unit has a belief on what is the best approach to balancing operational functionality to maintaining light discipline and even team-mate recognition.

Some guys take the, coincidentally, more flashy approach so that ISTAR knows who not to shoot while others are all about the secret squirrel ninja approach where their black is blacker than your black, and FYI ...they call it black black.

But, in all seriousness, I think what is important for any setup, whether IRL or even for the MilSim guys, is making sure that it is flexible in that it can allow you to do your job in a wide variety of likely situations. Anything outside of that is just extra icing if you catch my D !?! lol

• Like 2

No it isn't "pretty standard".

After working with the Americans, Brits, French, and Germans over the past 8.5yrs...one thing I can say is that there are "different strokes for different folks". Every guy in every unit has a belief on what is the best approach to balancing operational functionality to maintaining light discipline and even team-mate recognition.

Some guys take the, coincidentally, more flashy approach so that ISTAR knows who not to shoot while others are all about the secret squirrel ninja approach where their black is blacker than your black, and FYI ...they call it black black.

But, in all seriousness, I think what is important for any setup, whether IRL or even for the MilSim guys, is making sure that it is flexible in that it can allow you to do your job in a wide variety of likely situations. Anything outside of that is just extra icing if you catch my D !?! lol

lol...... how does this game attract these people

• Like 2