Just to elaborate. The meter in the right hand corner displays zero because it's still set up for the old Armour system. Secondly, at least sometimes, the new armor model won't kick in in the Virtual Armory. These are both BI bugs. 

Just to elaborate. The meter in the right hand corner displays zero because it's still set up for the old Armour system. Secondly, at least sometimes, the new armor model won't kick in in the Virtual Armory. These are both BI bugs. 

Oki i see so , for all the players don't watch the arsenal visual , i got it !

Thats right-just spawn some Rangers ans hoot the armour with a pistol to check. Regarding ACE and RHS-they can effect armour especially with vehicles.If using RHS,go to your gameplay options and disable "advanced armour"

Yeah, just spawn two NPC's in the editor, one with the vest you're testing and one naked. Then just take a handgun, shoot for center mass and verify that the guy in the Vest can take a few more shots. I wouldn't spawn actual Rangers, simply because a bullet could hit their AR and throw the test results off. ACE can also throw the test off because of the medical system, guys dying of bleeding and impact wounds rather then hitpoint damage.

• Like 1

Yeah, just spawn two NPC's in the editor, one with the vest you're testing and one naked. Then just take a handgun, shoot for center mass and verify that the guy in the Vest can take a few more shots. I wouldn't spawn actual Rangers, simply because a bullet could hit their AR and throw the test results off. ACE can also throw the test off because of the medical system, guys dying of bleeding and impact wounds rather then hitpoint damage.

That's right-try it with just the mods needed to verify.

I challenge anyone who's willing to be shot in the chest from 10M' with a handgun from 9mm up to .44 magnum, wearing SAPI plates with video proof of them doing it, to question the armour rating in ARMA 3 as not being realistic  :D

The armour values are showing in the Dev Branch of the game, the vests are showing about 6/8th's with Ballistic Protection on mine, and in the VA they will take 3-5 5.56mm rounds from 10-20M on both front and back of the vests.

I challenge anyone who's willing to be shot in the chest from 10M' with a handgun from 9mm up to .44 magnum, wearing SAPI plates with video proof of them doing it, to question the armour rating in ARMA 3 as not being realistic  :D

Sir,I accept your challenge! no..no I really don't ;) I do agree with you though -armour values are just fine. Many people seem to expect a helmet to stop a bullet-this will never happen unless it is a very glancing blow or deflection. And the plates in this mod are perfect I feel-they will stop a couple of rounds,but by then in real life,aside from being knocked on your arse,bruised,winded etc-your plates would be wrecked anyway.

Huge congratulations for your US 75th Rangers mod release!!! I will definitely download it today and try to play around some maps :)  

Greets DonbassCZ

A frighting amount of Arma 3 players seem to think that a SAPI plate should stop a burst of 5.56x45mm. IRL even if you got massively lucky and each bullet hit a different part of the plate, avoiding penetration, you're still looking at cracked ribs from the impact force. As for Helmets, the OPScore is more for making sure you don't crack your head on an Afghan door frame or get splinters and shrapnel in your head then Ballistic protection. It's rated IIIA, anything heavier then .44 magnum will go right through.

Great Job!!, but i miss the backpacks  :wub:

There's 5 different backpacks in the addon.. 

A frighting amount of Arma 3 players seem to think that a SAPI plate should stop a burst of 5.56x45mm. IRL even if you got massively lucky and each bullet hit a different part of the plate, avoiding penetration, you're still looking at cracked ribs from the impact force. As for Helmets, the OPScore is more for making sure you don't crack your head on an Afghan door frame or get splinters and shrapnel in your head then Ballistic protection. It's rated IIIA, anything heavier then .44 magnum will go right through.

Ran out of likes for today but spot on.. the Osprey plates were allegedly supposed to stop a .50 Cal, I'd like to see you get up and carry on like you fell of your bike after getting hit with that fucker!!!

It's impossible to put realistic blunt force trauma in the game, and people would only complain anyway saying it's not realistic, or it's too realistic. It's just a game, the only thing that can ever truly represent combat is combat itself, and that's no fucking game. 

• Like 1

Hey hawaiian congrats on the release! It has been what I was waiting for, for quite some times now. Now I got a few things to report:

1) Weapons have no sounds

2) An error comes up whenever I place a unit in the editor saying something like error no model which results in me deleting all units to see which one is causing the problem (still haven't figured it out)

3) Custom loadouts don't seem to work. I tried both raw pasting in the units init and writing a script and it doesnt work. I don't see what it wouldnt but maybe you know.

This addon is amazing and I have a few things to say that really stand out!

1) Excuse me but the helmets are sexy as fuck!

2) The thermal wear is better than I thought I really like it

3) I saw the ranger underwear in the arsenal but later on when I removed all my clothes as a ranger unit I noticed I had that ranger underwear instead of that stupid white arma one. A-M-A-Z-E-D.

4) The patches are really nice too, congrats Siege A

Ran out of likes for today but spot on.. the Osprey plates were allegedly supposed to stop a .50 Cal, I'd like to see you get up and carry on like you fell of your bike after getting hit with that fucker!!!

It's impossible to put realistic blunt force trauma in the game, and people would only complain anyway saying it's not realistic, or it's too realistic. It's just a game, the only thing that can ever truly represent combat is combat itself, and that's no fucking game. 

Osprey is supposed to stop a 50? I didn't know that-and yeah...just no.. that is ridiculous to imagine :) Regarding blunt force trauma-TPW does an okay job of something similar-if hit with a round or if you are to near an explosion,you are knocked off your feet onto your side for a few seconds-it's great.Works well if a grenade goes off beside your cover-it blows you off your feet.

Hey hawaiian congrats on the release! It has been what I was waiting for, for quite some times now. Now I got a few things to report:

2) An error comes up whenever I place a unit in the editor saying something like error no model which results in me deleting all units to see which one is causing the problem (still haven't figured it out)

3) Custom loadouts don't seem to work. I tried both raw pasting in the units init and writing a script and it doesnt work. I don't see what it wouldnt but maybe you know.

3) I saw the ranger underwear in the arsenal but later on when I removed all my clothes as a ranger unit I noticed I had that ranger underwear instead of that stupid white arma one. A-M-A-Z-E-D.

That model error might be tied into the weapons, if it was one of the character models the game would crash, or the player would not show/be suck into the ground.

If you have DEV build and EDEN, you will be able to see all the soldier models, I get this error too but forgot to pass it on during testing, it's never crashed my editor/game .. Ineptaphid ? comments mate?

Some pics that i take today, hope you enjoy hawaiian and all the people in the topic! :D

Two operators of the 75th ranger regiment receive information from a villager about some talibans settlement

CfyuPlL.jpg

A sniper of the 75th ranger regiment cover his squad and some usaf hmmwv

OPB6EVs.jpg

75th ranger regiment operators during a patrol in Pakistan

2JC0mZg.jpg

Time to breach and kick some ass...

r5xQKNp.jpg

Thanks for the great work mate! :D Rangers lead the way!

• Like 10

The Osprey plate being able to stop a 50. seems to be just rumor, since the MoD doesn't release specifications. But British Plates are much thicker then SAPI so who knows? Mind you, even if the round didn't penetrate, the impact would crush your chest pretty badly.   

EDIT: Those are some fine screenshots direone, although I should mention in the name of accuracy that it's unlikely that any Rangers are still using Eotech's post November 2015.

• Like 1

I just placed all the groups into EDEN, and no errors came up, this addon uses a very specific script to generate the gear placement on the characters, it randomises everything, so you might not get the same load out every time. it chooses the gear randomly for you. That's why you wont be able to make custom load outs as they're already customised, and the sqf is hard coded to the character config, so as soon as you generate a load out in VA, as soon as the game launches, it generates another. I hope that makes sense? 

Siege-A can explain it better.

• Like 1

You can get your custom loadout to apply by putting a delay on your own gear script alex.

• Like 1

The Osprey plate being able to stop a 50. seems to be just rumor, since the MoD doesn't release specifications. But British Plates are much thicker then SAPI so who knows? Mind you, even if the round didn't penetrate, the impact would crush your chest pretty badly.   

EDIT: Those are some fine screenshots direone, although I should mention in the name of accuracy that it's unlikely that any Rangers are still using Eotech's post November 2015.

Class action against Eotech? Yeah I have a feeling that most Tier 1's will have stopped using them, as well as several LE Agencies, personally I loved their sights, still got my 552 and it's going strong after 12 years. 

And the ones in ARMA are cracking little numbers too, although I've been favouring the aim-point micro cc with a x3 lately :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up mate! But i see a lot of pictures of 75th ranger regiment using it :/

Thanks for the heads up mate! But i see a lot of pictures of 75th ranger regiment using it :/

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/11/25/maker-eotech-sights-pays-25-6-million-settle-fraud-lawsuit/

Basically all Eotechs have serious issues with Zero wandering at very hot and very cold temperatures, the manufacturer deliberately failed to disclose to the DoD, DHS and FBI. Also water can ingress into the sight and cause clarity issues. So they're being shelved. 

• Like 2

That model error might be tied into the weapons, if it was one of the character models the game would crash, or the player would not show/be suck into the ground.

If you have DEV build and EDEN, you will be able to see all the soldier models, I get this error too but forgot to pass it on during testing, it's never crashed my editor/game .. Ineptaphid ? comments mate?

I'm not running DEV or EDEN-but I only got the missing model error when I ran the mod and forgot it's dependencies-you are running the other mods needed right? :) I got the same "error no model found" thing-when I spawned the sniper without having the SR-25 mod running.

Regarding custom loadouts-I did not do much testing with that but I did a bit and had no problems. As I say though-I am on stable 1.54

To make custom loadouts for squad mates, I use a mod for it-so long as the units are in your squad,this mod allows you to apply loadouts you make simply by double clicking the loadout you want on the unit you select.It is one of the most useful mods ever. I go into the arsenal-make up a few loadouts and save them in the mod,then whenever i start a mission I just select my squad mate and double click the loadout I want-and hey presto-he is wearing it :)   http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25910

• Like 1

Well that was depressing to find out...

What was depressing to find out?