Should try Eliteness, it works perfect for me with windows 10.

• Like 1

I'm sorry I don't know anything about W10. Maybe try running Eliteness with compatibility option enabled (if it's available in W10).

If you want to use the cleanest way, use pboProject (together with Eliteness).

Be warned... at start it will annoy you, because if there is a small error in there, it won't let you pack your addon up.

It will check every rvmat file, it will look for any linked objects if they are really there. It checks your config's for syntax errors.

But it will give you a hint where the error could have happend.

It's one big transition, but one most will never go back.

Just to clear some things up for all the questions being asked: Yes, Will is currently using Steam A3 Tools to try and pack the addon, Addon Builder to be more specific. This is the program that he is having issues with. I too have had to switch over to A3 Tools since most other older programs don't seem to function quite right on Win10. There are plenty of other programs that pack the addon with no problem, but for some reason, most of those programs won't binarize the files...at least not since Win10. Try to avoid throwing out names of programs unless you can confirm that those work with Win10...it's probably even more frustrating for him if he goes downloading 15 different programs that people have mentioned, only to find out that they all don't work with his operating system. Furthermore, I seriously doubt he will upload anything for someone else to pack for him, as that leaves a bunch of models unbinned, and that could be a huge security risk for him considering that some of those models have been donated to him from other authors. Not anything personal, just not a very good choice from a developers perspective.

What would help here is if we can work together to figure out, A: What is wrong in his settings for A3 Tools (there must be a reason it is leaving these files/folders out) and B: People that have Win10 to help with finding a program that will pack the addon and binarize the contents. This will make his life a hell-of-alot easier if we eliminate alot of the guess-work that he has to go through.

• Like 1

Windows 10 user. Didn't had any problem with Addon Builder. Also haven't changed any of its default settings besides what to binarize

• Like 1

Just to clear some things up for all the questions being asked: Yes, Will is currently using Steam A3 Tools to try and pack the addon, Addon Builder to be more specific. This is the program that he is having issues with. I too have had to switch over to A3 Tools since most other older programs don't seem to function quite right on Win10. There are plenty of other programs that pack the addon with no problem, but for some reason, most of those programs won't binarize the files...at least not since Win10. Try to avoid throwing out names of programs unless you can confirm that those work with Win10...it's probably even more frustrating for him if he goes downloading 15 different programs that people have mentioned, only to find out that they all don't work with his operating system. Furthermore, I seriously doubt he will upload anything for someone else to pack for him, as that leaves a bunch of models unbinned, and that could be a huge security risk for him considering that some of those models have been donated to him from other authors. Not anything personal, just not a very good choice from a developers perspective.

What would help here is if we can work together to figure out, A: What is wrong in his settings for A3 Tools (there must be a reason it is leaving these files/folders out) and B: People that have Win10 to help with finding a program that will pack the addon and binarize the contents. This will make his life a hell-of-alot easier if we eliminate alot of the guess-work that he has to go through.

Thanks for the update on whats going on. I have tried googling this issue-but it yields nothing useful. I am not familiar enough with the tools to be much use,but I will ask some other people and post anything useful here. Good luck guys.

Windows 10 user. Didn't had any problem with Addon Builder. Also haven't changed any of its default settings besides what to binarize

Good to know. I have a feeling it has something to do with his Options in Addon Builder, under the section 'List of files to copy directly'. I too use Win10 and after trying just a moment ago, haven't had any trouble with Addon Builder packing.

I know its been a while since we last spoke, but let me know if you need a hand packing. I'm quite confident with A3 Tools Addon Builder!

• Like 1

Windows 10  A2 tools BinPBO zero issues

Rgr that, Road Runner. Much appreciated, I will have a look now and see if it works on my end as well. Do you have a link handy? If not, I'm sure a quick search can find it.

And Adacas, could you post what is listed under 'List of Files to copy directly' in addon builder, since you still have the default settings. I have changed some of the fields there in mine, so just need to know what was there by default.

EDIT: Okay, just tested BinPBO, and just as you said, worked flawlessly. Signed the addon, all contents are there, and even binarized. Good deal. (This was only a test addon, not Hawaiian's Rangers for people wondering.)

• Like 2

I stopped using A3 addon maker as it's very unforgiving and had been using A2 BinPBO for a few years and since it's been working fine on A3 stuff didn't feel the need to change, same with A2 Bulldozer/O2

• Like 1

I stopped using A3 addon maker as it's very unforgiving and had been using A2 BinPBO for a few years and since it's been working fine on A3 stuff didn't feel the need to change, same with A2 Bulldozer/O2

It's funny because I already had BinPBO installed, but for some reason I quit using it awhile back..before A3, can't remember why. Coulda swore it had issues when packing addons, but seems to work perfectly now. Many thanks on the info, this will help greatly. May very well be the solution to this whole issue.

• Like 1

I've been chatting with Hawaiian today on skype, doesn't appear to be a major drama really :D , one that even a couple of days re writing configs wont sort.

It's funny because I already had BinPBO installed, but for some reason I quit using it awhile back..before A3, can't remember why. Coulda swore it had issues when packing addons, but seems to work perfectly now. Many thanks on the info, this will help greatly. May very well be the solution to this whole issue.

That's good news. Hope everything goes smoothly :)

I've been chatting with Hawaiian today on skype, doesn't appear to be a major drama really :D , one that even a couple of days re writing configs wont sort.

Well, I hadn't spoken to him since last night when he was having issues with getting it packed, so that's the only reason I decided to make an effort to help him get it sorted. Figured its better to jump in and help instead of throwing out theories on what he could do. But if it's not anything major, then I'll leave it be...was under a different impression. And I'll take that jab, the whole cfg fiasco was a bad idea this late in his mod's development, but I was only providing suggestions on ways to make his stuff more organized and suited for the long run...guess next time I'll just keep suggestions like that to myself. Contrary to most, I'm more interested in seeing his mod flourish in a complete and professional way, instead of just making a point to be able to play with it as soon as possible...but I understand not everyone shares these same views.

• Like 1

Well, I hadn't spoken to him since last night when he was having issues with getting it packed, so that's the only reason I decided to make an effort to help him get it sorted. Figured its better to jump in and help instead of throwing out theories on what he could do. But if it's not anything major, then I'll leave it be...was under a different impression. And I'll take that jab, the whole cfg fiasco was a bad idea this late in his mod's development, but I was only providing suggestions on ways to make his stuff more organized and suited for the long run...guess next time I'll just keep suggestions like that to myself. Contrary to most, I'm more interested in seeing his mod flourish in a complete and professional way, instead of just making a point to be able to play with it as soon as possible...but I understand not everyone shares these same views.

It's great that Hawaiian has guys like you and Roadrunner helping him on this. That's what I love about this community-he asked for help and withing minutes had dozens of suggestions. I know not all were useful and many people are just very eager to get this addon into their hands(me included) but still-it shows a community spirit that is often lacking elsewhere. Good job guys :)

• Like 2

Siege A, without you helping with the configs Hawaiian would have struggled I think, I've seen pretty much what's on offer and all I can say is you've written some awesome scripts, all I pointed out was that he's got everything in the one place, helmets vests, glasses etc, but nothing seemed to be "linked",  what I personally do is make the detachable s sub pbo's then bring them all together under one major folder and that way you're packing up smaller pbo's, and not spending a good deal of time chasing errors if it's all being packed under one "folder" type thing. 

This addon has great potential, I don't think anyone wants to see it fail, I've loved being involved with a small part of this, I've seen Hawaiian come leaps and bounds in the past couple of months, and I know that he's over the moon that you're working closely with him, and that's what I love about this community, not the snidey wee bitchy comments, but when people go out of their way to offer assistance to others.

Thanks for being his motivation too.

Actually disregard the part about not seeing linked items, I didn't look close enough!! :unsure:

• Like 3

I appreciate it, but feel like I've played a small part compared to most of the others that have contributed assets to the mod, alot of credit needs to go their way. And I'll agree with both of you that this truly is a one of a kind community, regardless of some of the trying times that it's gone through. It's one of the reasons I became motivated to get involved more where I could, since there can be many little things that alot of mods miss in development that can make it more appealing, not to mention function better. Definitely won't say I'm an expert, because there's still more I learn about it day by day, but at least know enough to contribute.

The good news is, everything seems to be coming together. With all the efforts involved, I have no doubt it's going to be something Hawaiian and DaveGary can be proud of, and of course the rest of the community.  ;)

• Like 5

I appreciate it, but feel like I've played a small part compared to most of the others that have contributed assets to the mod, alot of credit needs to go their way. And I'll agree with both of you that this truly is a one of a kind community, regardless of some of the trying times that it's gone through. It's one of the reasons I became motivated to get involved more where I could, since there can be many little things that alot of mods miss in development that can make it more appealing, not to mention function better. Definitely won't say I'm an expert, because there's still more I learn about it day by day, but at least know enough to contribute.

The good news is, everything seems to be coming together. With all the efforts involved, I have no doubt it's going to be something Hawaiian and DaveGary can be proud of, and of course the rest of the community.  ;)

That's great to hear. I have been watching this mod for so long now and getting so excited for release-that news yesterday was so worrying :) I really do think this is going to be one of the best quality and most used packs for Arma3

A few bugs to iron out, but I can assure you people, you will NOT be disappointed once this is released, it's a great looking addon, well done Hawaiian and the other contributors. .. I'm liking this a LOT!! 

That is soo mean Road Runner  :P

I know!! :D I can see this addon being a massive hit, what's more, the vests are ................. wait and see !! hahahahahahhahaa :P

• Like 2

I updated my mod page https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172680-us-75th-rangers-wip/?p=2697550 ,if anyone interested in what I'm working on at the moment it's stated on there. It'll just be a day or two, maybe sooner that the addon may be released, I just have to work out a few kinks myself.........to all the testers I apologize but it'll be better for me and yourselves if I just use 3 already selected "testers", I was already kinda overwhelmed with the fixes I had to do today so It's better to just work with a few than 20, yes over 20 people volunteered to test it ,(even cats from a 75th Ranger sim unit from China volunteered to help out testing the addon lol) and since the addon will only be in version 1.0 it'll still be in a "tested" status since everyone has different rigs and such, who know what will happen. Anyway thanks for the interest and help, other than that stay cool.......

• Like 6