I'm not mistaken, the colour he stated was olive drab, which is what I posted a link to, and the colour you posted isn't far of it, the colour on his vest is to much of a grey, there doesn't appear to be any green in it.

This would be a better reference. 

vest-usmc-rg-3.jpg

But as you can see, it's still a big difference in colour.

Stonebridge that's not ranger green.

This is

And this

So I'd say it looks pretty good! :)

Either way-these Rangers kick ass and we all can't wait for release. Vests look perfect to me and I am sure hawaiian will be expanding his content even further after initial release, so there may be lighter/darker vests released then. Personally...I just want those units! ;)

It's not that it's dark, but olive drab is more of a green, here:  .....You see what I mean.

.....you come to me with pictures from google? nice lol, I got my references from "real" service members from this forums and abroad......colour can turn into all kinds of shit in lighting, I came from a graffiti background and colour was definitley my "thing", but when you get a reference from google, she'll throw all sorts of shit at you>> https://www.google.com/search?q=olive+drab&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjFytrCmcfKAhVD3mMKHSk_CSQQsAQIMA&biw=1561&bih=967 ,so please olive drab,this drab,that drab, I have what I have, it's like you expect me to get it to the teeth 

• Like 2

I'm not expecting you to do anything, I'm merely stating the colour on the vest with the pics shown to us, looks grey, that is all, and yes I'm aware colour changes under different lighting as well, I'm no idiot when it comes to colour, I'm a fully trained stylist, and know my ins and outs. 

So in all, yes, it may be a colour your happy to call ranger green, but from our stand point, we haven't seen it in game for ourselves so we can only give you feed back, and that feedback is that with the images provided the vest colour looks more grey than anything, you don't need to be an expert to see from those images it lacks any resemblance of green. So, as I said, hopefully it will be more clear in game as to the Tone and Depth of the colour, but at the moment it looks grey.

This is all I meant, so please before jumping down my throat, take some time to understand why we asked in regard to the colour.

man, cats like you can sure make a dudes day turn sour lol, but whatever....moving on

trust me when I say that vest is green, and a dark green, close enough to be called ranger green and that the base texture comes from the God of texturing himself... Sabre.

• Like 1

Thanks to Adacas for helping on combining all the textures inherited by the vest, I got them all mashed onto one texture instead of 10, runner also suggested I do this to help the PC's processing. With this new method learned, I'll definitely have to implement this towards all of the Ops-Core's textures. Did a lot this past few days, been also rebuilding my config, got the essentials working....note to self, NEVER rebuild your config during the end stages of your addon!

the_longest_wip_lol_by_dissizithawaii-d9

wipf_by_dissizithawaii-d9m5y47.jpg

Loving the Under Armour Thermal layer :) Keep it up! 

• Like 1

damnit I feel obligated to fix the damn colour now.....blame the colour of the vest on Arma's lighting, I get what I get from previewing assets in Oxygen 2, because it looks totally different in O2 than it does in  Arma 3....obviously

Loving the Under Armour Thermal layer  :) Keep it up! 

glad you like them ,mahalo!

damnit I feel obligated to fix the damn colour now.....blame the colour of the vest on Arma's lighting, I get what I get from previewing assets in Oxygen 2, because it looks totally different in O2 than it does in  Arma 3....obviously

glad you like them ,mahalo!

I wouldn't worry about the color too much to be honest. Don't hold it to me but if I'm not mistaken the Virtual Arsenal's lighting is a lot different to the normal world lighting you would find on Altis or other maps. I normally test my textures in the arsenal and then in a map just to double check. Maybe that will help? 

• Like 4

Don't hold it to me but if I'm not mistaken the Virtual Arsenal's lighting is a lot different to the normal world lighting you would find on Altis or other maps.

I had a little rant on that subject with many members through Skype lol, but yeh believe me I agree......

• Like 1

it's not that dark, c'mon....

asolo_fsn_95_gtx_by_dissizithawaii-d9pcg

It's not really that dark I don't see why the others say it looks like plain black.

It's not really that dark I don't see why the others say it looks like plain black.

It definetely isn't black. There's definetely greenish hue on it, but it looks a bit desaturated. Same could be said about the multicam, tho.

I think the best option is to wait the release, see how it looks outside of the virtual arsenal and then give a feedback - in a constructive way. It's also worth noting that some monitors display colors a bit differently from each other, so in the Hawaiian end the colors may look more saturated.

... or vice versa. :rolleyes:

I think i have a serious eye problem too . Because i see it as Black.

I thought Ranger Green looks like this: I am running a Airsoft 75th Ranger Loadout and the Vest colour is the same as in this Picture (Not the same Vest but the same colour)

150100225_0_5.jpgThis is not meant negative! I am just saying what i see. I really like  what i have seen of your mod and i am really looking forward to it. And i know the struggle of getting the right colour.

The scopes are black, the suppressor is black, the vest doesn't even look remotely close to either of them, the under armour shirt is black, and the vest doesn't look like it matches that colour either, so nothing wrong with your eyes, besides, I know where you got the vest, and the texture :D

A month out in the sun and regular wear and tear that vest is going to bleach and fade just like uniforms, and any other garments worn.

I think i have a serious eye problem too . Because i see it as Black.

I thought Ranger Green looks like this: I am running a Airsoft 75th Ranger Loadout and the Vest colour is the same as in this Picture (Not the same Vest but the same colour)

150100225_0_5.jpgThis is not meant negative! I am just saying what i see. I really like  what i have seen of your mod and i am really looking forward to it. And i know the struggle of getting the right colour.

and that vest looks like washed out OD on my screen ;) nothing like Ranger Green at all.

• Like 1

and that vest looks like washed out OD on my screen ;) nothing like Ranger Green at all.

Yeah this!

I think its really depending on the Screen Settings.

Yeah this!

I think its really depending on the Screen Settings.

Also don't forget that the colours you see on screen, are not always the same way the colours show up in gimp, or photo shop, the way the game renders colours, with the various atmospherics can make a vest appear 3-4 different colours depending on the manner in which the light falls on it, just like real life.

if the vest colours are so annoying to people, don't download the mod, it's simple. 

It's like the stuff from CUP's, great effort porting all the gear and vehilces and weapons over, but the uniform colours to me as just way too bright, and fake looking.

RVMAT's will also cause issues on how the texture is seen in the game, most people bitch about the default knee pads being too shiny, all down to the default smdi file, it's how the arm flags are shiny too. 

Also don't forget that the colours you see on screen, are not always the same way the colours show up in gimp, or photo shop, the way the game renders colours, with the various atmospherics can make a vest appear 3-4 different colours depending on the manner in which the light falls on it, just like real life.

if the vest colours are so annoying to people, don't download the mod, it's simple. 

It's like the stuff from CUP's, great effort porting all the gear and vehilces and weapons over, but the uniform colours to me as just way too bright, and fake looking.

RVMAT's will also cause issues on how the texture is seen in the game, most people bitch about the default knee pads being too shiny, all down to the default smdi file, it's how the arm flags are shiny too. 

I think simply the fact that there is a new vest makes the mod great because there are so few new high quality Vests being made.

Not to mention the great Cyre Uniforms with new Models and the Under Armour Undershirts etc.

I am making a CIRAS Vest but it is such a damn hard work.

I think simply the fact that there is a new vest makes the mod great because there are so few new high quality Vests being made.

Not to mention the great Cyre Uniforms with new Models and the Under Armour Undershirts etc.

I am making a CIRAS Vest but it is such a damn hard work.

I could just give it to you if you want

• Like 2

Everyone just calm down and take a breath, no reason for any heated conversations over who knows what ranger green really looks like. In my own opinion, I could care less if the vest was hot pink...since it is well-known in this community that once something new gets released, the retex-jockies will make it into every camo/color variation you could hope for....not to mention I'm sure Hawaiian will be releasing his own different colored variations after release (maybe, maybe not). But, I think at this point, most of the people following this mod aren't all that concerned with how accurate the color-scheme is, they just want to get their hands on it. And one thing I'm certain of, all jokes aside, Hawaiian has been working his ass off on this mod and needs positive reactions to keep motivated. Not saying that anyone is being rude towards him or his work, just saying let's leave the criticism to the side until you have had an actual chance to see/test it ingame...screenshots don't always tell the whole story. It kinda drags you down when you've worked so hard on something for so long, only for people to tell you its wrong before it's even released.

Be calm, be patient, and most of all...don't piss the mod developer off.  :P

• Like 5

Everyone just calm down and take a breath, no reason for any heated conversations over who knows what ranger green really looks like. In my own opinion, I could care less if the vest was hot pink...since it is well-known in this community that once something new gets released, the retex-jockies will make it into every camo/color variation you could hope for....not to mention I'm sure Hawaiian will be releasing his own different colored variations after release (maybe, maybe not). But, I think at this point, most of the people following this mod aren't all that concerned with how accurate the color-scheme is, they just want to get their hands on it. And one thing I'm certain of, all jokes aside, Hawaiian has been working his ass off on this mod and needs positive reactions to keep motivated. Not saying that anyone is being rude towards him or his work, just saying let's leave the criticism to the side until you have had an actual chance to see/test it ingame...screenshots don't always tell the whole story. It kinda drags you down when you've worked so hard on something for so long, only for people to tell you its wrong before it's even released.

Be calm, be patient, and most of all...don't piss the mod developer off.  :P

Couldn't agree more here. We have all been checking this thread daily for months now-I really don't care about a shade of green this close to release. Hawaiians work is looking outstanding-let the man release it and bask in the glory we heap on him for a while...then you can start criticizing all you like ;)

• Like 1

Well said gentlemen. Keep up the great work Hawaiian. You and your team are putting together a quality product for the rest of us. Looking forward to the release.

• Like 3